MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Options
    OH is really getting to me at the moment, he keeps telling me that we have to find someone to watch LO while we go for a meal, go to the beach, go to thorpe park etc! i'm finding it really annoying that he seems to want to palm our poor little man off on someone while we go off somewhere :mad: i dont know what he is expecting, we dont have any money and i just dont want to! when he is a little older and easier for other people to look after then i will consider it, but not before! i tell him this and he says we need to have our own time as a couple :confused:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i know it doesnt sound like a huge deal but we have the same darn conversation every ruddy day and its really starting to get on my nerves!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

DD (born January 2012)
  • Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    Options
    cazscoob wrote: »
    why do BF babies feed more often when they are ill/grumpy? is it more for comfort? erin been getting hot all day but just wants to feed she cannot be hungry as she has been on all day (near enough) but if she was bottle fed she wouldnt be fed as much

If she is ill, then the milk she gets from you has antibodies to help her fight any infection?
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    Options
    Unannounced visitors - urgh!

Unannounced visitors when you have been shopping all afternoon, the house is a tip, the washing is dumped on the living room floor waiting to be folded and you are eating your dinner one handed - double urgh!

Phoning your hubby who is working late to moan to be told he knew his sister was popping round...priceless :mad:
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • ladybirdintheuk
    ladybirdintheuk Posts: 2,825 Forumite
    Options
    Caz - We're going the zoo :) Only in the afternoon, as DH is working in the morning, but that is fine. We're having a picnic with friends on the Saturday too, so I will probably spend the morning getting ready for that, then we can go swimming together Saturday morning too :)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like
    What's for you won't go past you
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    sounds like a good few days lady!!

poor you MFD but i also have a huge amount of washing in the living room but cant do anything as erin wont stop crying? had to phone chippy for tea cause i couldnt get anything organised.

so it would be a mix betwenn her being comforted and it making her better? i feel liked im drained with all this screaming and feeding:confused:
    What's for you won't go past you
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    [STRIKE]Caz I'm confued are you playing charades or something???[/STRIKE] Ok got ya now you posted the start of your post by a mistake

My worst nightmare came true today, El fell off her changer. Daddy was about to comb her hair and she dived and fell straight off the end!!! Screaming fit, but was still fine to go to toddlers :p
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • chocaholic110
    chocaholic110 Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    Options
    tsstss - thanks for the hat advice, will give it a go. Tried to thank you but my thanks buttons are playing up and leading me to a page telling me I'm not authorised to be there.
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    Caz - what on earth were your keys doing in the garden?!!!
    I'm guessing they got there the same way mine found their way into the bin... toddlers! :D

Em - I think maybe ur OH is right, you do need couple time. I know it's scary but once you do it you'll feel better, start of with something small like just 30min walk or something. If you hate it you can come back and then OH will see its not right but hopefully you'll enjoy it and feel happy planning something bigger :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    Em - I think maybe ur OH is right, you do need couple time. I know it's scary but once you do it you'll feel better, start of with something small like just 30min walk or something. If you hate it you can come back and then OH will see its not right but hopefully you'll enjoy it and feel happy planning something bigger :)

I agree I was just trying to think of a nice way of putting it without making em feel bad bout not wanting to go, but I think you've done that sami thanx
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family