Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options
Hello,

There is an offer if you are orange pay monthly customer paying atleast 25£ per month. You can get Wanadoo broadband for just 9.99£.

:mad:

Comments

• kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the offer referred to is here:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/offer/dualplay

Kev
  • Stubbsy5050
    Options
    Don't even think about Wanadoo.

We rely on internet contact with friends and family abroad. Our 18 year old is at university in the USA.

My home broadband connection failed in December so I rang Wanadoo and was promised reconnection by Christmas Eve. By January we were still disconnected. Wanadoo blamed BT. I made over 40 national rate phone calls before Customer Services in India admitted it was Wanadoo's problem all along and that they had done nothing to correct it. I cancelled my subscription.

However the problems continued when I tried to sign up to a new ISP.
    Wanadoo refused to give me a MAC code to transfer to another provider and for over a month now they have blocked my BT line so no other broadband supplier can use it.

Wanadoo also sent me a Hotmail message asking me why I was cancelling. I completed the online form and sent it back via the holink on the form. Surprise, surprise - it bounced back with "No such address"!

Wanadoo have dsiplayed corporate incompetence, malice and mendacity, and I would advise anybody to avoid them like the plague. I have of course made a formal complaint to Ofcom.
  • sand-not-oil
    Options
    I am an Orange mobile user with a 30 pound account which enables me to sign up for free broadband, but my problem is that Orange broadband is freeserve/wanadoo, and I have heard about problems in the past.

I currently have NTL broadband & phone.
    I pay
    24.99 for the broadband
    11.00 line rental (and have no phone benefits/specials therefore I pay for my calls averaging 8-20 per month)

If I switch to Orange I will have to switch back to BT (I think I should be able to reconnect for free if I read their website right).
    BT=11.00 line rental with free weekend calls
    Therefore I would in effect be saving 24.99 per month (299.88 per year)

This seems like a money saving no brainer except that I have been really happy with my ntl broadband service so far. I don't download much, but do upload to my websites quite a bit and need a regular, reliable connection. I use an apple imac running 9.2, and the orange info seems to say that it can cope technically (this was one of the reasons for going to NTL in the first place, because no one else did apple macs at the time).

I would really like to know if anyone else out there has swapped and how is it going, or if you are a orange/wanadoo/ freeserve customer can you tell me what the service is like, especially anyone who uses a mac.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • frugglewump
    frugglewump Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Yes I'd like to know that too - especially as the Orange CS I spoke to about upgrading said the free broadband offer will finish at the end of september.
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • poopscoop
    poopscoop Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I migrated from Demon and have not had any problems so far. Wireless box looks nice also :)
  • rutter_2
    Options
    Same here, Only downer is that I was getting ADSL Max with ID Net but only 2mb with Orange but all fine at the moment.
  • moneysavingme_2
    Options
    You can only use orange's own smtp server, i only found out today and now i'm really mad.
  • rrwfotr
    rrwfotr Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    You can only use orange's own smtp server, i only found out today and now i'm really mad.

What issues problems does this cause..
  • moneysavingme_2
    Options
    It means if you want to send emails from an email account other than your orange email account you have to use the web based email rather than outlook.
  • Gem+Dave+Kaci
    Options
    We've just signed up to Orange broadband and apart from having a few gripes with my wireless adapter, it has been great so far.

If anyone is considering getting an Orange contract out just to get the broadband, it's worth buying a contract with cashback as there's a few good deals out there at the mo.

For example:- I went through quidco to https://www.buymobilephones.com and bought a Motorola L6 on an 18 month contract on Racoon 30 (you need to sign up to a new 18 month contract to get the free broadband offer) that included 16 months free line rental. I then signed up for the broadband 2 days after I received the phone. ;)

So.... my initial outlay was £0, my monthly cost is £30 which I'll claim back in installments (apart from the last 2 months), and I got back £20 from Quidco for going through them!!

So altogether a total of £40 for 18 months broadband and mobile phone rental!! ;) (Which was made even sweeter when I found out Orange are offering 1000 free texts a month for the whole 18 months at the mo!!)

Dunno if I'm allowed to post it here but buymobilephones also offer £20 if you refer a friend so if anyone here wants to be referred I'll happily give you half of the £20 meaning it'll only cost you £30 overall! :D PM me for more details....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure