1389390391392393395»

Comments

• MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Mooloo

Great that the Pullups gave DGD the confidence to have a dry night :T

Much as I hate drying indoors there is no option at this time of year. Have you thought about one of those extendable washing lines? Maybe it could go over the bath as space is at a premium. Takes up much less room that one of those free standing airers.

In some ways it is good to take things slowly as it means that you get to put things in the right place first time rather than just shoving things in a cupboard to get it out of sight. You can also work out exactly what you need to buy and you can further de-clutter as you go. Even if you just put things you are not sure about in a box and decide later.

Great that you got a visit from Molly and her DH but sorry to hear she is still poorly. I hope she continues to improve so that you two can get out and about more.

I thought Upstairs Downstairs was lovely, nice that they got the original music in too :)

Hope today goes well at your own pace.

Maty
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well I have done a few things.
    I have washed up.
    I have changed over the TV license
    Contacted the Electric people and changed my address and given final readings.
    Still need to sort out the housing benefit forms though. Think that will be later over a cuppa once more.
    DWP are not open so I cannot change over the address with them until tomorrow.
    Going to try the water company, tried yesterday but they were not working. Not sure if they are today or if I have to wait until next week.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Js_Other_Half
    Options
    I have this airer, and it fits into my bath so no taking up other floor space if you don't have to?
    http://www.minky.co.uk/index.php?page=product_details&cat_id=9&subcat_id=13&product_id=42

The other thing I may have mentioned is once you have a rotary dryer in the garden, to get one of these to go over it:
    http://www.rotaire.com/. I know they are not cheap, but it means you can get a full airer of drying done even in pouring rain.
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I have this airer, and it fits into my bath so no taking up other floor space if you don't have to?
    http://www.minky.co.uk/index.php?page=product_details&cat_id=9&subcat_id=13&product_id=42

The other thing I may have mentioned is once you have a rotary dryer in the garden, to get one of these to go over it:
    http://www.rotaire.com/. I know they are not cheap, but it means you can get a full airer of drying done even in pouring rain.

I have the first (by default, it was one of the twins but it ended up at my house somewhere along the line.
    I have splashed out, and I have ordered an airer and cover from that site. May be dearer then getting elsewhere, but it is a job done then!.
    Thanks ever so. :T
    I feel that sometimes I need to buy somethings to aid my daily routine and work load.
    :D
    Housing Benefit are making the changes and I will know whats occuring eventually!
    I have enough in the rent account to pay for the next month if necessary. So not too worried.
    I would be happier if the council would pay the money for the other invoices. Mind you I still have a cheque to pay in. Hope its still in my handbag!
    Didnt go out in the end.
    I have made a small amount of space, and unpacked 3 boxes today. So not too bad.
    I need/want storage box/shelving to put in the cupboard under the stairs, to store the cleaning things, and the bathroom stuff.
    I could do with a bathroom cabinet and some shelving in there, but I will have to wait until next week, when I get the car sorted out first.
    The garage is going to hook the car up to the computer, at a cost of £24.95 plus VAT to see why my emmissions light is on. Hopefully it will not be too much.
    If its the catalytic converter thingy then I may be in for a costly business.

DGD and I have done a few of her activity pages in her magazine.

DS has sent a text from a friends phone. I think he is aiming to come home for the night! Amazing.
    I will try not to be ungrateful for the lack of help.! :o

DGD is continually raiding the cupboards and fridgewhen ever my back is turned I will need to put a lock on them!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Been looking at different Shabby Chic sites etc etc, and the afternoon has gone.
    DGD is playing in her pop up tent here in the sittingroom.
    I have changed address with the Homebase card, and paid off my last bill in full.
    Next bill is due to be paid in February. So I have time to put by the money for the things I got just before Christmas.
    I managed to do a few boxes. So not a completely wasted day.
    Still need to empty the car, and get the seats sorted out ready to take Twin2 to see her sons.
    Twin1 is not available to see her daughter until Monday she said! So I am not thrilled about that.
    Getting some peace for New Years eve though. DGD is going to her granddad and his wife for the weekend. That will be novel. Here temper tantrums will not go down too well!.
    I will have to sort out her clothes, tomorrow, as I have no idea where everything is, and she will need her socks/pants/vests etc washed or I will need to get her some new ones!! She doesnt have very many of them at the moment.
    Will send he with Nappies and bedmattress covers too.
    We are only a few days away from the new year and I cannot believe how fast this year has gone!
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    Hi Mooloo pleased you are settling in , a few problms and hiccups along the way is to be expected

Will it be a new thread for the new yaer and your new start?

Shaz
    Shaz
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Hi Mooloo pleased you are settling in , a few problms and hiccups along the way is to be expected

Will it be a new thread for the new yaer and your new start?

Shaz

yes I was just thinking about when was the best time to start a new one. This is rather large after all!.

Will go away and think about it. Dinner is calling.

Mooloo
  • Savvy_sewing
    edited 29 December 2010 at 8:43PM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2949198
    This is the new thread for those of you mad enough to want to continue following me.

Decided that now was as good a time as any to start the new thread.

Maybe I will see you over there soon.

Mooloo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure