We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…128129131133134…235

Comments

  • So, the likes of me who asked for PAC code on Saturday will still be okay?
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Those that are already agreed are fine
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,348 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Isn't it all getting really confusing now.

    I've rang Ofcom, got my reference number, range CEO, and got my letter ready to post Recorded.

    As I see it, they cancel some contracts that don't fit the criteria and might only be a few weeks/months into contract, or haven't exceeded usage etc and then don't cancel the ones that do fall within the criteria.

    Couldn't Orange just admit that they've made a big mistake here and agree to cancel everyone who requests cancellation?

    Or is that too simple? lol

    Sal
    x
  • marty1888
    marty1888 Posts: 469 Forumite
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Isn't it all getting really confusing now.

    I've rang Ofcom, got my reference number, range CEO, and got my letter ready to post Recorded.

    As I see it, they cancel some contracts that don't fit the criteria and might only be a few weeks/months into contract, or haven't exceeded usage etc and then don't cancel the ones that do fall within the criteria.

    Couldn't Orange just admit that they've made a big mistake here and agree to cancel everyone who requests cancellation?

    Or is that too simple? lol

    Sal
    x

    Orange must be absolutely freaking out. They are losing millions in revenue through cancellation so are now playing hardball to retain customers by refusing cancellations.
    From reading on here though some of the attitudes from the Customer Services team may come back to bite them once peoples contracts are actually up as they may well walk away from Orange on the back of poor customer service and in some cases rightly so.
  • rj1000
    rj1000 Posts: 32 Forumite
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Isn't it all getting really confusing now.

    I've rang Ofcom, got my reference number, range CEO, and got my letter ready to post Recorded.

    As I see it, they cancel some contracts that don't fit the criteria and might only be a few weeks/months into contract, or haven't exceeded usage etc and then don't cancel the ones that do fall within the criteria.

    Couldn't Orange just admit that they've made a big mistake here and agree to cancel everyone who requests cancellation?

    Or is that too simple? lol

    Sal
    x

    That would be nice wouldn't it!

    I can only see Orange fighting this one to the death. It's cheaper to retain an existing customer than to get a new one and if they allowed everyone to cancel it will likely have a massive impact on their figures.

    Even if Orange win the battle though, i'd be surprised to see many people stay with them when their contract expires after this debacle.
  • WelshBluebird
    WelshBluebird Posts: 388 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2009 at 1:35PM
    If oranges people are in another meeting, then I can only think its they are going to change their tune again. Considering by not allowing people to cancel, they are breaking the law, it does make sense that they will start letting people cancel, even if orange have deemed them "not eligible".
  • Ilovethiswebsite
    Ilovethiswebsite Posts: 63 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    edited 10 August 2009 at 1:35PM
    Hi everyone!

    Just to let you all know that my cancellation has now gone through! ( I called up on saturday. Today my sim is no longer active!)

    Thanks again everyone and good luck to others wishing to cancel. :beer:

    p.s. I have to say credit to Orange and the representative who dealt with my call. Friendly, professional and very helpful given that he had probably dealt with hundreds of angry customers! :rolleyes:
  • I have also just called Orange and have been told i'm not elligible as I haven't gone over my minutes. My Boyfriend managed to cancel on Saturday with no trouble but he does go over his minutes. He is now with o2 so if they won't let me cancel, my phone bill will end up a fortune!! :(

    I've registered with Ofcom so will write a letter now and see what happens I guess.

    Does it matter that I have not yet received a text, when i spoke to Orange I just said it came through recently, the woman never queried this.
    Debts at LBM £6000 Debts now £1000
    Debt free 2011
    Almost there :D
    Sealed Pot 09 member 380
  • Doobdonk
    Doobdonk Posts: 68 Forumite
    I got nowhere with the calls other than directed to ofcom, so was given the address to write to the compliance team.

    I promptly wrote a letter, printed ready to post (postal strike today) but i also emailed it word for word to the CEO office.

    They have since rung me, asking if they could phone, email and write to me their response once the legal team has evaluated the case.

    Incidentally i have never exceeded my minutes and am 5 months into a 24 month contract.

    I was impressed they called within 2 hours of receipt, and the CEO dept are much more friendly than retentions.
  • just had lunch with a friend who is experiencing the same problem with Orange, she went into phones 4 u today, told them she had 5 months left in her current contract. She left the shop with a shiny new phone a new 02 contract and they gave her £125 to pay for buying out her contract!!!
    So up yours Orange!!! I'm considering doing the same except I'm too stuborn and now because of how they have treated me and others I don't want to give them any money!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.