Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• The_Bloodster
    Options
    Orange will not let you order their broadband until you have the MAC.You,ll have to wait until then.It,s not too bad you,ve only got to wait for few days and when you call Madasafish be prepared for them as they try their best to put you off migrating!

Just come back to this thread and remembered this post!!

I missed cancelling the broadband with MAAF on Friday as i called after 6. So I thought I'd give it a go and try to email them, this is their response:
    Thank you for contacting Madasafish Customer Services.

With regards to your query, I'm sorry to hear that you wish to leave our services. So that we can improve our offering, may I please ask why you are leaving?

Perhaps we could offer you a better alternative, to convince you to stay with Madasafish?What if I were to offer you the Madasafish broadband package for £13.99 per month? If you wish to take up this offer, please reply to this e-mail requesting for me to make the necessary changes to your account for you.

Unfortunately, I can not accept a cancellation request by email. Would you please contact our Customer Services team on 0844 395 0830 (4p/min at any time of day). Lines open 9am-6pm 7 days a week. We will be able to process your request after a brief security check.

Just a link about Orange that I thought might intrigue you... https://www.orangeproblems.co.uk .

Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to e-mail us or contact us on 0844 395 0830 (4p/min at any time of day). Lines open 9am-6pm 7 days a week.

Thought this was interesting and I will be giving them a ring tomorrow to cancel as obviously if I go with orange i'll be saving £14 a month!!
  • BigV_2
    BigV_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I think I've found the best possible deal. I've just moved into my place, I've got an Orange phone (£19/month) & I'm not going to use landline unless its free.

https://www.onecompare.com are offering a £7/month 18-month contract via cashback so I have to pay Orange £30/month but I get it back from the seller. That entitles me to get Orange broadband.

As for the phone line rental, I might as well go for madasafish, their slightly cheaper than BT (£10/month) and offer free evening & weekend calls as standard.

The only problem I can see is in porting my number from one orange contract to another. Would I have any difficulties in porting from my current contract to a pay as u go sim and then port it to the new contract?

If anyone could help me with the last bit that would be great.
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    With Orange did people find its worth going for the Livebox option? I only regulary download 1gb a month and 2mb speed is fine with me!!

Is it worth the extra fiver?!
  • Pollypocket_3
    Options
    With Orange did people find its worth going for the Livebox option? I only regulary download 1gb a month and 2mb speed is fine with me!!

Is it worth the extra fiver?!

I was already with ORANGE and upgraded to the Livebox option. My computer is not wireless and do not use the wireless option at present for anything else and I dont download a lot. Main reason for upgrading to the livebox was for the free telephone calls to 01 and 02 numbers and calls to Spain (husband regularly chats to his mate in Spain for 2 hours or more).

So for me, yes it was worth the extra money - saved loads of money on phone calls.

The only downside I found was that it took 2 months for my livebox to get here due to various !!!! ups at Oranges end. (FREEPHONE number for customer services is 0800 316 1012). This was before christmas and they had no stock of liveboxes at first probably ok delivering now.

If you are already with Orange try phoning to get a deal - I have heard of people getting cheaper deals or saying they are going to cancel then being offered livebox for the same price as their present package.
  • sam_jm
    sam_jm Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got my livebox, can anyone recommend a good laptop card to purchase to go with it?
    Mo Money Mo Problems
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport