SKY HD New deal on website

Options
I can't see where this has been mentioned before so apologies if it has.

http://www.sky.com/hdupgrade/?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_hdupgrade

Sky HD now £49 for existing customers with free installation if you take multiroom or £49 + £30 install. On line offer gives you 1 month HD subscription free (£9.75).

You will only be able to register for the deal (on line or by phone) and be placed on a waiting list.

If done on line you will then be offered Sky talk half price for 6 months of the 12 month contract.

I don't want to get into a debate about Sky's charges, if you're after Sky HD it seems now is a good time to get it.

Comments

• peterallen
    Options
    go to Sky.com/myoffer

installation is free i think with that page, i got it yesterday from another link on here:rotfl:

This is for new customers too.... nice deal sky
  • 5_princesses
    Options
    great spot, its about time sky gave something to existing customer,
    we have now got our sky hd ordered, hubby is pleased with the deal so we are all happy, thanks :beer:
    :j2 years smoke free :j
    :eek: now to lose the extra 4 stone :eek:
  • mstar
    mstar Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    when does the offer expire??? and which url should i choose for an existing customer???
  • nikkit72
    nikkit72 Posts: 2,458 Forumite
    Options
    Dont forget that little Thanks button , only takes a sec
  • 5_princesses
    Options
    mstar wrote: »
    when does the offer expire??? and which url should i choose for an existing customer???

not sure when it expires, i had a look at the first link and decided to ring them as we couldnt get the deal without multi room (we already have this) we were offered the sky hd box on its own for £49 plus £30 instalation or we could get our sky+ box that we already have moved into a different room and get sky hd for just £49 to do this we have to pay an extra subscription of £10 a month for the multi room which we got reduced to £5 per month for 6 month and our oldest gets sky+ in his room until he goes to uni so everyone is happy, we are paying a bit more but getting more for our money as we had planned on another multi room anyway.

so in conclusion

sky Hd plus intallation £79 then £9.75 per month subscription
    or
    sky Hd plus multi room £49 plus £9.75 per month hd subscription plus £10 per month multi room subscription for 12 months, you can haggle the price of multi room and packages to get it cheaper

instead of sky Hd £199 plus £9.75 per month subscription

all can be cancelled after 12 months and any equipment is yours to keep
    :j2 years smoke free :j
    :eek: now to lose the extra 4 stone :eek:
  • Iamstressed
    Options
    :rolleyes: Is it really worth having HD?:confused:
    Sky Sports HD channels depend on your Sky TV package.
    Sky Movies/Disney Cinemagic HD channels depend on your Sky TV package.
    Channel 4 HD requires a valid viewing card.

We dont have movies or sport :rolleyes:
    and looking at the short list of 31 HD channels
    theres only a couple which we would watch
    http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyproducts/skytv/skyhd/whatcaniwatch
    £9.75 per month extra subscription just to watch a couple of programmes:eek:

Luxe TV HD, Channel 4 HD and BBC HD are available without any subscriptions.
    :jThink we will wait a while till theres more to watch....
    :) If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours, :)

:) It wont cost you anything! :)
  • Harveycat_2
    Harveycat_2 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    I have a theory that sooner or later Sky will waive the monthly subscription charge for HD.

Freesat has HD channels? Why would Sky get away with continuing to charge?

I fancy HD if only to make full use of our HD ready TV but I'm reluctant to enter into a 12 month contract only to have them waive the charge a couple of months after I sign-up and have committed to continue paying £10 a month for the remainder of the contract.

Mind you I guess if they do waive the subscription then they would probably offset this by putting the price of the box back up again so it may be a case of swings and roundabouts?

I can't decide what to do for the best?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gazfaz wrote: »
    I have a theory that sooner or later Sky will waive the monthly subscription charge for HD.

I fancy HD if only to make full use of our HD ready TV but I'm reluctant to enter into a 12 month contract only to have them waive the charge a couple of months after I sign-up and have committed to continue paying £10 a month for the remainder of the contract.

Mind you I guess if they do waive the subscription then they would probably offset this by putting the price of the box back up again so it may be a case of swings and roundabouts?

I'm going to wait,i'm already paying £60 odd a month already,i can live without it
  • decembers_spawn
    Options
    Gazfaz wrote: »

As happened with Sky+, as soon as the charge is waived, this would be for all customers :)

Once a promo like this comes along, it's the time to jump on the bandwagon, and make the most of the time at this price.

I upgraded 6 months ago, when I got the £75 offer. Yes, it cost me more, and I'm contracted to the full package, but I've enjoyed 6 months of HD stuff.

I would say that HD isn't really worth it unless you're taking Movies and Sports though; not yet anyway
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like a sky+ Hd box, but I don't want to pay an extra £10 a month! Till they remove that, I'll stick with what I've got!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure