Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options

Comments

• mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Beware that there is still an ongoing debate about whether free Orange broadband is available with contracts from cashback operators.

The general consensus is that yes, you will get the broadband taps turned on, but in doing so, Orange will 'restart' your contract with themselves. This means that, as far as Buy Mobile Phones is concerned, you have cancelled your phone contract and hence are not eligible for cashback.

There's a lot of confusion, and you may well get told 'no problem' but there's no way of knowing until you try to claim cashback.

FWIW (very little, I imagine) I asked about the same thing in my local branch of The Link. He said that there was 'no way' I would get Orange BB if I signed up through them and directed me to the Orange shop round the corner.
  • Sobraon
    Sobraon Posts: 325 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gem+Dave+Kaci mentioned they bought a phone via www.buymobilephones.com as did I. They very specifically allows you to specify the free broadband product as part of the order here is a snip from my order confirmation:

Your order number #XXXXX consisting of the following has been shipped
    ===================================================

1 x Motorola U6 Pebl on Orange Canary £30 (18mths) + 500 Texts
    Code: peblcanary3018 Price: £0.00 Total: £0.00

FREE Orange Broadband up to 8Meg: New broadband connection - £0.00 per month
    Free Gift: 14 Months FREE Line Rental
    Port this Number: XXXXXXXXXX

===================================================
    I think I might seem them in the small claims court if they say I can't claim cashback with the Broadband deal.;)
  • sand-not-oil
    Options
    It means if you want to send emails from an email account other than your orange email account you have to use the web based email rather than outlook.

Does this mean that you only get one e-mail address per account, because with NTL I have one for me, one for my hubby and 4 others relating to other bits and pieces (I'm a bit dim about this), that all can be accessed through Outlook Express.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • poopscoop
    poopscoop Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It means if you want to send emails from an email account other than your orange email account you have to use the web based email rather than outlook.

to send emails using a non-orange email account you just set the smtp server to 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk' in Outlook
  • greytroot
    greytroot Posts: 619 Forumite
    Options
    I am looking at getting a new phone next month and was wondering if I got my phone from e2save or other would i still get the free broadband?

Thanks for any help. Of course i will activate thanks button.
    You cant take the trousers off an elephant!
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    greytroot wrote:
    I am looking at getting a new phone next month and was wondering if I got my phone from e2save or other would i still get the free broadband?

Thanks for any help. Of course i will activate thanks button.

Have a trawl thought this thread.

Basically the cashback via a dealer is entirely separate.

HTH

;)
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Gemma32_2
    Options
    I was thinking of getting the Free Broadband offer with Orange as I am on a eligible tarrif and would save myself £18.99 a month which is what I currently pay for BT Broadband. Before I go ahead with it I was wondering if anyone else had any experience taking up this offer. Any pros or cons or advice, things to watch out for? I know I have to restart my 18 month mobile phone contract with Orange to get this offer but are there any more catches that I am not aware of. Has anyone experienced any problems with getting it set up, availability in their area, download speeds? I would appreciate any advice or comments that you may have.
  • alchemistkevin
    Options
    search on the forums, there's been a number of threads with discussions on the orange broadband offer
  • chris123
    Options
    if i change my mobile phone contract with 3 and get the same deal with orange they will give me free broadband. i have looked on MSE and no one seems to be talking about this, am i missing somthing here. same contract as 3 free calls to my magic number, which is to another orange phone, unlimeted texts and i save £17.99 a month. as martin says to choose the right mobile phone contract is like winning the lottery however this does sound good.

anybody else got any thoughts on this.

i must point out i am an existing customer with wanadoo ( orange)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure