Orange and Wanadoo Broadband Offer (merged)

Options

Comments

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they lied, fair useage isnt 1000gb on the orange unlimited broadband, i cant find it anywhere in their t+c's
    boss at work says its 50gb but whenever i chat to them they say 30gb
    anyone else know for sure?
    its the simplest bloody thing
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Woozy_2
    Options
    They simply have to be the worst ISP known to man!

Here is my story, our internet got disconnected on Christmas Day, in fairness it wasn't the 1st time and we just presumed it was similar problems to what happended back in October see link:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6058154.stm

We reported the problem on 27 December 2006, they told us to reset factory settings on our livebox still nothing so we was told to call back in 24hours as they carried out a line test. The next day we called We were then told that a possible fault on the line had been identified and they are awaiting an update from the engineers. We were told the exact same thing every single day up untill 31/12/2006, we were promised call backs from supervisors that never materialised. We decided we were no longer satisified with being fobbed off by pathetic excuses. They claimed that it was a problem with BT then it we was told it was problem with LLU and that they have no way of contacting the Engineers as its a fault on our line we just have to wait for them to report back and there is no timescale for how long this would take.

With this I put in a formal complaint and requested to speak a supervisor in tech support to authorise a cancellation as we would otherwise have to pay a cancellation fee as our contract ends in March. From this point forward it became impossible to speak to a supervisor, Out of more than 15 attempts I got through to one supervisor called "Danny" who hung up on me when I said it was unacceptable that we kept getting the same response and no update on the situation.

Increasingly I found the behaviour of their call centre staff shocking and apalling, they were rude, talked over me, refused to give surnames as it was not company policy and said they had no team numbers! When i mentioned that I would like to speak to a supervisor the line would all of a sudden go dead or they would say they are putting me through and I would be on hold for 10-15 minutes at a time and then get cut off or I was simply promised a call back during a specific time which never happened

Then yesterday eventually after spending an nearly an hour on the hold and speaking to an advisor Jenny she puts me through to a supervisor called Andy. I said I had registered a formal complaint and still nothing had been done. His tone was incredibly condecending. I requested we cancel our cancel contract and go our seperate ways and that I believed they were in breach of contract for not providing a service. He patronisingly told me to read the terms and conditions and that it would take as long as it takes to fix the problem, until they hear from the elusive engineers there is nothing than can be done. We carried on like this for about 15 minutes and then he said that our account had been regraded in December and that if we wanted to cancel it would cost £278. He started to laugh on the phone and when I said don't play around with me he said "I would like to play around with you" He was simply trying to get me off the phone, he made up the lie as our account had not been regraded as we had not requested this and it could not be done without or consent although he was adamant this had been done, when I called back customer service he confirmed that our contract runs out in March not December.

The way the technical support staff at Orange treat customers is abysmal, for so called supervisors to behavour in the manner they do, by hanging up on people and playing mind games to get people off the phone and not deal with issues is shocking. I am disgusted with Orange and would like to expose them for the lying crooks they are! do not have anything to do with this company whether it is mobile phones or internet, if we had known Wanadoo were gonna get taken over by Orange we would never have joined in the first place!

It looks like we will have to pay in excess of £60 to remove their marker from our line and even then I have heard horror stories of people cancelling with orange and then they refuse to remove their marker!
    Please visit https://www.orangeproblems.co.uk for more information about this disgraceful company, thats correct I think it is true that it can be said Orange is the only ISP to have a website dedicated to their shockingly poor customer service I am not alone!
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    I have got a Orange contract phone and I believe you are supposed to be able to get free broadband. Does anyone know about this and is it any good. My broadband service contract ends in March and was thinking of saving myself £17 a month
  • georgeyoggy
    Options
    hiya :)
    I changed to orange from aol and am more than happy :) We decided to pay the extra £5 for up to 8meg. Livebox came within 7 days. Couple of our friends are on the free broadband and are happy too ( this why we chose them!)
    hth
    georgeyoggy :)
  • pknottm
    pknottm Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've also got the free Wireless Livebox and I never have a problem connecting or with download speeds. There weren't any major problems setting it up, and I've also recently moved house with no problems!

I think it's extremely good value as I signed up to an Orange 12 month free line rental (via cashback to CoolNewMobile), and using quidco for an extra £35 cashback! In effect I'm getting paid £35 to have a mobile for a year (400 anytime cross network, 100 texts per month) and free wireless broadband thrown in!! :T

The deal states you should be on a 18 month mobile contract, but I'm definitely only on a 12 month contract!
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    yes you get the standard broadband (worth 14.99) included with tariffs of £30 or more - then if you want to pay another £5 you get broadband unlimited - which is the livebox - so you can make unlimited 01 and 02 & international phone calls.

Im hoping to do this - seeing as i got let down with talk talk!

pknottm - thats good on the 12 mnth contract! - how did you get orange to give you the broadband? did they just not realise? if so, i might try that as i dont really want an 18 month one
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got an Orange 18 month contract in December (Dolphin) and ticked for the free broadband when I ordered online.

I haven't heard a dicky bird from them about the BB so what would I have to do?
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Im not sure - thats the tariff i was interested in and was gonna order online too.

have you tried phoning them? (i think the free number is 0800 74 74 74 - rather than the 0870)

(gosh i sound like i work for them dont i - well i have been doing some research before getting stung again like with Talk Talk!)
  • Bustersmummy
    Options
    :mad: Has anybody else had the problem with obtaining a MAC code from Orange? Orange are charging me £12 for the privilage. I was sent one in December but this expired before my new provider was ready to transfer me over. I have contacted Orange today to ask for another but have been told that I will be charged £12 for a second MAC code. I aired my disgust to the poor girl at the other end, but got the usual about company policy. Surely this can't be legal? Has anybody else had this or has anyone found a way of getting it refunded. I can feel a complaint letter coming on!
  • you_llneverwalkalone
    Options
    I have got a Orange contract phone and I believe you are supposed to be able to get free broadband. Does anyone know about this and is it any good. My broadband service contract ends in March and was thinking of saving myself £17 a month

I have just signed up with Orange on the Racoon 18mth contract for a SE850i on 17 mths half price deal through the link and today i signed up with Orange for the broadband for free with no problems...

I could not get the FREE broadband with TalkTalk or Sky and i,m not in a NTL area so to be able to get this deal WITH all the cashback for 17.50pm is great as i was paying my last ISP 14pm just for broadband alone! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure