We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…134135137139140…235

Comments

  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    UPDATE

    I JUST CALLED AGAIN ON THE OFF-CHANGE THAT SOMETHING'S CHANGED AND WAS TOLD THAT THE LEGAL TEAM ARE NOW SAYING EVERYONE CAN CANCEL!!l
  • robot1000 wrote: »
    UPDATE

    I JUST CALLED AGAIN ON THE OFF-CHANGE THAT SOMETHING'S CHANGED AND WAS TOLD THAT THE LEGAL TEAM ARE NOW SAYING EVERYONE CAN CANCEL!!l

    Could you please give a little bit more detail please.
    Ta
    Was this post useful to you? Feel free to click the thanks button--¬ :beer:
  • i hope this is true!
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    robot1000 wrote: »
    UPDATE

    I JUST CALLED AGAIN ON THE OFF-CHANGE THAT SOMETHING'S CHANGED AND WAS TOLD THAT THE LEGAL TEAM ARE NOW SAYING EVERYONE CAN CANCEL!!l
    I was told this afternoon that I would have to write in and complain, but I remembered reading somewhere that there was a meeting with the Legal team this afternoon. So I decided to ring up and ask if there was any change in the stance Orange was taking with this and told them I heard Orange had a meeting with the legal team. They agent went off and returned and said I was right and said that I was now eligible to cancel. I asked him why suddenly the change and he didn't know as he was just relaying what the Manager told him.

    I'm assuming they have realised that the 2003 act overrides anything that they said and won't get away with the conditions (over xx minutes) they had in place
  • woop i just called 0800 0790 134.... got through to someone in orange insurance??? i said what was wrong an explained everything for bout 5 mins... she laughed an said she would put me through to someone who could help me as shes only insurance..... 1 min on hold an she says ill just put you through...
    i didnt even say a word and all i got was " hello mr owens your speaking to darren, what i have done for you is got you disconnected and the disconnectio will go through midnight tommorow is that ok?"

    i almost choked... after bout 6 hrs of fone calls it takes me getting through to the wrong people to get it sorted!!!

    hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This is the e-mail reply i got from BuyMobilePhones.net when i asked if i cancelled with Orange would they let me out of the contract with no penalties.

    Hi Rick,

    Customers that cancel their contract within the first five months from their connection will claw-back on their contract. This essentially means that any commission we would have got from your contract would be lost and as a result we would bill those customers who were to claw-back in order to recover the commission we will lose from them cancelling their contracts.

    Kind Regards,
    Katrina


    I then asked what would be the cost to me?

    Reply

    Hi Rick,

    I have looked into this and the amount to be invoiced should the
    contract be terminated early resulting in us losing our commission would
    be £500.

    Kind Regards,
    Katrina


    So from this i would say i cannot cancel as they have me over a barrel eventhough i could probably cancel with Orange.

    Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
  • I just got the advisor to disconnect me!! He said the disconnection would take place on the 14th September when the new terms and conditions come into effect. It all seemed too easy, has anyone else had this date been given to them or have I just been fobbed off????
  • well i've just tried yet again in light of rob's statement that they are now letting everyone cancel.

    THEY STILL WONT LET ME CANCEL!! :mad:
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    well i've just tried yet again in light of rob's statement that they are now letting everyone cancel.

    THEY STILL WONT LET ME CANCEL!! :mad:
    Get them to speak with the Manager as this the meeting only happened this afternoon and not all the advisors know about it
  • Urchin_2
    Urchin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    well i've just tried yet again in light of rob's statement that they are now letting everyone cancel.

    THEY STILL WONT LET ME CANCEL!! :mad:

    They will have to. I also had confirmation today from a friend who works at Orange. They had a big meeting today and have had to decide to let everyone cancel. Try again
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.