We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…127128130132133…235

Comments

  • Quila wrote: »
    Finally got through, going to receive a call back at some point today.
    Just got the usual answer:
    "You haven't used your phone enough in this way"
    Threw all my reasoning at them, all my legal points, all my T&C quotes...NOTHING!!!


    Help?! :(


    don't hold your breath for a call back, I was told the same on Saturday morning and I'm still waiting...
  • u01jet4

    when I called them I told them "I got the message with the new T&C's saying that I am elegible" (I made that up as I deleted the message without properly reading it) and he said that on the sms did not say anything about being elegible, the sms is just to let people know the changes. Did go nowhere with that person.

    Second we nearly killed each other over the phone :S was a bit stressfull..

    The third guy, told me if I wanted more minutes, I just said no thank you, I don't agree with the new terms and he said ok, you will disconected tomorrow.

    You are more than elegible. I spoke to OFcom as well this morning and they told me the same, as they are changing their T&C's you are within your rights to cancel the contract, no if, no buts.

    Is a matter of luck, I got third time lucky. Patience and good luck!!
  • The call centres are following orders, don't matter if those are right or not. Although you know about the change, technically Orange haven't "informed" you yet in the precise way their legal team says they must. We can argue that the text doesn't matter now the new prices are on the Orange website, but the call centre absolutely will not deal with you until they see you've been sent the text, or until Orange's lawyers tell them to change policy. At least you know it's coming, and when it arrives you'll be able to act on it.
    u01jet4 wrote: »
    He said Orange Legal team have told them customers must wait until they have received the text message.
  • u01jet4
    u01jet4 Posts: 338 Forumite
    CassieL yes I think you are right. I don't have the brains to be confident contacting ofcom etc so I guess I'll just sit tight for 10 days and then be on at them then if the text hasn't come. will just have to make good use of my unlimited texts and curb my calling!

    thanks.
  • Called back again for about the 6th time, made sure my account said I dont accept changes. Gonna have to send the complaint in writing, getting nowhere on the phones, quoting t+c's and uk law directive!
    Cheeky bloo dy orange just sent a text to evaluate their customer services.
  • I just phoned orange there the now explained i wanted to cancel due to t&c's and they done it for me straight away without any questions.
  • I know it's been mentioned previously but please make sure that if you are sending a letter that you do keep a copy and send it recorded delivery. I never received a response and they said they didn't receive it, which may be true, but then they have a link on their website about what to do if you don't receive a response...which makes me think a lot of letters 'go missing'! Again - good lucky everyone :)
  • ...or good luck!
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    UPDATE
    Orange's Legal Team are being called back into a Meeting today, so all disconnections will be held for 24 Hours, that havent already been agreed.
    This to indicates Orange realise they have made a big Error, as again, UK LAW STATES THEY ARE WRONG.
  • CassieL
    CassieL Posts: 9 Forumite
    It's incredibly easy (if you can get through.. Ofcom are busy today! Wonder why :D ) - far nicer than talking to Orange! The person I spoke to was really helpful and explained all about the procedure, who CISAC are, and so on.

    They'll take your name and address, a brief outline of the problem (you don't agree to a change in contract terms, but Orange won't let you "not agree") and give you a reference number, which you then pass to Orange who say they'll call us all back in 48 hours.

    In your case I'd still wait for the text, as the month-long stopwatch for cancelling begins when the text arrives. If you've made enough 08x calls on your last 3 bills Orange will cancel you without a fight, it's only those of us who haven't made enough calls that have to use the Ofcom route. Hopefully by the time your text arrives, Orange's lawyers will have seen sense and the call centres will be processing everyone without making it harder than knitting soup!
    u01jet4 wrote: »
    CassieL yes I think you are right. I don't have the brains to be confident contacting ofcom etc .
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.