Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know about that,it seems like many others,problems only began when they took over.

So is it BT i contact then?
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Froglet wrote: »

You have no contract with BT, so what do you think that they are likely to say if you try to report a fault to them?

:rolleyes:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2009 at 2:46PM
    Options
    If you have several days when you will be available to respond to MAAF's questions and suggestions, you raise a ticket on their system complaining that you have repeated and totally unacceptable drop outs and see what happens.
    Send them a scribbled down log of events if you want to; all this mucking about should be degrading your line speeds too. Do you monitor your line speeds regularly?

I spoke with one poor woman, the land lady of a local pub, who complained about her drop outs and said that BT had fitted an extra special master socket for her.

Where had the moron put it? The easiest place he could think of: screwed to the bottom of the big window on the stairs which streamed with condensation when the pub was in full swing cooking meals etc.

Mind you that might have had absolutely nothing to do with her problems.
  • reserved
    reserved Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Froglet wrote: »
    I don't know about that,it seems like many others,problems only began when they took over.

Try posting here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freenetname.html

One of the reps should pick it up tomorrow!
    :beer:
  • Froglet
    Options
    Hi reserved and harry hound.Good news,i no longer have crackling on the phone line,i reported the problems and today a BT engineer came and replaced the wiring from the pole to the house as he dignosed the fault was there.

madasafish also asked lots of questions about the drop outs and ran some tests.They are going to set up interleaving on the broadband and already it has been much better,whether that is because the phone line is now ok or what i don't know but i am so relieved and well impresssed with the speed and efficiency that madasafish have shown.

Thanks for your suggestions,both of you.Think broadband is great for loads of advice.
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    Options
    Hope your speeds get back to a good standard, when this os all finished..
  • Froglet
    Options
    Thanks Harry.They most certainly have! I was advised to leave the router on for 72 hours,which ends this afternoon.And what a difference.

The speed before the crackly line was fixed was .13(downloading) can you believe!!Within a few hours of the fault being sorted,it went up to .74 then 2 days later it was 3.87,and now it has settled at 4.08.What a difference! I am very pleased with Madasafish and the way they have pulled out all the stops to sort out all my problems.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody please remind me what I have to do to migrate my broadband. 12 months renewal is 2nd June.

Thanks
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Can anybody please remind me what I have to do to migrate my broadband. 12 months renewal is 2nd June.

Thanks

Request your MAC and give it to your chosen new provider.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    If i changed provider would I have any break in internet connection?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure