Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options

Comments

• neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    If you use a mobile quite a lot and are with orange at the moment for broadband, it would seem to make sense to change mobile contract to them.You will definately save money........Neil
  • retsbed
    Options
    First check if you can get out of your contract with 3 and check the details re BB with orange.

I switched to Orange (Dolphin) about a month ago and got the following for £35 p/m:
    Magic number
    600 xnet anytime mins
    Unlimited texts
    Free BB

and I haven't looked back :p

I get free evening and weekend calls through my orange livebox and I also have free eve & weekend calls on my landline through Primus with no monthly subscription. I therefore pay BT their monthly subscription and the only other cost is my mobile subscription... so yes it is possible to save some hard earned dosh:cool:
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a wireless connection and you may have to purchase the wireless adaptor at a cost of about £27 if I remember rightly and you have to have an 18 month mobile contract.

I considered it but as I have my mobile on a 100% cashback deal I didn't want to commit myself to an 18 month contract as this will cost me money. Instead I rang AOL and asked them to reduce my monthly charge which they did to £9.99. This is the cheaper option for me when I combine my mobile and BB the cost is just £9.99 per month.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • retsbed
    retsbed Posts: 346 Forumite
    Options
    Poppy9 wrote:
    It's a wireless connection and you may have to purchase the wireless adaptor at a cost of about £27 if I remember rightly and you have to have an 18 month mobile contract.

You can choose between wireless and ethernet.

Yes it is an 18 month contract.
  • chris123
    Options
    hi
    we have now got our BB with orange.
    18 month contract which suits us fine
    the 3 phone contract has all but finished
    we have more free minutes with orange
    200 text a month
    3000 minutes a month to our magic number
    faster BB at 8 meg
    live box for free landline calls ( must admit don't know much about this )
    it was £20 for wireless but they gave me that for free
    so all in all i don't think this is a bad deal as we have contract phones anyway and now free BB saving £17.99 a month
    hope this helps others
  • retsbed
    retsbed Posts: 346 Forumite
    Options
    It's a great feeling this money saving thing isn't it!!

Well done Chris123 :j
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    got a question

have a friend who's on this deal and the only way i can get thru to his landline is if i was to ring an 0845 number.i get my calls free so havent rung his landline for a few mths.why cant one just dial the normal number?
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    Options
    I've just signed up for a 12 month Orange contract, paying £30/month with 100% cashback. I phoned up Orange to ask if I was elligible and they said yes I was.

I see on the Orange website it says an 18 month contract is needed. Does this mean if I signed up for this I would start an 18 month contract, and pay £30 a month for the 6 months? That works out at £180 for the remaining 6 months but £10 a month over 18 months.

Have I got this right, anyway of getting it cheaper? I may be signing up for Sky soon so should I go with them instead?
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    echo wrote:
    got a question

have a friend who's on this deal and the only way i can get thru to his landline is if i was to ring an 0845 number.i get my calls free so havent rung his landline for a few mths.why cant one just dial the normal number?

That's b@llox. He's not got it set up right. You should be able to call his ordinary number. Tell the skinflint to buy a second phone or set his Thomson (as that's what it is) hardware up properly!

We've got Orange BB in the 'work' house and I can phone the other half on either number. Naturally I prefer to use the normal BT number as it's free from my (overpriced) BT Broadband Talk thing.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Options
    Pound wrote:
    I've just signed up for a 12 month Orange contract, paying £30/month with 100% cashback. I phoned up Orange to ask if I was elligible and they said yes I was.

I see on the Orange website it says an 18 month contract is needed. Does this mean if I signed up for this I would start an 18 month contract, and pay £30 a month for the 6 months? That works out at £180 for the remaining 6 months but £10 a month over 18 months.

Have I got this right, anyway of getting it cheaper? I may be signing up for Sky soon so should I go with them instead?

You are in a similar position to me. All you need to do to get the free orange BB is not cancel your orange contract at the end of the 12 months (which is what I normally do as I too do cashbacks). This means then you have to pay 6 months line rental to get your free broadband. As you said this will cost you £180 and what happens if you then leave orange for a new cashback deal?

We decided to stay with AOL. AOL now only charge us £10 per month so over a year that's just £120, cheaper than the Orange deal.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure