We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheapest iPhone discussion

Options

Comments

• Louisa2010
    Options
    pemcl wrote: »
    I called 6 or 7 times today waiting for the 3gs to come in and several of them all said they could do me a deal on the 16gb 3g instead.

So there seems to be the 3g for definite but no 3gs's. The first girl gave me an idea of the deal I would get on the 3gs -

32gb 3gs for free, 500mins, unlimited texts, web, wifi
    18months for £35 a month

or

16gb 3gs for free 500mins, unlimited texts, web, wifi
    18months for £31 a month
    yeah ive been phoning every day since end of feb....and never have any 3gs refurb in stock-they always say its due in 2 days or whatever and when u call there is never any. i feel like giving up now!! been three weeks now and o2 have no idea-when u think about it its the case of waiting for ppl to return them-apple to refurb them and then be enough to send a batch to o2...takes a while!
  • pemcl_2
    Options
    Louisa2010 wrote: »
    yeah ive been phoning every day since end of feb....and never have any 3gs refurb in stock-they always say its due in 2 days or whatever and when u call there is never any. i feel like giving up now!! been three weeks now and o2 have no idea-when u think about it its the case of waiting for ppl to return them-apple to refurb them and then be enough to send a batch to o2...takes a while!

I'm just tooooo impatient! lol I only got into the last month of my contract on sunday, I couldnt even wait more than 24 hours!

I have to admit though that all the ones i spoke to yesterday were all very nice and they said they all get 6 or 7 calls a day from people looking for the refurbs. So if they were to tell everyone when they definitely are due in then they couldnt cope with the call volumes.

A friend of mine 16gb 3g broke under warranty and they were given a 16gb 3GS as a replacement..... heres hoping mine breaks soon!!!! lol
  • ANewBeginning
    Options
    Just spoke to renteions. No 16gig 3gs refurbs still.

I was offered one of these free, on 18month contract, 600 mins, unlimited texts, web and wifi. Just need them to come into stock!! Or is it worth pushing for a 32gig....or am I being cheeky? ;););)
  • RCarling
    RCarling Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Just spoke to renteions. No 16gig 3gs refurbs still.

I was offered one of these free, on 18month contract, 600 mins, unlimited texts, web and wifi. Just need them to come into stock!! Or is it worth pushing for a 32gig....or am I being cheeky? ;););)

they don't have any of these in stock either, I keep being offered great deals but it's pointless them doing this when they have no phones to back up their offer. It's getting ridiculous now
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 980 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ordered two 16gb 3gs via orange friends and family

phone cost £128
    24 months x (£30x20% off) £24 = £576
    total = £576 + 128 = £704

phone cost £0
    24month contract on (£40x20% off) £32 = £768
    however looking at MSE i should be able to downgrade half way through
    12 x £32 = £384
    12 x (£35x20%off) £28 = £336
    total = £720

In my mind i'm get 0% finance deal on buying the 3gs over 24months say. what's the cost of one, £440?

so, £720 - £440 - £110 (trade in cost of current handset nokia n95gb) = £170

£170/24months = £7.08/monthly line rental.
    £440/24months (iphone) = £18.33/monthly cost
    total monthly cost of £25.41 for iphone number 2.

i didn't do it for both, just incase i couldn't downgrade and wife is a low mins and text user.
  • sol198
    sol198 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    hi people,

i currently have the iphone 3g 8gb which i think is amazing, my contract (18months) with this is due for renewal in april. I know there is usually a new iphone due out in the summer and i will probably get that when it is released.

what would be the best option to fill that gap in between april and july?

my usage in a month is about 400mins, 100 texts ( i use email usually instead of texting) and i use wifi and 3g a lot

i really want to get down from the 35 i pay just now so would payg sim only to put in my iphone be an option like simplicity or tesco, would need to be close to my needs though,

any advice?
  • baxgttdi
    baxgttdi Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    For such a small period as 3 months, why don't you just continue your existing contract on till June when ou could get the new Iphone? Downgrading to a sim only plan for 3 months would save you less than £40 in total. When weighing up the time to port your number and then back again etc is it really worth it?
    LBM 2 - 27.05.09. Debt was £33224 + 1100:eek: OD.
    Car - was - [STRIKE]20867[/STRIKE] - now - Gone! :T Zopa - was [STRIKE]6800[/STRIKE] -now - Gone loan - was [STRIKE]1687 [/STRIKE]- now Gone! :T Student Loan - was [STRIKE]1850 [/STRIKE] - now gone!! - Barclay Card was -[STRIKE] £2000[/STRIKE] now - Gone OD - was 1100 - now - 900 :mad:
    Total - £0 :rotfl: + OD = 100% paid!!!
  • WildWayz
    WildWayz Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    O2 are doing a Sim Only iPhone tariff... 300mins, unlimited SMS, unlimited data on a 30 day rolling contract... £20pm.
  • Louisa2010
    Louisa2010 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    yeah i phoned today and was offered deal on refurb 3g and 3gs but still no 3gs in stock......bored now
  • no_more_cards_for_me
    Options
    Louisa2010 wrote: »
    yeah i phoned today and was offered deal on refurb 3g and 3gs but still no 3gs in stock......bored now

So no 3gs in stock yet then ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family