We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheapest iPhone discussion

Options

Comments

• pardal51
    pardal51 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Louisa2010 wrote: »
    not sure if u can take a refurb if ur not an existing customer...??!!
    You can get the 3G 18mth/£30...It is on their home page......I would like to get a bit cheaper than that......Problem is that I am only BB customer at the moment.
  • MR_J_5
    MR_J_5 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2010 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Sorted. Woohoo.
    16gb 3GS in white FOC (refurb)300 mins
    unlimited texts/data/wifi
    18 month contract
    £28 p c m

Strike now while they're in stock.

One other thing I would say is that everyone I have spoke to at O2 has been very helpful, polite and professional and other than having a shortage of stock which on a refurb product like this is understandable, they could not have been better to deal with. The only slight criticism I could make would be if I had followed the guys advice and phoned back tomorrow I might have missed them but I think that is just how the stock comes onto the screens, the staff at retentions just don't know as it is outside their control. If you want the deal, sometimes you have to work for it. :)
  • ANewBeginning
    Options
    Woo flipping hoo!!!

16gb 3GS in black FREE OF CHARGE
    600 mins
    18 month contract
    £32 per month (I pay £30 now for 600 mins and 1000 texts with a really naff phone)

Result!!

Am doing my happy dance :j:T:rotfl::beer:
  • ANewBeginning
    Options
    By the way - I was told they were going like hot cakes - so get in fast!!

Good luck!!!!
  • tj2010
    tj2010 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2010 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Just got mine ordered.

3gs 16GB FREE!
    300 mins etc 18 months contract.
    £30 per month.

Happy with that.

Said it should arrive tomorrow!

Already showing on my account online as ordered!
  • n707301
    Options
    MR_J wrote: »
    Sorted. Woohoo.
    16gb 3GS in white FOC (refurb)300 mins
    18 month contract
    £28 p c m

Strike now while they're in stock.

One other thing I would say is that everyone I have spoke to at O2 has been very helpful, polite and professional and other than having a shortage of stock which on a refurb product like this is understandable, they could not have been better to deal with. The only slight criticism I could make would be if I had followed the guys advice and phoned back tomorrow I might have missed them but I think that is just how the stock comes onto the screens, the staff at retentions just don't know as it is outside their control. If you want the deal, sometimes you have to work for it. :)

Congratulations MR J. I couldn't quite match your deal bagging, but for my effort I got offered:
    16Gb 3GS Black (or white)
    300xnet, unlimited txt's & data.
    and choice of contacts:
    £34.00phone + 18month @ £35 - £664
    £23.60phone + 24month @ £30 - £743

Neither of which seemed like a particularly fantastic deal (particularly when you think of the Tesco mobile £320phone + 12month @ £20 - £560. However, I didn't get any traction with my negotiation, and I think we can all agree we're not in much of a position to negotiate (and I've only been with O2 for 18 months!).

All said thought, comparing the Tesco deal to the 24month deal I'd need to add another 12 months of line rental (min £10/month (t-mob's £10quid unlimited txt'n'data deal), realistically more like £20/month) to make the two truely comparable (Martin take note... your comparisons are a little bit flawed). So that brings the Tesco deal up to a £680->£800 price point, and I'd need to shell out £320 of that in advance. Disclaimer: mobile tariffs including unlimited data might drop in price over the next twelve months so this might not be such a sound argument.

Oh, and thankyou O2 for been so consistently polite and professional to us tight, deal chasing, scrooges! Really, other than not having any real idea when these were coming in, the guys and gals at O2 have been fantastic. Highly recommended.
  • RCarling
    RCarling Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    thanks to whoever sent me a private message (i'm new to this and couldnt work out who it was from!). I got my iphone ordered, delivered tomorrow, not as good deal as i'd been offered in the past but even after speaking to a manager I couldn't get any better:

I got offered the following:

£35 a month for:
    free 16gig 3gs
    600 mins
    unlimited texts and web

or

£33 a month
    free phone
    300 mins, unlimited texts and web and free O2 to O2

I went for the latter as my girlfriend and family are on O2

Thanks for the heads up!
  • RCarling
    RCarling Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    *edit above*

Thanks Mr J :)
  • ECCY
    ECCY Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I've taken the following :

27 p/m
    300 mins + 200mins bolt on
    unlimited wifi etc
    Free 16gb 3GS (Black)

I was offered the same package on an 18mnth contract for £31 p/m however it seemed to be a better option on calculations to go for 24mnths. :T
  • fyfestuart
    fyfestuart Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Just bagged a free 32gb 3Gs (went for white)
    At £33 a month (18months)
    for 300min, unltd texts and net

Which is pretty incredible considering the phone will sell for around £500 on ebay making the tarriff less than £6 a month!!

Good luck everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family