SKY HD New deal on website

Options

Comments

• Shatners_Bassoon
    Options
    Amazing that they are still charging the tenner a month when the likes of Freesat don't. I know there is more content on Sky HD but still it's a con.
  • saver789_2
    Options
    i was also given a leaflet about this deal - i'll check if it's exactly the same
  • kurjam
    kurjam Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    great offer but i agree, not going to pay an extra £10 for the same channels but in hd.
  • kurjam
    Options
    not sure when it expires, i had a look at the first link and decided to ring them as we couldnt get the deal without multi room (we already have this) we were offered the sky hd box on its own for £49 plus £30 instalation or we could get our sky+ box that we already have moved into a different room and get sky hd for just £49 to do this we have to pay an extra subscription of £10 a month for the multi room which we got reduced to £5 per month for 6 month and our oldest gets sky+ in his room until he goes to uni so everyone is happy, we are paying a bit more but getting more for our money as we had planned on another multi room anyway.

so in conclusion

sky Hd plus intallation £79 then £9.75 per month subscription
    or
    sky Hd plus multi room £49 plus £9.75 per month hd subscription plus £10 per month multi room subscription for 12 months, you can haggle the price of multi room and packages to get it cheaper

instead of sky Hd £199 plus £9.75 per month subscription

all can be cancelled after 12 months and any equipment is yours to keep

will you have sky hd and 2 extra sky+ boxes on a multi room subscription ??
    i currently have 2 sky+ boxes and fif not think i could have another box attached to my dish !!
  • lappish22
    Options
    I'd like a sky+ Hd box, but I don't want to pay an extra £10 a month! Till they remove that, I'll stick with what I've got!

Me too!!!!!
  • Beanbag
    Beanbag Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    I'm really tempted, even with the £10 a month, it's still cheaper than getting a freesat HD box, a couple of my friends have it and think it's definatly worth it, just have to see if I can justify with us all being in a Credit Crunch.

Also quite tempted to call up and say I want to cancel and see if they offer free install or money off my subscription.

Hmm, isn't there a 9-10 week wait as well, so do you have to pay for it now and wait til it's installed or do you pay when it's been installed, if you know what I mean!
  • 5_princesses
    Options
    kurjam wrote: »
    will you have sky hd and 2 extra sky+ boxes on a multi room subscription ??
    i currently have 2 sky+ boxes and fif not think i could have another box attached to my dish !!

Hi, at the moment we have sky+ in the lounge and sky+ in the bedroom & pay an extra £10 for multi room

when we get the HD box that will go into the lounge & the sky+ will be moved into kids bedroom so yes we will have 3 boxes alltogether HD in the lounge & 2 seperate sky+ in 2 seperate bedrooms, but remember we will then be paying £20 per month multi room & £9.75 per month HD

we took this offer up because we had planned to get it anyway but were waiting for the right time so for us a good deal & has saved us some cash, not so good if you didnt actually want it but if you do i would hurry as you are placed on a waiting list because of high demand

Dont forget you can always try haggle the prices for monthly subscriptions & packages, we always get something off and no we dont have sky broadband or phone but discounts are there to be had anyway they just wont tell you if you dont ask
    :j2 years smoke free :j
    :eek: now to lose the extra 4 stone :eek:
  • 5_princesses
    Options
    Beanbag wrote: »
    I'm really tempted, even with the £10 a month, it's still cheaper than getting a freesat HD box, a couple of my friends have it and think it's definatly worth it, just have to see if I can justify with us all being in a Credit Crunch.

Also quite tempted to call up and say I want to cancel and see if they offer free install or money off my subscription.

Hmm, isn't there a 9-10 week wait as well, so do you have to pay for it now and wait til it's installed or do you pay when it's been installed, if you know what I mean!

you pay for it when its installed, i also think that later the price will go back to £199 so if you had planned on it anyway then you can save yourself something, of course i could be completly wrong and they might all be free next year lol
    :j2 years smoke free :j
    :eek: now to lose the extra 4 stone :eek:
  • kurjam
    Options
    thanks for that, my son wants sky in his room so might be worth it, even though i dont agree with the multiroom charge, as we already have sky+ in lounge and bedroom, so we too woul dend up paying £20 multiroom charges....
    do you pay the charges today when ordering the sky hd or do they add it to your current sky bills...
  • Beanbag
    Beanbag Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    you pay for it when its installed, i also think that later the price will go back to £199 so if you had planned on it anyway then you can save yourself something, of course i could be completly wrong and they might all be free next year lol

Ahh, gonna get hubby to phone up, just need to convince him first!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure