MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tsstss7 wrote: »
    this is my solution to but seems to be a bit controversial with some - had to admit to feeling a bit miffed with mil when she said the other day that wearing tights under trousers had made lo walk funny (as apparantly he now walks more upright now although I would have said the fact he is older might be a pretty good reason for that :p).
    :rotfl: Priceless!

FWIW, the one I did this with most is now a strapping 19 yo and doesn't walk funny at all ... even though he did ballet, shhh, actually they all did ballet for a little while but he did it the most, maybe he liked the tights?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    In fact, let's hear it from ALL of you: "I AM DOING A GOOD JOB!"

*bleats feebly in questioning tones*

i am doing a good job

sue, does it count if we don't believe ourselves :rotfl:

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »

*bleats feebly in questioning tones*

i am doing a good job

sue, does it count if we don't believe ourselves :rotfl:
    YES!

Honestly.

Try this.

I am doing a good job.

I AM doing a good job.

I am doing a good job.

I am doing a GOOD job.

I am doing a good JOB.

I am doing a GOOD JOB.

and finally you get to ...

I AM DOING A GOOD JOB!

I am going to have to repeat this to myself throughout the day: I should be tidying and cleaning with the help of 17 yo DS3, ready for a friend coming tonight, but it is likely I will be in complete despair very shortly.

I mean, if I've been doing such a good job, why is the house in such a state? :rotfl:

On the other hand, I have three charming and delightful boys, two at Uni and this one doing his AS levels. So I must have done SOMETHING right! :rotfl:

I AM DOING A GOOD JOB!

but I'd better get off here now ...
  • tsstss7
    tsstss7 Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Feelie, I didn't go out alone until Tom was at least 6 weeks as I had a cs and couldn't drive and where I live everywhere is miles away. Even after that I tried to get my mam to come everywhere as I'd lost my nerve! I used to feel a bit bad as there's a girl up the street had a baby the same time and she was forever zipping past in her car and she's only about 19 so I didn't feel great that she was coping alot better than me. Tom did scream everytime he went somewhere new and every time he went in the car ubtil he was about 10 months though so it was quite stressful on my own. It's much easier now!

Also, I'm on of those bad Mams with no hats as Tom absolutely won't wear one. He was the same when the weather was cold. He just takes it straight off and if we try a tie on one he goes mad. It's not too bad when he's in his pushchair as he has a shade but what do you do when he's out of it? I can't keep him in the house all summer! I'm a bit worried about it as itwill be really hoton holiday and I don't want him to be ill. Any ideas? We keep putting a hat on him and giving him a round of applause (which he usually loves) but to no avail.

And he was a baby who took his socks off in winter until we bought tights - again, not a popular decision with everyone!

Hi Chocoholic - haven't read the other replies as I'm pushed for time and just on a coffee break (before hoovering my mum has LO and I can only do the job while he is asleep or out of the house as he's a screamer!)

Anyway just wanted to say that this was and sometimes still is an ongoing problem with archie and I have a few solutions that have worked for me :-

step one - tie on a muslin (like the polish do like a bandana ) I tied on archies round the forehead on at the back of the head and used the trailing bit at the back to tie round the front so he couldn't get it off at all and yes he HATED it and cried and pulled etc but it stayed on :T.

step two - now that he is used to wearing something on his head put a hat on top of muslin to get him used to hat (yes bit of a palaver lol).

step three - distraction, put hat on head then shove lolly in mouth, start to look at pretty !!!!! cat (archie looooves cats)......etc

step four - make hats a part of every day so that they are so used to them that steps one to three are not having to be repeated.:D.

