We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…119120122124125…235

Comments

  • this is a complete joke. friday i was told i could cancel. i said i would think bout the offer of a discounted contract but would ringback. the helpful guy said he wud put a note on my account to say i wud be calling back to cancel or take a £10 a month reduction. i asked for his name an stuff an he said dont worry whoever brings up your account will see the note. i called today to cancel as i found a new fone and deal only to be told that i couldnt cancel, there was no note an even worse... i hadnt been in touch with orange customer services for over 3 months!!!!
    i was polite at first and when the girl i was speaking to didnt accept all the legal stuff i was saying i asked to be put through to a manager. the bloke that answered imeadiatly started spouting off about it not affecting me due to my past usage. as soon as i disagreed with him he said he was terminating the call.

    i tried calling back a few times to speak to other people but got nowhere as my acount had been "noted"

    i just think its a joke as all the people at orange know that customers have had there contracts cancelled over this yet there now treating other customers differently. even if ofcom find that orange didnt have to cancel contracts they have because of all this.. and on that grounds anyone affected should be allowed to cancel if they wish.

    at first i just wanted to cancel to save some money an get a new phone.
    now its coz they have wound me up an treated me like rubbish...
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Don't you think the bigwigs at Orange would have realised this would happen.
    They could have made it much easier by making the new charges apply to new customers/upgrades etc.
    Wouldn't have been half as much fun though, I'm just waiting for my text:D
  • SammyS1987
    SammyS1987 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yea I know im so mad, all we can do is wait until tommorow and come back on here and the bitter site tommorow for updates.

    My thoughts exactly. I hope Ofcom intervene and I can just call up and cancel tomorrow. Really can't be arsed with writing letters!
  • Email Sent x2

    Done times 3!

    :)

    power to the people!
  • hazelwoods
    hazelwoods Posts: 276 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have been with Vodafone for several years. They seem to have the best service in my area.

    I'd looked at new phones and decided I liked the Nokia 5800. On 28th June I was persuaded that a Nokia 5800 on Orange was the best deal for me, as it included Comes With Music. I pointed out that I was concerned about new network as I need to be able to receive a signal at work and that could be anywhere within the county. I was assured it would be fine. As I work in many schools I don't return until 17th August so can't check it out till then.

    After a few days I returned to store to say that there were many places I don't get a signal, even sitting at home sometimes. After much fiddling and trying different ways of improving the signal I was given a new phone on 27th July.

    I'm still not happy with the signal I receive. Far too many times I discover there is no signal. Goodness knows what'll happen when I'm back at work next week.

    I've just read elsewhere on MSE about Orange contracts. This would be the ideal excuse to get out of the contract and return to Vodafone. I didn't port my number over as I wasn't sure about the Orange signal.

    Tomorrow morning I will be phoning the 0844 number that I sometimes have to use (my doctor). It will be an expensive call as we are charged even to be told the system is very busy and call back later.

    Would I be better to go back to where I bought the phone, or to phone Orange direct? I don't know if I got the text. It may have been on the original phone, or I may have deleted it without reading properly.

    TIA
  • After trying on numerous occasions over the past 2 weeks to cancel my wifes contract I have given up. She didn't recieve the text, but numerous orange reps have told me that the price change is effecting her but that she cant cancel because the orange legal team says she is not elligible. Took the contract out at the start of July and had a 1st bill date on the 08 July 09. I used every argument online and got no where, anyone of you trustworthy argumentative people want to have a go as a challenge?
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    Really annoyed it's now 6:51 on monday, and my phone has still not been disoconnected, i assumed it wold be immidiate but still nothing..

    are Orange just messing me around
  • A-Trice wrote: »
    Really annoyed it's now 6:51 on monday, and my phone has still not been disoconnected, i assumed it wold be immidiate but still nothing..

    are Orange just messing me around

    Did you specify an immediate disconnection? I thought they disconnect after 30days.
  • A-Trice
    A-Trice Posts: 51 Forumite
    Yeah i did, and i was told on two occasions it would be this weekend..

    why is nothing ever clear cut and simple.

    and if they turn around to me and say they reviewed it or something and it can't be cancelled after saying it would be, then i'll just be cancelling the direct debit and they can do what they like

    Anyone told they'd be disconnected sunday at midnight and not been disconnected yet ? or been disconnected
  • kernal_2
    kernal_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    They cannot disconnect over a weekend, mine was cancelled Saturday, and was said it would be disconnected as of Midnight Monday.

    EVERYONE EMAIL BBC WATCH DOG, No one give up, thats what they are hoping
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.