Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options

Comments

• echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    withabix

all you get when you ring is the ringing tone.he has two landline fones already so what's he doing wrong?
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    I started a thread a bit back about the Orange deal.
    I've upgraded and taken the Dolphin deal on the 18months contract but didn't take the broadband offer, mainly because Wanadoo cap their download limit and i didn't want capped broadband.
    Even though it's an 18month contract if you don't mind staying with Orange you can upgrade your phone after 12 months (9 on a 12 month contract)
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    echo wrote:
    withabix

all you get when you ring is the ringing tone.he has two landline fones already so what's he doing wrong?

phone him on his mobile and tell him you'e going to phone his landline. When you're ringing tell him to pick it up and see if you're there just to make sure the call is getting through.
  • echo
    Options
    tried but he's not picking his moby up.so when i do ring the landline and he doesnt hear me,what does that tell you? last time i rang he said it doesnt ring @ his end ( that was month's ago)
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    maybe he doesn't like you.
    if you ring him and his phone doesn't ring but you're there when he answers it then you know you are actually connecting to him. From there i'd suggest unplugging the computer from the phone point and all that and seeing what happens... just to narrow down the possibilities.
  • echo
    Options
    trying now
  • echo
    Options
    well i didnt get him to pick the fone up but it didnt ring @ t'other end.he thought i was going mad i'm sure.so he's gonna read the bits that came with the set up.he had wanadoo BB then changed over for the deal and then he went wireless.he was under the impression people could only ring using the 0845 number.now i'm stressed.

so any pointers as to what he can do next?
  • pboae
    pboae Posts: 2,719 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am with Orange and I'm due to upgrade my handset in a couple of weeks, I pay over £30 a month anyway, so I can get the free Broadband offer.

At the moment I'm with Plus.net and they are brilliant, really can't fault the service at all, but it seems a bit daft to be paying out £15 a month when I can get it free. On the other hand, Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve/etc have such a dire reputation that I'm really not sure it's worth it. What's the point in having free Broadband if it's unusable?

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you decide to do?

Has anyone made the change to Orange? Do you wish you'd carried on paying instead?
    When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.
  • l_i_s_a
    l_i_s_a Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I was in a similar situation to you also. I was with Telewest but paying over 30 pounds a month on my orange mobile so I went for the free broadband offer when it started up. I needed to get a BT landline for this. I had to renew my contract for a further 18 months, but I had just had an upgrade so I didn't mind. I have found the Orange broadband pretty good and reasonably reliable (there was a problem recently where the system went down for 24hrs but no problems in the months before this). Another good feature is the wireless function which frees up my laptop. You also get free evening and weekend calls (landline) if you plug a phone into the livebox. The setup was easy to do but to get the wireless working initially was a nightmare...although this could have been the fact that I do not generally get on with these things!
    In total it is saving me 17.99 pm on broadband and another 4-5 pm on free eve and weekend calls which I was paying for on Telewest.
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BT the gits have started charging us for going over our download limit even tho we're ment to be unlimtied, rang them yday to ask about the max package they told me the fair useage on the new max package is 1000gb
    asked them for it in writing and its on its way wooohooo (hopefully it comes) as soon as i have that letter we're changing
    £90 worth of charges from BT for going over - gits
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family