MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Caz, she's feeding probably more for comfort if she's not feeling very well... Yes if she was bottle fed she wouldn't feed so much... But she'd probably be doing more of that screaming... I always marvelled at the booby's ability to stop tears in an instant... Especially when Aimee started toddling and was forever hurting herself... Just hang in there mate and it will be over before you know it... (Oh and I meant to say, first feed in the morning, have you tried sitting upright in bed but leaning back a little and having her lying up your body so she approaches the breast from underneath, sometimes the leaning back can help slow the flow down so she doesn't choke so much...)

I am getting extremely tired... Caitlyn appears to not need to sleep longer than 2/3 hours at a stretch, plus she has a wakeful period every other nap which meant last night I didn't get to sleep till 1 even though I lay on the bed to feed her at 10, she just didn't settle at all... And was then awake at 4 and again at 7... Wouldn't settle back off after that so I ended up getting up and reffereeing between hubby and Aimee who wasn't in the mood for getting ready for school... Feeling on the edge of tears at the moment... Might see if I can have a 5minute bath while hubby's left holding the baby... As long as he doesn't try and put her down...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Caz - It feels like Violet has been permanently attached to my boob again this week! I took her up for her bedtime feed last night at 7, and was still up there at 10! I surely must have been empty by then! She's also started waking at 4ish again - not sure if the heat is making her thirsty or if she's hungry.:confused: She's 17 weeks on Saturday, so if she carries on, i might try a bit of baby rice for tea see if that helps.
    Other than the mammoth bedtime feeds, she's been having lots more short feeds during the day - i'm guessing thats her needing a drink in the heat.

Krystal - I think i congratulated you - but if not - CONGRATULATIONS :T.
    What does Aimee think of her little sister? Is she being a little helper?

Emlou - I know how you feel! I've only been out twice in the 4 months :eek: that Violet has been here. First time was to a wedding evening with OH - i really didn't want to go - but was glad I did, i enjoyed some adult time! Luckily my mum is only 10 minutes away so she came and sat.
    And last Saturday I went out with the girls, while OH babysat. Again, the getting ready was an effort - but once I was out i enjoyed it.

And, am I the only one who hasn't dropped their baby! :eek:
    :beer:
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Krystal, I had and indeed have one of those babies. Have you got a sling you can feed her in? (I love my slings, seriously, I bunged Celia in one at ten weeks and we've never looked back!) It won't help the sleep so much but it might help chill her out and help you to wrestle (not literally) Aimee which might help chill her out too? (You can tie her on to Mr Krystal so you can have a bath/nap as well! Then he really can't put her down!)
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    thanks ladies just feel like im over feeding her sometimes(i know you cant really with BF) but when its the only thing that stops her screaming i have to do it?
    krystal my milk flow is really powerful if you put you hand in front when the milk starts you can feel the force in it lol! poor u it must be even harder with a baby that doesnt sleep:(
    well she is still sleeping and i have been up and down checking her but she is out cold? she went down at 11 but at 6 fed and back to sleep? i keep wanting to wake her but if shes ill would rather let her sleep!
    thats erin 15 weeks today where has the time went! i was looking at baby rice etc the other day 3 but walked away as i dont think she really needs it, buyt she also cluster feeds but sleeps hrough the night!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • cazscoob
    Options
    fritha does Celia go in her pram? just i have one of the slings and erin loves it but wont sit in her pram?
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cazscoob wrote: »
    thats erin 15 weeks today where has the time went! i was looking at baby rice etc the other day 3 but walked away as i dont think she really needs it, buyt she also cluster feeds but sleeps hrough the night!

Violet was sleeping through - til 6ish, but thats stopped this week! Its difficult to tell if its just thirst/heat or hunger waking her. Its a lot cooler today so i'll see how she sleeps tonight.

I was wondering last night if it was possible to over feed :confused: but then thought probably not as I assume I only make enough milk for what she needs!
    :beer:
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    We do have a sling, we got a baby hawk off ebay when I was pregnant, tbh while hubby's here its not too much of a hardship, he does all the running round while I sit and feed.... Next week will be interesting when he goes back to work!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• cazscoob
    Options
    its amazing how much time you can spend feeding some days though isnt it?
    erin is lying on the floor chatting away she will not sit in her bouncer or pram at all today lol!
    oh does anyone know if aldis take healthy start vouchers?
  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    My_Fathers_Daughter Posts: 8,691 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2009 at 1:51PM
    Options
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D

Now how do I put this in my sig... ;)

emlou - I agree with Sami too....but then again I have been out a five times in the last 7 weeks :eek:

Edit:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :T:T:T
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Options
    El seems fine after her bump yesterday, if there are any social workers stop reading now as El is really being abused at the mo. I was putting the cheese back in the fridge (integrated) and I caught her pinky in the hinge side if the door. I skinned and bruised it. Poor wee thing is being battered left right amd centre just now. Oh and the dog careered right into her this morning and knocked her over, luckily she is not walking yet so it was just from a sitting position!!!

Weezl Howz the DIY and garedning going

Caz I wondered that about Aldi to, as there fruit and veg is so cheap and it is normally really good to
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family