We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…135136138140141…235

Comments

  • J_K_2
    J_K_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    I've rung 6 times today.
    I have been told, that it doesn't apply to me so I can't cancel, I haven't had a text so I can't cancel and the last statement was from Rick who is the sales manager in the north east call centre who said that I've got to write in to the correspondence department and give them 14 days notice of cancellation. This will fall 1 day after my billing date.
    So I've rung that 0800 number and the very nice guy from there was said he will go on hold and call me back when he gets through.
    I'm not happy waiting 14 days. I want my PAC code this week!

    Their reasoning that I'm not elligable is because I haven't gone over my minutes in the last 3 months.
    Don't tlet them fob you off with that. They are still changing your contract to 1 that you did agree to so you are eligable to cancel your contract without penalty.
  • Urchin wrote: »
    They will have to. I also had confirmation today from a friend who works at Orange. They had a big meeting today and have had to decide to let everyone cancel. Try again

    Is there an official stance as yet?
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    the only good thing about orange right now is the music they play you while you're on hold! how does the PAC code thing work?will my phone still be active till i get a new sim and port the number? i want to go onto o2 sim only but need my same number to be active over the next few days as i dont have a landline. would orange just cut me off at midnight?
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Doobdonk wrote: »
    For good measure i'd also included [EMAIL="mike.hughes@orange-ftgroup.com"]mike.hughes@orange-ftgroup.com[/EMAIL] as he was the vice president for customer care a year ago and i took my chances that he still might be.

    He isn't now. There's someone else at the helm, and has been for quite some time now.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • I am all tempted to cancel but what would happen to the free broadband that comes with bundle?
    Would they transfer it to the paid one or they would disconnect the broadband as well?
    Was this post useful to you? Feel free to click the thanks button--¬ :beer:
  • stefpeo
    stefpeo Posts: 5 Forumite
    I really hope these latest posts are true saying that everyone can cancel!? Ive had so much stress trying to cancel my contract, they cancelled my boyfriends straight away (his contract was at the 17th of 18 months) but they will not cancel mine, only have a few months left on my contract and would have happily stayed with orange but my partner bought the iphone so now my minutes will increase because we won't benefit from the magic number!

    They obviously lied to me because on friday i was told Ofcom had agreed they were within they're rights not to let me cancel, but speaking to Ofcom this morning they have told me that i am within my rights to cancel. I am now waiting for a lady to ring me back tomorrow (she told me she will...let's see) and tell me what's happenning.

    After the way I have been treated by Orange and i have had 3 consecutive contracts with them i can safely say I will not be returning!
  • brady0
    brady0 Posts: 5 Forumite
    This is the e-mail reply i got from BuyMobilePhones.net when i asked if i cancelled with Orange would they let me out of the contract with no penalties.

    Hi Rick,

    Customers that cancel their contract within the first five months from their connection will claw-back on their contract. This essentially means that any commission we would have got from your contract would be lost and as a result we would bill those customers who were to claw-back in order to recover the commission we will lose from them cancelling their contracts.

    Kind Regards,
    Katrina


    I then asked what would be the cost to me?

    Reply

    Hi Rick,

    I have looked into this and the amount to be invoiced should the
    contract be terminated early resulting in us losing our commission would
    be £500.

    Kind Regards,
    Katrina


    So from this i would say i cannot cancel as they have me over a barrel eventhough i could probably cancel with Orange.

    Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

    But your contract is with orange?

    I doubt they'd be able to charge back comission from you because it now has nothing to do with them? Your contract is with orange and as such you don't need to speak to that website ever again.
  • This isn't true, i have just rang to be told the legal team are continuing with what they have been saying for the past weekend. 17 084 numbers have had to be called or to prove that you have gone outside of minutes.
    He refused to give extension or put a manager on.
  • jase301
    jase301 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just been on the phone, and yes, after weeks of wrangling, saying i wasn't eligible, one quick phone call tonight and they said they will send me my PAC code straight away, and cancelled my contract!!

    GET IN THERE!!!!!

    Many thanks to everyone who has helped on this thread, i've been on here virtually 24/7 keeping up to date on this, and particular thanks to the guy from MOBILES.CO.UK who has been the only 3rd party to give up their time and help their customers out on this issue.

    I would DEFO use Mobiles.co.uk again for that reason alone.

    Back to 02 for me Woohoooooooooo!!!!
  • Urchin_2
    Urchin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    stefpeo wrote: »
    I really hope these latest posts are true saying that everyone can cancel!? Ive had so much stress trying to cancel my contract, they cancelled my boyfriends straight away (his contract was at the 17th of 18 months) but they will not cancel mine, only have a few months left on my contract and would have happily stayed with orange but my partner bought the iphone so now my minutes will increase because we won't benefit from the magic number!

    They obviously lied to me because on friday i was told Ofcom had agreed they were within they're rights not to let me cancel, but speaking to Ofcom this morning they have told me that i am within my rights to cancel. I am now waiting for a lady to ring me back tomorrow (she told me she will...let's see) and tell me what's happenning.

    After the way I have been treated by Orange and i have had 3 consecutive contracts with them i can safely say I will not be returning!


    Honestly this is 100% true. The meeting was only today so I reckon it will take a while for all the staff on the phones to be told.

    I don't want to cancel altogether with them, I just want a new phone, so although I was fobbed off today, now they have had the meeting I will try ringing again tomorrow and if they say no, I will tell them I know they had a meeting today and they'd better check with their supervisor and cancel me :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.