MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    scruffy we have weeks like that! everyday something will happen then nothing? i have a pic of chalie with a big line bruise across his head from falling into the door? he has a huge bump right now landing face first into the floor while running away from me!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Wow so much to read through these days:)

I am glad to say I have not dropped any of my babies, just you watch, now i've said that I will do!!!

Em, I agree it is good to spend some time as just a couple. Men often feel very left-out and rejected when a baby comes along, as much as they may try not to show it sometimes.....his saying he wants to spend time alone with you is not that he doesn't love baby and will probably be as wary as you of going out the first time!! It is a call for attention and consolidation that you still love him as much as ever:) silly creatures men:)

To those who's babies are not sleeping through at the moment, I think it is a lot to do with the heat as Kai has also been waking at 4am!!....last night/this morn, when it was slightly cooler he slept till 5am.

Oh yeah, he is drinking his bottles fantastic, and I got him weighed today, he has put on 6,5oz in a week:T:T I am so pleased. So he now weighs 12lb 14.5oz

Hope you are all keeping well:D

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Options
    Took Ello to clinic today first time in three weeks, she's 9lb 14oz, which means she's only put on 10oz in three weeks, she's dropped off the line she was following on the weight chart.

I'm the first one to say that all babies are different and don't fit into charts necessarily so why am I worrying?
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • cazscoob
    Options
    Took Ello to clinic today first time in three weeks, she's 9lb 14oz, which means she's only put on 10oz in three weeks, she's dropped off the line she was following on the weight chart.

I'm the first one to say that all babies are different and don't fit into charts necessarily so why am I worrying?

dont worry MM my sister got her little boy weighed and he is 12lb 8oz at 10 weeks(FF) erin is 14lb 8oz at 14 weeks (BF) and she looks huge compared to him! every baby is different and if she has grown longer then thats prob why she hasnt put on that much!
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Slow weight gain is only 1 sympton of something being wrong and if there was something wrong it would be showing in other ways too... But those lines on the weight chart hold some kind of magical power that makes us aspire to having 'average' babies... When else would we ever hope that our children are 'average'?!

Just woke Caitlyn up for a bath... She'd been asleep since 4... I didn't want another night like last night because she'd slept too long in the early evening... She's sitting on Daddy now making grunty noises at him... We got a little worried about her belly button earlier.. It's starting to come away and wasn't looking good... But I think it was the inside part that wasn't quite dried out... It has now and just looks as rank as the rest of it... I'll be so glad when the bloomin thing drops off... It looks so uncomfortable with the big clip stuck to it...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    Slow weight gain is only 1 sympton of something being wrong and if there was something wrong it would be showing in other ways too... But those lines on the weight chart hold some kind of magical power that makes us aspire to having 'average' babies... When else would we ever hope that our children are 'average'?!

Just woke Caitlyn up for a bath... She'd been asleep since 4... I didn't want another night like last night because she'd slept too long in the early evening... She's sitting on Daddy now making grunty noises at him... We got a little worried about her belly button earlier.. It's starting to come away and wasn't looking good... But I think it was the inside part that wasn't quite dried out... It has now and just looks as rank as the rest of it... I'll be so glad when the bloomin thing drops off... It looks so uncomfortable with the big clip stuck to it...

Elliot's stump made me feel a bit queesy/sick lol, luckily they don't take too long to dry up :)

keely.

ps-Anyone else's LO's love cats or dogs? Elliot keep going crazy over my parents cat, i've never seen a baby get so excited!
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Options
    krystal, seths stump did that, it stank too and i couldnt change him cos the smell made me gag! i thought when it came off it would be healed underneath, i didnt think it would be raw for some reason. but then logic does leave you completely in those early days lol. the midwife said its fine if it looks funny and smells but if you can smell it while in a different room to the baby and only then, then theres a problem so caitlyns probably fine :)
    she also said its more comfortable for the LO if you tuck a breast pad between the stump and the nappy
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

DD (born January 2012)
  • Lu_T
    Lu_T Posts: 906 Forumite
    Options
    Phew! Lots of chat.

Em - I haven't actually dropped the baby, but she did fall off her drawer-top change mat at about 7 months old and hit her head on the open drawer :eek: She'd just learnt to sit up and I'd finished getting her dressed ready to go to lunch with her fairy godmother. I bent over to choose some socks from her drawer and the nosy b*gger leant over to look at what I was doing and toppled over. She flashed before my eyes and luckily I caught her before she hit the floor, but she had such a HUGE dint in her head that I called an ambulance. All was fine and the paramedics didn't bat an eyelid. Apparently it happens all the time!

Can't remember who had the Fisher Price jungle thing, but is it really a swing for £30? I googled and the swings are nearer £100 but I can believe the bouncy chair is about £30. It's just we're looking for a bouncer for new baby and I'd seen the Fisher Price one, so if you love it then that might seal the decision. Any feedback on bouncy chairs gratefully received. I know Imogen loved the one she had as it had music and vibration settings, so I want something similar. TIA
    MSE Parent Club Member #1
    Yummy slummy mummy club member
    50% slummy, 50% mummy, 100% proud
    Imogen born Boxing Day 2006
    Alex born 13 July 2009
  • Lu_T
    Lu_T Posts: 906 Forumite
    Options
    MSE Parent Club Member #1
    Yummy slummy mummy club member
    50% slummy, 50% mummy, 100% proud
    Imogen born Boxing Day 2006
    Alex born 13 July 2009
  • cazscoob
    Options
    we had the FP rainforest one for charlie and it was great it had a waterfall bar with lovely noises etc that went over the top. sadly i sold the bouncer and swing before i knew i was preg with erin??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport