We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…125126128130131…235

Comments

  • just got throught to a lovely representative!!!!!! its done!!!!!!! its done!!!! from tomorrow!!!! will let you know if I get any problems or doesn't get disconected!!! straight to 02 now on simplicity for £10!!! :beer:
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I have spoke with OFCOM and CEO office at Orange today, And both confirmed We are within our right to Cancel, and need to go through to Orange Retentions and if they Refuse to Cancel then ask them to esculate, Take the name of the people you speak to and if they are not helpful and do what is requested you will go back through to the CEO OFFICE and make them aware the have not dont what you are Legally entitled too.

    THEIR OWN CEO OFFICE HAVE CONFIRMED UNDER THE COMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 2003 you are able to cancel without penalty.

    08000790134 CEO OFFICE
  • I have just tried to cancel but they say I don't go over my minutes ever and I haven't made any calls to 0845 numbers in the last 3 months.
    The queue til I got to speak to someone was 15 minutes.
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Just make them aware under the communication act 2003 it doesnt matter if you have gone over or not, If you do not agree to the new terms you are legally within your right to cancel
  • Some people (including me!!) are being told that clause 15 of the Orange contract allows then to vary prices, and that's why even OFCOM can't make them take your cancellation request.

    Firstly, nothing in the contract can countermand OFCOM's guidelines, as those are fixed in law. Contracts cannot be illegal, end of story.

    Secondly, take a look at the text of c15:
    15 changes to your Contract
    we reserve the right to make changes to your Contract
    15.1 {snip..} We do, however, reserve the right to vary the terms of this Contract from time to time and to make changes to your Service Plan. We acknowledge that if we do increase the Charges, withdraw Orange Additional Services or introduce new mandatory Charges - or if your contractual rights are affected to your detriment - you may terminate your Contract in accordance with Condition 4.3. If you do not give notice within one month of our notifying you of any change(s), you will be taken to have accepted the change(s).
    The critical word is that 'or' and the position of the two hyphens - increasing the charges counts in isolation, there does not have to be any detriment.


    To include detriment in each of the four events, the second hyphen would need to be between "affected" and "to", not between "detriment" and "you". Clause 15 therefore agrees with OFCOM, so they can't use it as an excuse (even though they seem to be trying to).


    I insisted they added a note to the account saying I formally refused the change and what my OFCOM reference was (to comply with the last sentence in clause 15), so if the letter takes longer than a month to be dealt with they can't impose the changes automatically or claim I've accepted them.




    You need to give Orange notice that you don't accept the new terms. OFCOM's advice aside, if you just sit there, Orange could argue that you accepted the change. Phone up, get them to put a note on the account, and if you're worried phone back and make sure it's there.
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Great point everyone from the above message, if you are concerned they havent added the note before speaking to the rep take a name and ext number, then call the CEO office number on my message above and check that person done what was formally requested.
  • Quila
    Quila Posts: 48 Forumite
    Have now been on hold to this Orange executive department for FORTY-FIVE-BLASTING-MINUTES!!!!

    It's a disgrace.
    I've been quoting legal, T&C etc until I'm fit to burst this morning.
    Spoke to consumer direct aswell who were very very helpful, and sent me in the general direction of an organisation called oTELo. Google them, they've been pretty helpful so far, but OFCOM can physically do more for us as a majority.

    It's just getting beyond a joke now, they're going to end up getting themselves in a pickle!
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Orange Exec is a very small department used to handling high-level escalations; their number is everywhere on this thread and as Orange have started using their official policy strictly (which is what I was trying to get across last week) I guess they're getting way more calls than normal, so I'd be patient.

    They're a good bunch, but there's not very many of them.

    Regards,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hang up and call again - I know everyone will say "no - you're in a queue" but their systems are different. I was on hold for 50 mins this morning, redialled, connected instantly and asked where the big queue went - he said it didn't work like that for their office, it was kinda randomly allocated as they're not in the call centre.

    Otelo don't figure in this - CISAS are the adjudicator for Orange, they're next in the complaint chain. If you look on Otelo's membership page, Orange aren't listed.
    Quila wrote: »
    Have now been on hold to this Orange executive department for FORTY-FIVE-BLASTING-MINUTES!!!!

    It's a disgrace.
    I've been quoting legal, T&C etc until I'm fit to burst this morning.
    Spoke to consumer direct aswell who were very very helpful, and sent me in the general direction of an organisation called oTELo. Google them, they've been pretty helpful so far, but OFCOM can physically do more for us as a majority.

    It's just getting beyond a joke now, they're going to end up getting themselves in a pickle!
  • Just called Orange CEO department and said that I wanted to give NOTICE that I do not agree to T&C and to make a note of it on my account.

    The guy I spoke to was very friendly and polite and said that he and all his colleagues had received similar calls all morning since 9 a.m. and that they are waiting for a reply from Ofcom as to what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.