We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…136137139141142…235

Comments

  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    tried again got told to phone back on weds to ask if there are any updates. also was told that exceeding your minutes for three consecutive months, phoning 0845 and 0870 numbers and using web data were methods of them gauging whether or not you are eligible. load of rubbish! she didn't believe people will have been able to cancel without receving the text and said about all calls being recorded to ensure this, blah! she said as I had told her I hadnt received the text she could lose her job if the call was monitored. she put a note on my account to say I hadnt received the text so don't know if you will manage to cancel quicker if you don't mention the text.
  • I just tried, and got told that because i didnt go over my minutes that they would not cancel me, i tried to argue the fact that if i ever went over the allowance i would incur charges that i did not agree to in the first place and that they was breaching the terms and condition of the contract i agreed to. To which they still said it didnt apply to me as i didnt go over the allowance so they wouldnt do it. Any ideas?
  • just tried again, spoke to a woman called Leanne, got her to check with her manager about the meeting this afternoon, she put me on hold and I wasn't at all hopefull as I had a big ding dong with a right arogant git earlier, but I GOT CANCELED!!!!! as of midnight tonight Orange no more.
    WAHAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
    (can you tell I'm pleased?) lol
    thank you so much OP, I lurves ya xxxxxxxx
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • meant to say, I never went over my minutes or anythng, get them to check with a manager before you hang up as todays meeting has obviously had some impact
  • u01jet4 wrote: »
    tried again got told to phone back on weds to ask if there are any updates. also was told that exceeding your minutes for three consecutive months, phoning 0845 and 0870 numbers and using web data were methods of them gauging whether or not you are eligible. load of rubbish! she didn't believe people will have been able to cancel without receving the text and said about all calls being recorded to ensure this, blah! she said as I had told her I hadnt received the text she could lose her job if the call was monitored. she put a note on my account to say I hadnt received the text so don't know if you will manage to cancel quicker if you don't mention the text.

    When i called to inquire about cancelling on Friday as soon as i recieved the text i asked if they could confirm the last date i could cancel (am only a few weeks away from the early upgrade) and they confirmed the time that i received my text so it seems its all recorded at their end when the texts are sent

    HTH :)
  • johhny7
    johhny7 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    u01jet4 wrote: »
    the only good thing about orange right now is the music they play you while you're on hold!

    He he...luv Leona...Run is awesome :T

    I'm on hold too, or was for a while rather till a rather nice young lady came on the phone. I mentioned that I was due a call back today - but that I've also read on the forums that there's been a recent development in that everyone will now be allowed to cancel if they want to...She straightaway said "No - that's NOT what we've just been told...." :confused:

    She said she'll check with her manager - put me on further hold for about 5mins then eventually said it's just so busy trying to get through to the relevant dept that she'll call me back and leave my file open on her terminal so she'll...be on the case (it's now been 10mins so we'll see....)
  • stefpeo
    stefpeo Posts: 5 Forumite
    I don't know whether to phone now and ask them or just wait for the lady who said she was going to ring me back tomorrow. (i hope!)

    Knowing my luck I won't ring and everything will change again tomorrow lol! This is so stressfull we don't deserve to be treat like this!
  • Urchin_2
    Urchin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    u01jet4 wrote: »
    tried again got told to phone back on weds to ask if there are any updates. also was told that exceeding your minutes for three consecutive months, phoning 0845 and 0870 numbers and using web data were methods of them gauging whether or not you are eligible. load of rubbish! she didn't believe people will have been able to cancel without receving the text and said about all calls being recorded to ensure this, blah! she said as I had told her I hadnt received the text she could lose her job if the call was monitored. she put a note on my account to say I hadnt received the text so don't know if you will manage to cancel quicker if you don't mention the text.

    I was told today everyone was sent the text regardless of whether or not they are eligible! They are just in a mess and obviously don't have a clue what to say to people.

    The woman on the phone with me today got right arsey with me when I said I may need to ring 0845 in future and may get a bigger bill because of it. She told me it would me my fault cos I was negligent cos now I know the price has changed!
  • could i just ask what is the best number to ring to get through to the right department? thank you
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    I'm scared by the person's comment (can't remember who sorry) that orange may just revert back to their original charges and withdraw the change to the T's and C's to avoid all the cancelled contracts. Does anyone know if they may actually change this? Do you think their legal team is running themselves to the ground trying to found some kind of loophole?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.