Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Options

Comments

• sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thats a bit unfair and only your experience/opinion, whilst valuable i'm sure it's not very reasonable to tell all people not to use them just because of a couple of dodgy spam looking posts. I use them for my business and only ever had a couple of minor issues, which have been sorted by the cust services quickly enough. The low prices make up for the odd mistake which is rare from my experience as i use them on a twice weekly basis at least. No i'm not a spammer :D neither do i work for hermes. Just would rather they weren't out of business as i rather like getting my parcels collected than having to go to the PO. ;)
    RM tend to cause my more grief with missing parcels at least they are tracked with hermes.

That's your view and I accept that, but personally, I advise anyone considering using them to avoid them - Nothing against your view at all ;)
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    I think sassy-one has a problem with Sadie Hermes courier rather than the service from Hermes.

sassy/snow closed down/edited their posts when comments were made regarding asking for £5 off £10 collection, poor seller had a neg.
  • jafsie
    jafsie Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    kiz69 wrote: »
    y get something del 2 home if u r at work and y order a b4 1 or an after1 if your not goin 2be at home if ru at work get it del 2there not your home :mad::mad: and if u order an b4 or after be in if u will not get it or when u ask us 2lev it with a ngh tell them 2b in or u be in :eek::T

Could you please translate into English:(
  • idlecat
    Options
    Thats a bit unfair and only your experience/opinion, whilst valuable i'm sure it's not very reasonable to tell all people not to use them just because of a couple of dodgy spam looking posts. I use them for my business and only ever had a couple of minor issues, which have been sorted by the cust services quickly enough. The low prices make up for the odd mistake which is rare from my experience as i use them on a twice weekly basis at least. No i'm not a spammer :D neither do i work for hermes. Just would rather they weren't out of business as i rather like getting my parcels collected than having to go to the PO. ;)
    RM tend to cause my more grief with missing parcels at least they are tracked with hermes.
    Absolutely! I have recommended them to many many people and I have yet to hear poor feedback from them. maybe they're just more efficient in Essex ( now that makes a change)
    I had put their efficiency and good customer care down to the fact that they are a German company however I did think it funny last week when they were unable to adjust their clocks.:rotfl:
  • kellyvee
    Options
    I have dealt with couriers for many years now and have found that all vary from area to area...driver to driver.
    I must say that I have used MYHERMES for several months now and have found them to be great.
    My local pick up and delivery guy is lovely, always calls at a decent time and my parcels have always been delivered on time aswell.
  • carrieparkinson
    Options
    i cant sing myhermes praises enough. :j
    does my bum look big in this sig?
  • TUS
    TUS Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Ive used Hermes lots of times and they are fine IMO. You get what you pay for in terms of delivery times - but I've never had to complain about a lost/late/damaged parcel and our collection/delivery guy is a really nice guy. Has even been collecting in the thick of the snow here in Newcastle when Royal Mail havent been delivering and the council havent been collecting our bins.
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Uzume wrote
    I have now used Hermes for 2 parcels. I used to use parcels2go but Hermes were so much cheaper. I've only used it to return parcels to a retail company so far (THAT'S what is annoying, Yours clothing don't do free returns!!) but so far, first parcel was picked up on the right day, I had to go out so left a note on the door and they collected from my neighbour, and it has been delivered within the 3-5 day guide time.

Second parcel is en route and was collected with no problem. I'm tracking it online and so far so good.

So far, I have no complaints and they have done everything they said they would for £2 less than any other company could offer.

I can only think that the problems are because the couriers are self employed. This means, whilst the company has no responsibility for the employee financially (tax deductions, holiday pay, sick pay etc), they are also not able to have the same quality control as a company who employs people. As a customer, this offers a form of Russian Roulette parcel delivery whereby one is merely at the mercy of the individual and it seems some are doing an excellent job whereas others are going the more "cowboy" route.

Should be that way Uzume, but unfortunately not, Hermes would like to have the same control and try to force the self employed without the benefits, to perform as if employed, still without the benefits,

For anyone interested Newsnight@10.30pm Friday 3rd Dec, couriers treated badly by Hermes. This should have been shown Wed 1st Dec but was put back. The reason, Hermes want to find a happy courier, best of luck Hermes, Do you still believe in Father Xmas?
  • Stepmum_2
    Options
    I've used Hermes several times and never had any problems. Same with Parcel2go.
    Let's hope I don't speak too soon by posting this, as one is in transit as I type!
  • aguirre
    Options
    Esoog wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the couriers get paid for working for myhermes? My girlfriend had a delivery scheduled (by her at point of sale) for wednesday because she had a day, however she was off work on tuesday as not feeling well..about lunchtime she hears a noise at the door and finds the myhermes woman putting a card through the door. When she opened it she said the woman gave her a funny look and said "I wasn't expecting you to be in, this isn't due to be delivered until tomorrow but we try to get them delivered the day they come in"

?! Do they get extra money for a unable to deliver and then redelivery or something? Why would you try to deliver on a totally different day to the one requested?! I ordered something yesterday and have chosen next saturday for deliv because I'm at work all week like most people - if they try to deliver before then I won't be impressed.

Does sound suspiciously like there might be a fuel or mileage claim advantage to a courier, which translates into a disadvantage to the customer. This would indicate pith poor management.

Have just used these guys for the first time and am very nervous, as the collection yesterday began with the machine not being able to read, then there were only two parcels on his inventory to collect, when all three were paid for on the same invoice at the same time. When he phoned the office, the advice they gave didn't work as the system in his barcode reader would not activate on head office instructions! Oh dear! I have made a huge effort, despite delays by another delivery to me of packaging material I needed, to get some presents off to kids throughout the country. It looks like my efforts were in vain. I sent a request to find out what's happening to the parcels, which he took without scanning, but got some cockamamy tripe excuse:

'Dear MyHermes Customer

We want to apologise for the potential delays you may be be experiencing when trying to contact our Customer Service team. We would like to say sorry.

Our couriers have been working exceptionally hard over the weekend, however...' etc.

from them. I have a bad feeling about this, especially in light of what I see on this thread. I hope to be able to report back that I was wrong, but somehow I think not.
    There goes my 100% reputation as an Amazon seller I fear. As I say, I hope to report back in five day's time. i.e. the 22nd December, that I was wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure