We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Orange Price changes ?
Comments
-
I phoned them again just now and got told that still can't cancel. same old excuses. I told I had been on to Ofcom and that they did not agree with what Orange were doing. However, they did not budge and I just thanked and hung up.
Its rather exasperating when you know your well within your rights but they think that they can just fob you off0 -
Has anyone got the tel number for the Executive Office of Orange. I logged a complaint with ofcom and they said to phone the Executive office on 08000790134, this is the lost phone department and all they did was pass me back to the same people who are refusing to cancel the contract.0
-
Has anyone got the tel number for the Executive Office of Orange. I logged a complaint with ofcom and they said to phone the Executive office on 08000790134, this is the lost phone department and all they did was pass me back to the same people who are refusing to cancel the contract.
that number is correct and that's what seems to be happening now , they just put you back to disconnections who still say no!0 -
hi,
I just tried to call and cancel and was told that as I had not received a text message I could not cancel. I meet the criteria of going over my minutes, calling 0870 numbers and using mobile internet but the guy said I could not cancel as I hadn't received a message saying I would be affected.
I am currently on a dolphin 15 24month plan which I took out in October. He said that not all plans would be affected by the price changes and as such I could not phone them until I know for certain if it will affect me.
Has anyone else on dolphin 15 who took out their contract around October received a text saying they will be affected?
Thanks0 -
Sorry guys such a big thread..........i got a deal through mobiles.co.uk at end of may 09 if i cancel is there a penlaty from orange or mobiles.co.uk ?
Thank you in advance for your replies0 -
andros1963 wrote: »Sorry guys such a big thread..........i got a deal through mobiles.co.uk at end of may 09 if i cancel is there a penlaty from orange or mobiles.co.uk ?
Thank you in advance for your replies
No, ur safe to proceed.0 -
Hi all been looking to get out of my Orange 18 month contract for a while now to get the iphone, mine was due to run out the end of December, however after seeing this thread i looked into the matter, checked my last 4 bills and i've been nowhere near my alloted minutes but i did make on average about four 08 calls for the last 4 months, rang Orange this morning and spoke to a girl called Hayley, told her about the charges she replied that Orange were still cheaper than others, told her i was within my rights to terminate, she then asked if i had redeived the text but my phone is currently off as i work away and told her i won't be able to turn it on until wednesday, she put me on hold while she went to check my account, she came back 5 minutes later and told me that i can cancel and my PAK code will be sent out in 2-3 days, she did not ask for my handset to be returned either, i asked what the criteria was for cancelling but she would not tell me, anyway at least i've got mine cancelled now.0
-
Good thread.
I've been following this whole saga on the Bitter Wallet blog and thought I would come over here to see what the deal was here.
I think that the whole situation has highlighted a REAL problem with Orange's handling of such events and their shabby customer service - there has been some shockingly bad reports across all the sites of how people who are customers are being dealt with.
There's a hashtag on Twitter to use to highlight the problem and connect with other users going through similar - if you use twitter then tweet your experiences using the hashtag #badorange as well as posting on here!
Keep it up folks - Orange are, to my mind, in the wrong here.0 -
As well as receiving confirmation from Ofcom that they have not agreed to these underhand tactics, I have now notified Watchdog and await a reply.0
-
Just recieved this text:
In reply with your call today your contract will disconnect on 11/08/09 due to the new tariff changes you will recieve final bill within 30 days thanks.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards