Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Options
    volcano99 wrote: »
    Latest deal is £5.50 per month, no contract, 5GB limit.
    I was on the £4.50/month for 12 months (after the VAT went back to 17.5%, it was £4.84/month). They couldn't let me have £4.84/month for another 12 month again because they will lose money due to the rise in retail broadband cost from BT.

When did they start offering this and do you know many customers who have managed to get £5.50/month?
    £7.31 was the best I could achieve at the time.
    Have you posted the £5.50/month offer elsewhere and I've missed it?
    How long have you been with MAAF?
  • volcano99
    volcano99 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When did they start offering this and do you know many customers who have managed to get £5.50/month?
    £7.31 was the best I could achieve at the time.
    Have you posted the £5.50/month offer elsewhere and I've missed it?
    How long have you been with MAAF?

They offered this when I contacted them late last month.
    I haven't posted the offer elsewhere.
    I was with MAAF for almost 4 years and every year I negotiate a new deal, presenting them with other 'better' offers as evidence to see whether they can match it. :)
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    I'm on a Market 1 exchange and no chance whatsoever of there being any alternatives, e.g. LLU services etc. Therefore there are no better offers to quote them!:( So I wonder if that's why they can't "improve" on what was on offer to me?
    Could it be you are on a Market 3 exchange with "cheap" competition available?
  • volcano99
    Options
    I'm on a Market 1 exchange and no chance whatsoever of there being any alternatives, e.g. LLU services etc. Therefore there are no better offers to quote them!:( So I wonder if that's why they can't "improve" on what was on offer to me?
    Could it be you are on a Market 3 exchange with "cheap" competition available?

Yes. I have just checked (SamKnows broadband site) and the followings are available for me phone line:

The following services are available in your location:
    BT Wholesale ADSL
    BT Wholesale ADSL Max
    BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
    BT Wholesale SDSL
    AOL LLU
    O2 / Be LLU
    Bulldog LLU
    TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
    Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
    Tiscali LLU
    Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
    Virgin Media (Cable)

Thus I have a huge selection of deals to choose from for negiotiation with MAAF. :D
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    Yes, that's my limiting factor then, no chance of the £5.50 deal! I'm basically stuck with BT Wholesale providers. None of which are £7.31/month to start, although "unlimited". I would have to pay much more to migrate. I seem to recall when I spoke them (it was Plusnet retentions in Sheffield) Market 1 was mentioned and that was the best they could do under the circumstances. Very happy with their service and 5GB/month is more than adequate for my usage.
  • volcano99
    Options
    Further to me message dated 16th June, I have now obtained a new 12-month contract deal from MAAF at £4.50/month.

After the last negotiation with them when my contract was up, they offered me £5.50/ month with no contract tie-in.

Then after a while into the new deal I thought that the £7.50/ month O2 unlimited deal (must be existing O2 mobile customer to qualify for the £5/month discount from full price of £12.50 /month) still looked better. So I phoned MAAF up and tried to get a MAC code. Then they offered me the same deal that I had from 2009/2010. :T

Since I am not a heavy user, this is good enough for me to stay with them for another year. :beer:

So, for those people who are at ~£5.50 /month with no contract tie-in and Market 3 exchange, phone them up and try to negotiate for a better deal with contract.

Dear oldagetraveller, perhaps you should have a go at some point to see whether you can get a better deal too.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Out of interest, the current deal that o2 do as a retention (ie when you have completed your 12 months @ £7.50) is to knock it down to £4.90/month in return for another 12 month contract. (And no limits to reach and get charged extra for!)
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hated getting charged all the time for going over my 5GB limit. I feel free now, I have already done 85GB in July !!!
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gambler,

What is taking you over the 5GB limit ?

I've started running into this problem and I know it is my DW missing something on the TV and then watching it on her lap top.

Harry.
  • volcano99
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Out of interest, the current deal that o2 do as a retention (ie when you have completed your 12 months @ £7.50) is to knock it down to £4.90/month in return for another 12 month contract. (And no limits to reach and get charged extra for!)

Ouch too late!:eek:

I am already tied in with MAAF for a year.:silenced:
    Should have waited for your message before I phoned MAAF. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills