Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options

Comments

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :mad: Has anybody else had the problem with obtaining a MAC code from Orange? Orange are charging me £12 for the privilage. I was sent one in December but this expired before my new provider was ready to transfer me over. I have contacted Orange today to ask for another but have been told that I will be charged £12 for a second MAC code. I aired my disgust to the poor girl at the other end, but got the usual about company policy. Surely this can't be legal? Has anybody else had this or has anyone found a way of getting it refunded. I can feel a complaint letter coming on!
    i believe it costs them to produce a MAC code so although its not nice, it is justfied, to be mean its not their fault you didnt use it
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • reehsetin
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hilary1 wrote:
    Can you have Orage broadband when you are NTL then?
    you have to have a BT landline installed to get it
  • reehsetin
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    C_Ronaldo wrote:
    you need to have a mobile phone contratc which is £35 or more
    £30 or more not £35
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    Orange will not let you order their broadband until you have the MAC.You,ll have to wait until then.It,s not too bad you,ve only got to wait for few days and when you call Madasafish be prepared for them as they try their best to put you off migrating!

Thanks

Bring them on as they can't beat free broadband and given the connection problems i've been having the last week or so they have no chance!!
  • time_for_heroes
    Options
    Hi guys, wondering if you can help.

I am very interested in Oranges broadband unlimited deal which gives you unlimited 8mb broadband and all calls, plus wifi router for £19.99 /month.

I don't have an orange mobile or vodafone and I cannot get Talk Talk.

Checking a few of the reviews people seem to be dissing it a fair bit, but they mostly seem to be those migrating from the old wannado.

Can anyone recommend Orange? I don't want to commit myself if it is going to be poor!
  • colin79666
    colin79666 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk

They are the worst - avoid!
  • euglycaemia
    Options
    Hi guys, wondering if you can help.

I am very interested in Oranges broadband unlimited deal which gives you unlimited 8mb broadband and all calls, plus wifi router for £19.99 /month.

I don't have an orange mobile or vodafone and I cannot get Talk Talk.

Checking a few of the reviews people seem to be dissing it a fair bit, but they mostly seem to be those migrating from the old wannado.

Can anyone recommend Orange? I don't want to commit myself if it is going to be poor!

Hai I am with Orange for Second year!

No problem so far! I have 2 computers at home and so it is very useful with wireless adapter.
    The service is good..no hang ups
    Free land line calls to UK numbers 24 hours a day.
    For calling 0845/0870 you can get 01/02 number from saynoto0870.com
    In addition you can make free calls to 100 countries! USA/all european countries/malaysia/china etc

Overall it is working fine with me.

Any thing more you need?:o
  • you_llneverwalkalone
    Options
    30111987 wrote:
    http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk

They are the worst - avoid!

I,m with Orange and so far i,ve not had any problems with them!!
  • tsol
    tsol Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Been with 3 months and have not had any issues at all, in fact they have been v.good so far.

Name me an isp with no disgruntled customers? probably dont have (m)any customers!

Sometimes its just pot luck my friend.
    I think my monitor's running out of ink....
  • peterg1965
    peterg1965 Posts: 2,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am also with Orange, mobile and broadband, have been with Freeserve/wanadoo/Orange for about 6 years, they have always been OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure