We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…126127129131132…235

Comments

  • I have just spoke to ofcom as many have but they tell me that you only have the right to cancel if you have gone over by 10% by using these numbers?!?!
  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    I have just spoke to ofcom as many have but they tell me that you only have the right to cancel if you have gone over by 10% by using these numbers?!?!

    Call back and speak to somebody who knows what they are doing.
  • Quila
    Quila Posts: 48 Forumite
    Finally got through, going to receive a call back at some point today.
    Just got the usual answer:
    "You haven't used your phone enough in this way"
    Threw all my reasoning at them, all my legal points, all my T&C quotes...NOTHING!!!


    Help?! :(
  • Quila
    Quila Posts: 48 Forumite
    Ahh, I see your point about Otelo now, thanks alot. Consumer Direct put me through, I just went with it , haha.
    Really want to know what Ofcom are going to do about all this. Got my reference number and everything now anyway, so it's all good.
    Think I might call again and just throw a few more legal bits and bobs in there. It can't hurt. I know I'm well within my rights to terminate this contract.
  • Long story short:
    Called customer services 5 times, no joy. Called Ofcom, called the number they gave no joy. Kept saying that the 3 months previous I hadnt exceeded/called 08 numbers. I explained that as of Oct when I go back to Uni we have no landline so may be going over and I didnt agree to the terms. Was going round in circles and he was having none of it.

    Is writing the next step or keep trying on the phone? My account will certainly have been labelled not eligible by now!
  • gh1990
    gh1990 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I have just spoken to Ofcom about Orange. Was given a reference number and told to put my complaint in writing stating the reference number and to say it was a complaint as per the code of practice to avoid them dismissing it as a customer care letter. I was told to keep a copy of the letter and to date it. If i have no response in 8 weeks or the response from Orange is unsatisfactory then you take the matter up with CISAS.
  • I just phoned up spoke to a very helpful woman who said in 3-5 days I will have my PAC code and that my contract was cancelled (obviously on the use of the PAC code).

    I told her that I received a text message explaining changes to T&Cs and that I would like to know if I was eligible to cancel as I use my mobile for 08** numbers and did not accept the new terms.

    She straight away told me I was eligible and that was that. PAC code in the post.

    Thanks for all the tips on this website and also from the bitter wallet, I expected a bit of a battle but was lucky enough to speak to someone that knew what she was talking about.

    Marcus
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    MarcusV wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips on this website and also from the bitter wallet, I expected a bit of a battle but was lucky enough to speak to someone that knew what she was talking about.

    Marcus

    Just to qualify this, it's likely that you're eligible under their own policy and others on this thread aren't, so it's not necessarily a matter of "someone who knows what they're talking about" but could just be down to individual circumstances.

    Regards,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Just to qualify this, it's likely that you're eligible under their own policy and others on this thread aren't, so it's not necessarily a matter of "someone who knows what they're talking about" but could just be down to individual circumstances.

    Regards,

    I'm not doubting that, as I obviously apply to their policy due to my phone usage, but was just thanking people on this website as I had no idea about any terms and conditions.

    Cheers
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    OK,

    just phoned up and the guy I spoke to said I have to wait till I receive the text in the next 7-10 days until they can assess whether or not I am eligible (I know I most definitely am!). What can I do sooner as I upped my minutes last month and have already run out so don't fancy waiting another 10 days to sort it out. Should I just keep calling? He said Orange Legal team have told them customers must wait until they have received the text message.

    Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.