We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…122123125127128…235

Comments

  • TBG
    TBG Posts: 26 Forumite
    A bit of advice if possible as I don't have much time at the moment to read everything on here.

    1) I have been an Orange customer for about 34 months and I recently renewed my contract, on saturday and the phone is arriving tuesday, will these changes affect me and is there anything I can do about it.

    2) My OH on saturday also signed up to Orange on a new 18 month contract via dialaphone or similar on the net, will this apply to her and was it in the terms of the new contract and we were just sloppy not to read it correctly or should we try and cancel that one too?

    Cheers
  • result!!!! my sim is now inactive :j

    just need to wait now on ofcom's advice on my other contract
  • I just wanted to say a big thank you to the OP of this thread and also the OP of a thread started on the grabbit board.
    I wouldn't have had a clue about this if it wasn't for them.
    forums like this are invaluable and it's great that thoughtful people like them take time out to let others know about things like this.
    Thank you so much, you've made my day

    xxxx:beer:
  • The good people on 'Bitter Wallet' have updated an article mentioning that they will pursue this matter today.

    http://www.bitterwallet.com/orange-the-latest-gravy-in-the-battle-for-contract-cancellations/16465
  • bethw22
    bethw22 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I put this in a previous quote but lots of people have written. The only change to the charges is relevant if calls are under a minute. Any calls made over your limit/to answer phone/08** numbers dont change charges if its over a minute. Its when the call is under a minute that the price would go up. I tried to use this argument as i cant use the going over my minutes argument whether its relevant or not, and they actually checked my account and told me in the 11 times over 3 months i had rang these numbers, none were under a minute so i have nothing to worry about.
    I really dont know whether to try again and im still so angry that lots of people have been able to cancel and i havent. And yet it may possibly effect me, i dont just want a new phone :(
    xx
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    result!!!! my sim is now inactive :j

    just need to wait now on ofcom's advice on my other contract

    Happy for you glad yours got done also..

    same waiting on the other, got a new contract and phone coming today, so hope im not long waiting for that
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I've just spoken to Ofcom who have informed me that they haven't agreed to anything Orange have done and have now logged the complaint and provided me with a reference number. They also provided me the phone number of Orange Head office in regards to the complaint

    So it seems like Orange have lied to us regarding Ofcom on this issue
  • splicecom
    splicecom Posts: 293 Forumite
    100 Posts
    bethw22 wrote: »
    I put this in a previous quote but lots of people have written. The only change to the charges is relevant if calls are under a minute. Any calls made over your limit/to answer phone/08** numbers dont change charges if its over a minute. Its when the call is under a minute that the price would go up. I tried to use this argument as i cant use the going over my minutes argument whether its relevant or not, and they actually checked my account and told me in the 11 times over 3 months i had rang these numbers, none were under a minute so i have nothing to worry about.
    I really dont know whether to try again and im still so angry that lots of people have been able to cancel and i havent. And yet it may possibly effect me, i dont just want a new phone :(
    xx


    Exactly the same happened with me. I spoke to a smarmy older man and he was not helpful at all. I know they have a job to do but dont think he had ever heard of customer service!

    I am on dolphin 600 mins unlimited texts and because I dont go over my minutes they wont let me cancel. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GO OVER MY MINS NEXT MONTH????

    Anyone got any ideas how I can get round this???

    Thanks in advance
    TOTAL DEBTS

    NONE!!!!!
  • robot1000
    robot1000 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 10 August 2009 at 10:02AM
    splicecom wrote: »
    Exactly the same happened with me. I spoke to a smarmy older man and he was not helpful at all. I know they have a job to do but dont think he had ever heard of customer service!

    I am on dolphin 600 mins unlimited texts and because I dont go over my minutes they wont let me cancel. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GO OVER MY MINS NEXT MONTH????

    Anyone got any ideas how I can get round this???

    Thanks in advance
    Speak to Ofcom and log a complaint

    0207 981 3040
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    Robot this official then ?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.