Archie now only pulls hat off every ten mins or so instead of instantly so I'm definately making progress :j.
    MSE PARENT CLUB MEMBER.
    ds1 nov 1997
    ds2 nov 2007
    :j
    First DD
    First DD born in june:beer:.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We're all doing great jobs :) I'm knackered, worn out, sore and emotional... the last bit is SO not me and therefor the most worrying to me :)
    Last night I went to bed at 9 and felt awful for leaving Roo with her daddy - felt like I was failing in looking after her so went up and had a little cry before I fell asleep. The silly thing is that I know there is no reason to feel like this - it's OK to not do EVERYTHING myself :) As it was she was happily sleeping with her dad in the livingroom whilst I got some zzzz's upstairs - she woke at some point and needed a clean nappy and a feed (and we had more explosive poo... so had to clean that too...) then she woke again at around 4:30 - second clean nappy and feed (I'd leave her with a wet nappy instead of waking her but she's had a bit of a red bottom so trying to make sure her bum is nice and dry all the time) and then up at 8-9ish...
    Feeling a little less tired today but still exhausted and I close to tears for no reason... So I'm going for a nap - mum has taken the munchkin out for a stroll in her pram and I'm going to get a little bit of sleep I think :)
    Feely - you're doing fine :) If you can't "tell" the HV/Doc etc then write it down and take it with you - if you don't want to hand them a letter then even posting it to them will do - that way it might be easier to get across what you need to tell them.
    If you want then you could even write what you want to say and I'm sure you could e-mail it to one of us and let us know the doctors address and we can send it for you. I often struggle addressing my own health needs because I don't want to be a bother so I kinda know how hard it can be to open your mouth when you're there to ask the questions or for the help you know you need :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tsstss7 wrote: »
    step three - distraction, put hat on head then shove lolly in mouth, start to look at pretty !!!!! cat (archie looooves cats)......etc
    That's a great plan :T

So it's not just me that uses cats as a distraction. :rotfl:We were driving the other day and DS2 was having a mega whinge, driving everyone up the wall, and the only thing that made him shut up was an overly enthusiastic, "Look, there's a pu$sycat driving that car! Look, look, there he goes!!!"

I was very proud of my genius idea, although DH thought I was mad - but it worked! :cool: Even DS1 almost bought it, going, "Mummy, is there really a cat driving a car?" :rotfl:
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    Sue - I'm not sure I can say I'm doing a good job so soon after almost poisoning my child :o:p
    Didn't you know that Ballet is sooo cool now?
    The guys from Diversity (winner's of BGT) all met at a dance studio where they were learning Ballet, Tap and Modern :cool:
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Sue - I'm not sure I can say I'm doing a good job so soon after almost poisoning my child :o:p
    :rotfl: I think mine all declined to eat any of the cheese which I then realised had maggots crawling out of it! :rotfl:

And anyway, you did NOT almost poison your child! slightly off milk never killed anyone - what's yoghurt when it's at home? Creme fraiche? Fromage frais?
    Didn't you know that Ballet is sooo cool now?
    The guys from Diversity (winner's of BGT) all met at a dance studio where they were learning Ballet, Tap and Modern :cool:
    Ballet may be cool now, but it was less so in those days. :o We're talking pre-Billy Elliott days here. And I knew it was darned hard physical work rather than all airy fairy!

I'm not sure I would have sent girls, but the boys enjoyed it at the time. Although at DS3's first attempt, the teacher suggested we took him home and brought him back when he was a little older, ie ready to do what she wanted. She wanted little bunnies running round the room all dainty with their 'paws' held up under the faces, he thought enormous bunny hops would be better. :rotfl:
  • ladybirdintheuk
    ladybirdintheuk Posts: 2,825 Forumite
    Options
    Feelie - if you want to keep expressing then do. It's not up to DH or the HV.

Oh, I've solved the not eating in this heat problem. The solution is to make smoothies :) (also, drinking half of it myself while going "yum yum yum!" helped :rotfl:)

Butternut squash has just gone donw reasonably well at lunch too :). And we ate lunch at the same time - one mouthful for Izzy, one mouthful for Mummy - while having a chat, just like all the books say you should. :A
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Options
    I feel like an awful mum, I made Chris's breakfast with off milk and made him eat it :eek: I didn't know it was off until I used it on my cereal afterwards :undecided
    do you think I need to do anything or just wait for a nasty poop?

I did that a couple of weeks ago...:o. Ds was fine....:p
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family