Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• rancid-a
    rancid-a Posts: 393 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 June 2009 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Hi guys
    I had been with MAAF for 3+ years (their great £30 option, with no probs) but decided to cancel & migrate to BT in April. I was having new computer/internet problems and MAAF were no help so I booked a BT engineer to sort it all out for me :) I had written to MAAF to cancel as I don't hear too good on the phone & you can't cancel via their 'ticket' method) I also did the right thing and gave 4 weeks notice. They responded via tickets - sent me my MAC code etc...but since then I've been getting other tickets which say things like...

'Payment is still pending. Once taken please action a refund'.

'We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 28412491 ] has now been returned to the CSC - Billing pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible'

Also two letters in the post about missed payments, the last one threatening me with a debt agency :( I never cancelled my direct debit to them with the bank, I don't understand why I would owe them money - including a £20 cancellation fee, their website mentions the fee for those that DON'T migrate to other ISPs.

God I'm so stressed over it :(
    Sealed Pot Challenge 15  #78

Debt Free: July 2022.
  • giz2
    giz2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    rancid-a wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I had been with MAAF for 3+ years (their great £30 option, with no probs) but decided to cancel & migrate to BT in April. I was having new computer/internet problems and MAAF were no help so I booked a BT engineer to sort it all out for me :) I had written to MAAF to cancel as I don't hear too good on the phone & you can't cancel via their 'ticket' method) I also did the right thing and gave 4 weeks notice. They responded via tickets - sent me my MAC code etc...but since then I've been getting other tickets which say things like...

'Payment is still pending. Once taken please action a refund'.

'We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 28412491 ] has now been returned to the CSC - Billing pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible'

Also two letters in the post about missed payments, the last one threatening me with a debt agency :( I never cancelled my direct debit to them with the bank, I don't understand why I would owe them money - including a £20 cancellation fee, their website mentions the fee for those that DON'T migrate to other ISPs.

God I'm so stressed over it :(

I'm interested in your experience with madasafish (I too was with them 3+ years). Just today I had a similar experience. My contract finished in May but I continued with them and paid up to 27 June 2009. I gave my termination notice on 11 June 2009.

I got this response:
    "- Subscription charge covering period between
    next invoice and 30 days notice from cancellation request (18 days).: 15.27
    - Madasafish Max Plus Broadband (Cancellation): 25.44
    [some blah...]
    Total outstanding fees: 40.71"

I made a call to them and they explained that the cancellation fee should not have been there and very quickly said it was now removed.

In addition to this the terms and conditions say 28 days notice (not 30 as they state in my termination ticket). Even at that they did not calculate the notice period correctly and over charged me (should have been 12 days).

This was the updated ticket after my complaint:

"Customer called and was disputing cancellation fees. I have agreed that this was incorrect. Customer had given notice on 11/06. I have calculated charges. Customer only owes £10.17. I have allocated the relevant credit so that customer is only billed for £10.17 for his subscription."

I'm very angry about this; not because of the amounts involved but it raises a question as to whether this was a once-off mistake or not and whether the full charge of 40.71 would have went through if i had not made that call.

PS. Don't stress yourself over it!

Regards
    Gavin
  • c18drm
    c18drm Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to be moving house at the end of July and will be looking to cancel my MAAF contract. I took it out on 11/8/08, and I'm planning to cancel at the minimum 12-month contract period.

Basically I'm trying to pre-empt any problems I may have cancelling. Has anyone had any experience of this?
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Question to anyone that has moved to Plusnet....

Have you noticed your getting throttled on Peer 2 Peer sites?
  • Reubo
    Reubo Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I have just had my bill for my broadband which was £17 ish for 50GB for the last 12 months....They have now sent me a bill for £29ish without giving me any notice me that there was going to be an increase in the price.
    How do I stand legallly?
    Should I change to another supplier?
    Who offers a really good deal these days?
    I have tried calling but get no answer and had no answer to my e-mail yet.

Any advice appreciated
  • scotlad1980
    scotlad1980 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Apart from speed issues I have just had a great renewal deal from MAAF.

I got a new router 20GB broadband and phone for £23.00pm, used to pay £35.20pm so great deal and I don't go over 20GB in any month.
  • donglefan
    donglefan Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there still a MAAF rep posting here?

I noticed this month my bill was increased from £19 to £29, raised a ticket to query it and they said it was because the contract had ended - no notice of this at all.
    So I offered to take out another year if they would keep the price at £19, which they will do, but they won't go back on the one month at £29.
    Seems like I'm being ripped for a tenner, and if they do that to all customers without notice, it no doubt adds up nicely.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    donglefan wrote: »
    Is there still a MAAF rep posting here?

Unfortunately, no, Samara departed ages ago. Even the Plusnet reps who supposedly took her place deserted.
  • donglefan
    donglefan Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you.

I called them and requested my MAC, retentions offered me the tenner refund so I stayed.
    This was outright refused by internet cs, so worth a call.
  • scotlad1980
    scotlad1980 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    giz2 wrote: »
    I'm interested in your experience with madasafish (I too was with them 3+ years). Just today I had a similar experience. My contract finished in May but I continued with them and paid up to 27 June 2009. I gave my termination notice on 11 June 2009.

I got this response:
    "- Subscription charge covering period between
    next invoice and 30 days notice from cancellation request (18 days).: 15.27
    - Madasafish Max Plus Broadband (Cancellation): 25.44
    [some blah...]
    Total outstanding fees: 40.71"

I made a call to them and they explained that the cancellation fee should not have been there and very quickly said it was now removed.

In addition to this the terms and conditions say 28 days notice (not 30 as they state in my termination ticket). Even at that they did not calculate the notice period correctly and over charged me (should have been 12 days).

This was the updated ticket after my complaint:

"Customer called and was disputing cancellation fees. I have agreed that this was incorrect. Customer had given notice on 11/06. I have calculated charges. Customer only owes £10.17. I have allocated the relevant credit so that customer is only billed for £10.17 for his subscription."

I'm very angry about this; not because of the amounts involved but it raises a question as to whether this was a once-off mistake or not and whether the full charge of 40.71 would have went through if i had not made that call.

PS. Don't stress yourself over it!

Regards
    Gavin

Well due to ongoing technical issues and no help at all from MAAF I have asked for my MAC (going to postoffice on 4th August), they sent me the same standard ticket, I queried it as I knew it was only 28 days notice and no cancellation fee so it has now been reduced to £11.00, what I wonder is how many people get this standard final bill and actually pay it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure