We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• SeptemberBaby_2
    SeptemberBaby_2 Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    Options
    3onitsway wrote: »
    Ladybird - it was me, not caz! :rolleyes:
    A flowchart sounds good - i'm strange like that!
    If I go back to the hours I was doing before, it won't be worth it. My wages will cover childcare - then theres petrol/parking and other work related expenses to add to it.
    I think the most sensible, is to squeeze my hours into two full days (and maybe a half day) - MIL could have her one day, then theres only a day to worry about.
    Work (for the government) are very family friendly, so swapping shouldn't be a problem. Maybe when Violet goes to school I could swap back so I can be there for the school run every day.
    I think maybe because its my third (and probably last :mad:), I know how fast the other two grew up, and I don't want to miss out this time.

Sounds like a plan, 3. But you have ages yet as a SAHM so try not to stress too much! :D

xx
  • SeptemberBaby_2
    Options
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Caz - she's not got thrush again has she? or teething?

My friend came round today with her 2 girls - L'estO is 8mths and got her 1st tooth while here :T She is HUGE tho! its mad she's 22lb, her sister (2yrs 4mths) and Chris (2yrs 5mth)are both 26lb ish!! She looks like a baby rugby player :p

Tut tut, Sami, you know baba's come in all shapes and sizes! :D.

Last time I had Jamie weighed he was 17w and weighed 17lb 1/2oz! But he has now dropped from 99.6 percentile to 85th ;).

xx
  • SeptemberBaby_2
    Options
    Benjamin has been so clingy this afternoon / evening - he has only just gone to sleep :rolleyes:

Just popped back to let you know that I am going away for a few days. We are off to Bluestone in Wales (a bit like Centerparcs) so Benjamin will be treated to his first time swimming!!

Have a good bank holiday weekend all.

MFD xxx

Hope you have a lovely time!

xx
  • SeptemberBaby_2
    Options
    angelfairy wrote: »
    hi all,

feelie - so sorry to hear about what you are going through. i hope you come to a decision that is right for you. look after yourself.

mfd - glad your day went well. i am dreading going back to work at the end of my maternity leave and i never thought i would feel like that. i just dread the thought of leaving my little girl. i thought about trying to stay off until the new year but it would of course be unpaid then.

bought my little girl a glow worm today for being brave having her injections yesterday. why dont they look like they used to when i was a little girl???

They are really dinky now, aren't they? But Pop loves hers lots.

xx
  • chocaholic110
    chocaholic110 Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2009 at 7:52AM
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I'm so glad it's a shiny new thread because I went away for the weekend and you lot just nattered too much for me to catch up!

Ice cream vans: one of my managers told his children that when the ice cream van rang its bell / played its tune, that meant it had run out of ice cream! Guess this only works when it is driving around and NOT parked up selling ice cream to other families! :rotfl:

My auntie used to say this to her kids. I always thought it was a great line but we don't get an icecream van coming round here so I've never had the chance to try it. ;)

Going back to work - I seem to find it more difficult each time. I went back to my current job when Tom was 9 months, went back to my previous jobs when DD was 5 months but... and I can barely believe this one these days... I started university when DS was 5 weeks old! And I was wearing tiny little tight jeans and skinny rib top I remember as one of the girls I met on the first day commented on it in disbelief when I mentioned I had a 5 week old baby. I'm not even sure how I managed other than to say I was a lot younger then, lol! I was able to plan all my tutorials around lectures though and managed to cram everything into two and a half days a week so I still had plenty time with DS1.

MFD, I'm with you on wanting to work. I have a job that I really enjoy and I wouldn't like to give it up completely although I LOVE being part-time!

oh, and have a lovely time!

Feelie, sorry things aren't going well for you. Hope something gets sorted soon for you.
  • BrunoM
    BrunoM Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, so many huge babies :eek: my reflux-smitten little one is 17lb at 9.5 months :undecided
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Benjamin has been so clingy this afternoon / evening - he has only just gone to sleep :rolleyes:

Just popped back to let you know that I am going away for a few days. We are off to Bluestone in Wales (a bit like Centerparcs) so Benjamin will be treated to his first time swimming!!

Have a good bank holiday weekend all.

MFD xxx

Hope you have a lovely holiday. We're off on Sunday afternoon. Driving to Manchester and stopping overnight, then flying to Turkey for a fortnight on Monday. Can't wait and been looking forward to it for so long.

My parents are having the dog, but they're going to their caravan for the bank holiday weekend, so my Mam is picking him up this morning and they're taking him with them. I'm going to have two dog free days before we go, and I'm going to miss him. He's always next to me - he's currently laying under my chair as I type, and he follows me wherever I go in the house. The caravan is very rural though, so he'll get some lovely walks.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs for feelie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Kristal, I am sending labour vibes to you, hope you get them! :)

I'm sat here chuckling with my morning coffee reading a mum's net thread about the silliest things people have said in labour, splutter, giggle ROTFL....

Sami hope that bedroom's shaping up? Have you got a plan for who you need to get in by when? Our carpet came 4 days before fergus, and they kept wanting me to make decisions about the fitting. I was like 'ummmmmm my husband will be back soon!' having completely lost all decision making ability! At one point the guy goes, 'what do you think?' And I turned to my mum and went 'what do I think mummy?' yeeeeeeeeesh, I'm 35 years of age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2009 at 8:43AM
    Options
    I started university when DS was 5 weeks old! And I was wearing tiny little tight jeans and skinny rib top

Oh chocaholic, I shall have to hate you now, what a shame! :p;):)

MFD have a great trip- due to be nice weather here in wales. Ummmm can I be cheeky and ask if you get a minute when you get back to post your packing list? I'm a bit nervous about going away with Ferg, as me and DH always forget crucial things when going away. Not so catastrophic when you're childfree! ;):o

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    morning! well once i had posted i took her up lay her in her moses basket until i went to the toilet, came vack and she was asleep. She hadnt fed since the afternoon? she woke at 5.30 fed a little(was desperate for more as my boobs were expolding) and went back to sleep. she is till sleeping now so am thinkin maybe she has picked something up?
    What's for you won't go past you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport