We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cazscoob wrote: »
    hello ladies this heat is crazy and i see its hotter the further south you go! erin is being awful sick with the heat and she heas never been one for drinking water, any ideas on MSE baby drinks dont want to go down the route of expensive baby juice etc. also do you think i should give her it in a cup rather than bottle as shes BF????
    Assuming she is not on solids yet, breastmilk should be enough but you may need to offer her feeds more often. Your breastmilk changes composition if it is hotter so it is more watery.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    cazscoob wrote: »
    hello ladies this heat is crazy and i see its hotter the further south you go! erin is being awful sick with the heat and she heas never been one for drinking water, any ideas on MSE baby drinks dont want to go down the route of expensive baby juice etc. also do you think i should give her it in a cup rather than bottle as shes BF????

FEELIE ask for help i know its hard but until you do they might not realise how bad things have got? or can you not get your mum to speak to them?? or like sami said write it down
    She'll just ask for more feeds if she's thirsty, your milk will be more watery in this weather so I wouldn't worry too much... How are your morning feeds going? Does she still choke?
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgot to say that we've "properly" moved now. I've just come back to the old house to go online to [STRIKE]catch up on MSE[/STRIKE] do important things like cancelling the old insurance and sort out the last bits and pieces etc.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Secondly (and I hope that I don't offend anyone here) - is any mum who takes her child out in the sun without a hat and protection :mad: I have seen far too many tiny tots in buggies or prams with the sun shining directly on them in the last few days - cover the poor babies up!!

Hi MFD,

I cunningly escaped your wrath today :) at first I'd gone out without ferg's hat, d'oh! But then made a sunhat out of knotting the corners of my muslin square, like a little old man on the beach he was!:rotfl:

more amusingly, my friend forgot her baby's hat to0, so did the same thing. We decided if we both just looked really confident, all the well prepared yummy mummies we saw would think it was a new trend... :o

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    Hi MFD,

I cunningly escaped your wrath today :) at first I'd gone out without ferg's hat, d'oh! But then made a sunhat out of knotting the corners of my muslin square, like a little old man on the beach he was!:rotfl:

more amusingly, my friend forgot her baby's hat to0, so did the same thing. We decided if we both just looked really confident, all the well prepared yummy mummies we saw would think it was a new trend... :o
    :rotfl::rotfl: Loves it!
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Options
    Just had to share
    This is Chris after being at Grandma's for a few hours
    DSC00156.jpg and a close up in case you can't see his pretty pink toe nails! DSC00157.jpg
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya peeps.
    OMG Aston cracks me up!
    I dont know if it's just me but I am forever making lists, calculations etc in a big pad I have, anyway, one of my things in there is planning his birthday party, he's ben 10 crazy at the mo so decided to theme it, so the title at the top of the page reads 'PARTY-BEN 10'
    Anyway, the pad fell open on the floor and as he picked it up he shreaked and said ''mummy are you doing me a ben 10 party'' :eek: :rotfl:
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    Secondly (and I hope that I don't offend anyone here) - is any mum who takes her child out in the sun without a hat and protection :mad: I have seen far too many tiny tots in buggies or prams with the sun shining directly on them in the last few days - cover the poor babies up!!

I totally agree, I hate to see babies/kids with no hats. I'm the same in winter when you see LOs with no socks and shoes on:mad:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • Sami_Bee
    Options
    What about this one, there is a mum I see at baby clinic sometimes. In weather like this she wears a vest top like most other sane people but then lifts her baby out of a heavily padded pram removes it's COAT, then long sleeved top then vest :confused: the poor child is being slowly roasted alive!!
  • ladybirdintheuk
    ladybirdintheuk Posts: 2,825 Forumite
    Options
    I went to the fabric shop today and bought 1.5 metres of muslin to drape over the front of the pushchair to keep Izzy out of the sunshine. Oh, and she has today discovered how to take her hat off (it is tasty aparently ;) )

And if being scared by the man at the market wasn't enough, I took her up to the top of the allotments this evening, where there is pasture for animals, and there were baby lambs that all ran over to see if I would feed them. They were bleating away loudly, and poor baby was scared of them too! I must make a note of these things to embarrass her with at a later date ;)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport