Cheapest iPhone discussion

Options

Comments

• pemcl_2
    pemcl_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 15 March 2010 at 5:42PM
    Options
    I cant be bothered waiting for the 3gs!

I just went ahead and ordered a black 16gb 3g refurb for 10p (not for free as i first thought!)

300 + 200 extra = 500 mins
    unlimited texts / web / wifi
    18 months
    £28 a month (should be £35 but got a £7 loyalty discount for 18 months according to confirmation email that arrived a few minutes ago)

I'm upgrading from my 2nd N95 so it should still be a step up!!
  • 00tommo
    00tommo Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    warlieb wrote: »
    I called the Upgrades Dept and the best deal (I'm upgrading) they could offer was:

Free Refurb 8gb iPhone 3G
    300 mins
    Unlimited SMS/data/wifi
    18 month contract
    £35 per month

When I asked if she could do any cheaper than that, she sighed and said no that's the best they can do and that'd be the cheapest offer I'd be able to find! So I told her I was going elsewhere.

Then I later called 202 (Retentions) and was offered:

Free Refurb 16g iPhone 3G
    300 mins
    Unlimted SMS/data/wifi
    18 month contract
    £30 per month

I pay £30 p/m now on my Samsung Tocco, so I think it's a pretty good deal? Not as good as the previous poster though, but good enough for me! Not 100% keen on a 'refurb' phone, but she assured me it'd look brand new and I have 14 days to return it if not happy.

I've had my refurb 16g 3G a week now and it definitely is "as new".
    The lady i spoke to at o2 said they have a brand new front and back put on them so they are pretty much a new phone.
    Best phone i've ever had too btw.
  • Louisa2010
    Louisa2010 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    warlieb wrote: »
    I called the Upgrades Dept and the best deal (I'm upgrading) they could offer was:

Free Refurb 8gb iPhone 3G
    300 mins
    Unlimited SMS/data/wifi
    18 month contract
    £35 per month

When I asked if she could do any cheaper than that, she sighed and said no that's the best they can do and that'd be the cheapest offer I'd be able to find! So I told her I was going elsewhere.

Then I later called 202 (Retentions) and was offered:

Free Refurb 16g iPhone 3G
    300 mins
    Unlimted SMS/data/wifi
    18 month contract
    £30 per month

I pay £30 p/m now on my Samsung Tocco, so I think it's a pretty good deal? Not as good as the previous poster though, but good enough for me! Not 100% keen on a 'refurb' phone, but she assured me it'd look brand new and I have 14 days to return it if not happy.

there isnt any refurbs in stock yet-i have had o2 check for me every day and they regularly call me and update me-they just called me there to say none in stock as yet-but the deal you were offered only stands on that phone call-thats the problem i've had as i was offered a really good iphone deal and now no one is honouring it-i have put in a complaint-they keep saying offer only stands on the phone call-so bad!! so when u call back they never offer same deal-and they never put the note on the account of the offer-so good luck!
  • Louisa2010
    Louisa2010 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    RCarling wrote: »
    just rang O2 retentions, was amazed when they said they had the 3Gs refurbs in stock, quickly went through the quoting process and got the deal I wanted. Only for the girl on the phone to say for some reason when she's gone to order it there is no stock

So it seems even when you're told they're in stock they actually aren't

O2 are beginning to annoy me now

been there a million times-i put a complaint through as they have wasted my time now far too much
  • pemcl_2
    Options
    Louisa2010 wrote: »
    there isnt any refurbs in stock yet-i have had o2 check for me every day and they regularly call me and update me-they just called me there to say none in stock as yet-but the deal you were offered only stands on that phone call-thats the problem i've had as i was offered a really good iphone deal and now no one is honouring it-i have put in a complaint-they keep saying offer only stands on the phone call-so bad!! so when u call back they never offer same deal-and they never put the note on the account of the offer-so good luck!

I called 6 or 7 times today waiting for the 3gs to come in and several of them all said they could do me a deal on the 16gb 3g instead.

So there seems to be the 3g for definite but no 3gs's. The first girl gave me an idea of the deal I would get on the 3gs -

32gb 3gs for free, 500mins, unlimited texts, web, wifi
    18months for £35 a month

or

16gb 3gs for free 500mins, unlimited texts, web, wifi
    18months for £31 a month
  • c_johnson_2
    Options
    My GF has been with o2 for 7 years but for the last 18 months has been on the sim only £20 a month deal, if she was to ring o2 would she be entitled to a refurb phone if she takes out a contract or are they for current contract customers only?

TIA
  • daedana
    daedana Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Nokia 2330 and paid just 20£ for it. Cheap and yet really good device, if you prefer to use it just as a phone. I have a computer for surfing and I've thought about maybe getting an iPad when it comes out.

Don't really need more expensive phone than this.
    :)
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    c_johnson wrote: »
    My GF has been with o2 for 7 years but for the last 18 months has been on the sim only £20 a month deal, if she was to ring o2 would she be entitled to a refurb phone if she takes out a contract or are they for current contract customers only?

TIA
    I was also on simplicity 15 per month for 6 months after being with o2 for years. I called retentions end feb and got a refurb 16 gb 3gs for free 300 mins 600txts unlimited data and wifi for £30 per month on 18 month contract. I was lucky as the 3gs refurbs have been out of stock since. She should try anyway
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Jammy007
    Jammy007 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    can you call retentions if your a pay and go customer?
  • Louisa2010
    Options
    Jammy007 wrote: »
    can you call retentions if your a pay and go customer?

doubt they'll offer much as you are not in a contract?? but you should try. o2 not been very good lately
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure