We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…131132134136137…235

Comments

  • llindsey
    llindsey Posts: 127 Forumite
    did they tell you you you were eligible when you 1st called? Just wondering why they changed their minds?

    No i was ineligible both times I called and had a note put on my file both times.
    when i called up the ceo office i was just really nice to the woman and explained that because i had cancelled my older contract with another provider my bills would be alot higher now, and would be going over my minutes now.
    I didn't need to quote any of the t+c and I think thats whats making them angry tbh.

    The second man i spoke to was very rude and said to me that nobody that has not gone over their minutes has been able to cancel, so i asked him to write that on my account :p
    I'm not sure if that tipped it or not.
  • rj1000
    rj1000 Posts: 32 Forumite
    I've now been holding on the 0800 079 0134 number for half an hour.

    Can anyone beat that?
  • llindsey
    llindsey Posts: 127 Forumite
    rj1000 wrote: »
    I've now been holding on the 0800 079 0134 number for half an hour.

    Can anyone beat that?

    hang up and call back, they dont have a proper q system. i got through in about 30 seconds.
  • Firstly, what a thread this is :) Awesome stuff!!

    I've been after getting out of my contract for months now as Orange's signal and service is just diabolical!

    I've just phoned up to cancel and the women was pretty ok at first until I asked for my PAC. She then went on to say she can't give me the pac until i go on sim only and then after my bill day I can cancel and request my pac.

    Has anyone else heard this as it seemed a bit strange and I just hope she hasn't signed me up for a new contract!

    cheers
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    I'm staying neutral on this whole thing, I would say that on one side I can see Orange not being consistent which will cause issues, but on the other hand I can see people on this very thread cancelling with glee and getting a new Orange contract the next day.

    However,

    GC 9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:

    I'd guess that it's only likely to be a material detriment if the customer has incurred the recently-increased charges in the last 3 months. Under this GC I don't think Orange even has to allow a cancellation, but then I'm not OFCOM's lawyers :)

    Best of luck,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I have 3 phones on orange and called them this morning and was able to cancel all of the contracts with no trouble. My pac codes are in the post.

    What i am wondering is if i cant find a better deal anywhere else is is worth trying to negotiate with orange for a deal or will they not be interested if my pac codes are on the way???
    Marrying the man of my dreams
    30th November 2012 :j
    Little Stig due
    22nd February 2012 :D
    2012 is going to be an awesome year!!!
  • Is there a specific date where the new orange terms have been included in the contract? Many people have signed up recently and are asking if they are eligible.
  • GC 9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:

    I'd guess that it's only likely to be a material detriment if the customer has incurred the recently-increased charges in the last 3 months. Under this GC I don't think Orange even has to allow a cancellation, but then I'm not OFCOM's lawyers :)

    Best of luck,[/QUOTE]

    If Orange didn't have to allow a cancelation I really don't think they would be doing it would they?
    and all this in the last 3 months nonsense, doesn't wash, my circumstances could change anytime and I may have the need to call numbers not included in my minutes, surely I should have the right to cancel within 30 days of being notified of the change if I so wish?
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    ...all this in the last 3 months nonsense, doesn't wash, my circumstances could change anytime and I may have the need to call numbers not included in my minutes, surely I should have the right to cancel within 30 days of being notified of the change if I so wish?

    Unfortunately as with most things it will end up coming down to interpretation of codes, laws etc - and if the above is the General Condition that applies here then I'd say OFCOM are unlikely to agree that everyone can cancel, only those likely affected, and I think Orange's method of determining this (the 3 month rule) is probably good enough.

    But that's just my interpretation, put up for debate - like I said it will be interesting to see what happens next.

    Regards,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.