We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A new start for Mooloo

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hello from a snowy Brackley.
    The carpets are going in as I type., I am standing in the kitchen of the new house, and drinking a hot cuppa.!
    Just driven through a snow storm from Towcester. Left DGD with her Mum at Stay and Play. But they are not going to stop now, as the heating is not working there. So I will pick her up from Twin1's home when we are finished here.
    DS has dissappeared on me. Just when I needed someone here. Typical teenager!

My Parents have been very supportive and my dad has been helping me as much as he can.

BF is not well, so not sure if he will be able to come over and help me this weekend. All we really need to do is finish painting the doors and re hang the ones we took off. So its not a disaster if they are not done.
    Fingers crossed that the snow doesnt stop the removals on Monday/Tuesday thats all that I can say! Time is running out.
    Most presents were wrapped the other night. Small but then heyho!

Still waiting for my cheque from SS. Typical when I really needed it.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • jackieglasgow
    Options
    Although you sound a bit fed up, your post is really uplifting Mooloo. Things are really progressing for you. I wish you all the happiness in the world, in your new warm home :D Time for a "New Year, New House, New Start" thread for 20011 do you think? xxxx
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • queen_vi
    Options
    hoe all goes well with the move MooLoo will be thinking about you
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Im online:j:j:j:j
    Thanks to my wonderful DD and Kids Dad - they came through the snow to bring me lapperty (my laptop) as Im still stuck in hospital. Three days and counting of lying flat on my back. Today Im allowed the smallest pillow - what an achievement!

So Im back in touch with the world and MSE via my dongle. That sounds rather rude! I have to read back through the thread so forgive me if I dont mention anything specific. We are snowed in with a huge amount at home and also here in Oxford. The staff have been snowed in so its been very short staffed but i have been well cared for. Mooloo's boyfriend has just dropped off a card for me from Mooloo and DGD which has brightened my day considerably. That was very kind and a feat for him as its very snowy here:eek::eek::eek:

Fingers crossed that Mooloo can move tomorrow. I know her internet connection is very wobbly at the moment but she is doing ok and keeping warm. She is going stir crazy without her internet and is rather cut off in the village - her dad took two hours to get to her just now. I guess a contingency plan may need to be made although the removals are very reliable. :eek::eek:

Hugs and stay safe xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • carpedieme
    Options
    Hope you get better soon molly
    enjoy every day, you dont know how long youve got!:o
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the update Molly. Hope hosp chucks you out into the snow asap ;)
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oh molly my sympathies and watch you don't do any mischief using lapperty while flat on your back. on my recent (and mercifully brief!) hospital stay I was thrilled to discover free internet and email on the patient phone system, but I gave up because I could not get the screen to a sensible position, and it was a touch screen keyboard. so, one arm in sling and slightest movement searing pain: other arm waving above shoulder height ... NOT a good combination!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes.
    Heres hoping I do get chucked out soon. Probably Tuesday at earliest. I know what you mean about the design of the TV stands. Its no good lying flat on your back either. I will update for Mooloo when she hears something about her move. Keep warm and safe x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am at my Mum and Dads. Dad is preparing dinner as I type.
    DGD is in Nursery today, my Dad came out to pick her up, and take her for me, while I waited in trepedation for the removals man. One man, arrived about 9.30. His partner couldnt make it to work.
    My BF drove all the way from Oxford and came to help us pack. So the three of us did the packing!
    (and doesnt my back know it now)>
    My Dad came out in his 4 x 4. He brought twin2's BF out to help, and we finished off as my BF had to get back, the snow had started again and he is just in a normal ford focus.
    So we managed to clear the majority of the packing, and then we let the removal man go, and we finished off dismantling DGD's bed, while my poor old Dad came back to collect us!.
    What a day.
    Now we have to hope that the removal van can get to the village tomorrow.

There has been no sign of my son.

Tomorrow we are due to move to the new house.

I am stopping at my parents tonight, with DGD.

Thanks everyone for the good luck, and I know that Molly thanks for the best wishes for her too. She really is worried that she may have to stay in for Christmas now.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Although you sound a bit fed up, your post is really uplifting Mooloo. Things are really progressing for you. I wish you all the happiness in the world, in your new warm home :D Time for a "New Year, New House, New Start" thread for 20011 do you think? xxxx

Think I will be using that as my title! Although this was a new start originally. Some several thousand posts and about 18 months ago.!

Oh how my life changes sharply so much!.

My parents have had to postpone thier holiday, which is just as well as my car is stuck in the village. Steep inclines either side of my house, means that cars are not getting through, unless your a 4 x 4, and even they are struggling in places.

Dad has just gone to get DGD from the nursery for me, and i am sitting with a hot water bottle on my back. I did far too much and have used up my spoons really!. But tonight I only have to put DGD in her bath and bed.
    Tomorrow Dad will drive us where we need to be, and with the help of Twin2's BF, we will have someone at each house. The new Sofa Bed is due to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed, at the new house.

I hope it thaws enough for me to get my car out by christmas eve, or I will not be able to go to Oxford.
    The new house can wait to be unpacked if necessary. As long as we are out of the old one and the cleaning company can move in and clear up behind us.
    (I will hoover as I go, and clean the sink, as I couldnt leave that, but they are charging me to clean the cooker etc, so in the end they can!).
    My landlord is supposed to be going to South Africa on Christmas Day, but its not looking good for him.
    He helped us push the removals lorry out of the snow today. No wonder I am in pain! Pushing lorries with my problems! Eek. tomorrow is going to be interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure