Comments

• cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    What's for you won't go past you
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    We had a basic bouncer, but a fisherprice swing :)
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening ladies.....
    keelykat wrote: »
    ps-Anyone else's LO's love cats or dogs? Elliot keep going crazy over my parents cat, i've never seen a baby get so excited!

Mine was doing strange shocked faces and giggling everytime we walked under a tree on the way to school this afternoon! :confused: Cats, fair enough - but getting excited at trees!

Well, after having marathon two hour feeds at bedtime this week, OH gave Violet a 6oz bottle of expressed at bedtime to give me a night off. She had this at 7, burped, then nuzzled into oh's chest screaming for boobie! So I went up at 8, and have just fed her for an hour! Can she possibly be that hungry?

She's asleep now, but if this week is anything to go by, she'll be up at 4. :eek:
    :beer:
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Caz, they are fantastic!!

Well, I woke Caitlyn at 7ish for the bath... Changed her fed her.. Managed to keep her awake for about an hour and then she went back to sleep again... Still asleep now... There is no way she's going to sleep tonight, and we're registering her at 9:30am then meeting my Nan and Aunt in the town... I could cry I really could...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Options
    hi ladies,

i tried to post last night, but caught up on everyone's posts and was then too tired to write my own.

my LO is asleep at the moment and i am debating whether to wake her for a change and feed becuase if i dont she will wake about 3am for a feed as she has been asleep since about 9pm (still a bit of a fight to get her to close her eyes).

she has been a bit tetchy yesterday and today. i dont think it's the heat. i had changed her formula back to 'normal' as opposed to hungry baby and also changed her to a variflow teat at the recommendation of the HV to get her to take fuller feeds. seeing how she has been though, i am putting her back on hungry baby as she seems happier. i am not worried about her weight as she is steadily increasing.

Krystal -- have a good cry, i usually find the bath a good place (i did a lot of crying in the bath when pregnant and after my little girl was born). it's a great release.

MFD - thanks so much for the link to Elle's update on Rhys. they are always in my thoughts.

Hmm...have got my appraisal at work in a few weeks (oh the joy) and then 12 week jabs of LO the next day.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Oh, does anyone have any suggestions on a good website or book on weaning. we are a little way off of course but i am curious.

xxx
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    angelfairy wrote: »
    Oh, does anyone have any suggestions on a good website or book on weaning. we are a little way off of course but i am curious.

xxx
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-led-Weaning-Helping-Your-Baby/dp/0091923808
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    poor you krystal if i could come take her for the night i would! just think a few weeks and she should be in a reg pattern!!

i want that cutlery just need to talk OH into it now:D
    What's for you won't go past you
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    Lu - Its Tine that has the FP rainforest thing I'm pretty sure it was £30 off ebay 2nd hand, hence being such a bargain price :D
    We've got the FP aquarium bouncer which has since been replaced by the rain forest range it held magical hypnotic powers over Chris so I doubt I'll ever get rid just in case we have another!!

Keely - Chris LOVES anything furry. We try to go to pets at home so he can watch the creatures for a bit - its like a mini zoo trip ;)

Well My due date has been and gone, just a waiting game now - eep! Think I better start getting more sleep while I can tho :o
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, I looked at that cutlery set and thought "Nightmare to wash up", but each to her own ...

For those who find baby is permanently attached to the boob, have you tried sticking a finger in their mouths and letting them suck on that? Of course it could be your OH's finger, if you need a break.

I swear DS1 had either my boob or a finger in his mouth for whole nights when he was small. I slept with one arm hanging out of the bed ... he'd wake up and howl if you removed it, but he didn't need food!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2009 at 2:15AM
    Options
    Hi all.. Just a quick update on Rhys in case you're not also reading on the Pregnancy Thread..

We've had good news in that the consultant we saw yesterday morning thinks Rhys is over the worst of his immediate problems and we now just have to hope he stays stable and wait to see what the longterm consequences will be. We know there will be some - potentially feeding problems and needing a wheelchair, they think - due to the lack of oxygen at birth.

He is now (as of an hour ago) off all the artificial nutrition and completely fed on expressed breastmilk :D I'm having a few problems keeping my supply up so I'm on an expressing mission tonight / tomorrow to try to kickstart things again.

He's picked up remarkably since last Thursday/Friday but they suspected an infection and started him on antibiotics which seem to have done the trick. Has just had the last dose of them so we're hoping the windy belly and watery poo will also sort itself out soon too.

Once there is room, there is also talk of moving him out of intensive care and into special care as he is no longer "critical" :) There are also more and more mentions of "..WHEN he goes home.." :D

Hope you and your little ones are all well.. :) xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport