Madasafish Questions/answers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• andywhu
    andywhu Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    when i changed i was advised that there would be a break in connection of no more than a few hours at any time of the day, as far as i can remember mine changed over with less than an hour downtime.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have only ever moved provider once before from BT to MAAF. I remember the lady at BT gave me a MAC code straight away over the phone. MAAF said it would take 4 working days and still no sign. They just keep sending the ticket from person to the next. How difficult is it !!!!
  • clearchalk
    clearchalk Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    My contract is up in the next week. Can't see Maaf having deal that can keep me. Can get O2 for £10 per month, plus Quico cashback of £60.

What deals have people being getting on renewal out of interest?
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hiya.I have been with them for 3 years now.Just renewed at £7.99 per month,no time limit on that sum(6 months is the norm),and on a month to month basis ie no yearly contract.That is the basic plan but it suits me fine.I do have my phone with them too, whether that makes a diference i don't know.
  • joegib
    joegib Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Per Clause 10.4 of the T&Cs here:

http://www.madasafish.com/terms-and-conditions/broadband.shtml

— you need to give MAAF 10 days notice of your wish to terminate the service and that notice period cannot start before the end of the 12 month contract period.

Note also that requesting a MAC does not constitute a request to terminate (since the MAC doesn't have to be used). So, you'd be well advised to send an e-mail explicitly notifying your wish to terminate. You'll have to work out how to phase all this from your actual contract anniversary date and billing dates.

I went through all this last December when I switched to O2 LLU. Also MAAF billing is a bit of a shambles so watch that you don't get billed for months following termination — I did though, to be fair, MAAF promptly repaid the overpayment.

Joe
  • Gambler
    Options
    I am leaving MAAF after 4 happy years. Been paying £7.50 for the 5GB package over the past 12 months but I kept going over the limit.

Moving to Vodafone at Home, unlimited BB including line rental and anytime landline calls for £25 all in.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Options
    clearchalk wrote: »
    My contract is up in the next week. Can't see Maaf having deal that can keep me. Can get O2 for £10 per month, plus Quico cashback of £60.

What deals have people being getting on renewal out of interest?

£7.31, 5Gb limit which is sufficient for me, on a month by month basis.
  • Gambler
    Options
    A question for people who have left MAAF, do you lose access to webmail as soon as you move? I can't seem to log in. Thanks
  • volcano99
    volcano99 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £7.31, 5Gb limit which is sufficient for me, on a month by month basis.

Latest deal is £5.50 per month, no contract, 5GB limit.
    I was on the £4.50/month for 12 months (after the VAT went back to 17.5%, it was £4.84/month). They couldn't let me have £4.84/month for another 12 month again because they will lose money due to the rise in retail broadband cost from BT.
  • joegib
    joegib Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    A question for people who have left MAAF, do you lose access to webmail as soon as you move? I can't seem to log in. Thanks

Bit late to help you but the following may help others.

I can't remember all the detail but as I recall I did get an email from MAAF asking whether I wanted to retain the email service for a small monthly charge. I said 'No' and they pulled the plug straightaway. As my new service with O2 was already active I didn't care.

So:

(1) if you've got messages on the MAAF email server that you want to archive, make sure you download them to your own PC before changing your provider,

(2) ideally, make sure your new provider's email service is operative before pulling the plug on the MAAF service,

(3) make sure your important contacts are notified of your new email address as soon as it's active.

Joe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport