Cheapest iPhone discussion

Options

Comments

• loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    i think my 28 a month for 18 months is a hell of a lot to be honest. i can buy a touch screen phone for 100 and keep paying my 20 a month.

am i being tight? but as jobs are i dont know where ill be in 18months time, possibly sat on the dole with an iphone ;-)

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • giskard_2
    Options
    I was looking at getting an Orange iPhone 3GS through Quidco to get a £60 cashback as advertised on QuidCo but when speaking to Orange sales they told me that only applied to phones other than iPhone.

Has anyone had any joy getting cashbacks on iPhones with monthly contracts?
  • Lieutenant_Thrift
    Options
    lieutenant - did they say they werent in stock? Ive just rung, they said not in stock.

Ta
    Lou

That's right, they said it would be in stock today and we should call back tonight. Will an iPhone sim work in a conventional o2 phone?

I'm thinking of quoting the other net works' prices to them in a bid to get them down, do you think it will work?

Thanks,

LT
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    dunkerz wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been covered further up and I've missed it, but with the unlimited text messaging change to O2's tariffs, would I be right in thinking that effectively also means unlimited picture messaging?

No you would be wrong i'm afraid, MMS is 20p per message on the new tariff. and texts from abroad are now chargeable aswell, as is voicemail.
  • ALR
    ALR Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet before...
    Martin's e-mail on Wednesday stated that the o2 iPhone SIMplicity tariffs (with free unlimited text, data, web AND visual voicemail) were only for people who's existing iPhone contracts were now coming to an end. And that anyone getting an iPhone on SIMplicity having not had the contract before didn't get the free data, web and visual voicemail (unless they bought bolt-ons - and even then you had to choose between the data and web).

However... I've just been given my friends old iPhone now that he's upgraded to the 3Gs and was intending to change onto the iPhone tariff and pay for the bolt on to get free data, but a quick check on their website showed me that there was no restriction anymore, you could change directly onto one of these tariffs and get all of the free unlimited benefits and visual voicemail even if you had not had the contract previously!

So I am pretty happy now!
    I've just changed from my o2 £15 SIMplicity 1 month rolling contract to the £15 iPhone SIMplicity 12 month contract (I didn't getting tied into the contract for the £5 a month discount as I'm not intending on changing away from o2 anytime soon!) and I get all the extra benefits.

Anyway, it's a great benefit to anyone who is able to pick up a cheaper second hand iPhone and it doesn't disadvantage you!

:j
    :starmod: :starmod: :starmod: "Live like you mean it, Love 'til you feel it" :starmod: :starmod: :starmod:
    - The Goo Goo Dolls
  • spikeyjac
    spikeyjac Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    paulmcb wrote: »
    i have 2 months left on my contract with orange..
    been offered iphone for £89 1 off payment, £31.50 p/m 600 mins t/t unlimited txt, free broadband in house ( from existing deal, get it for life as long as I'm with orange)...wont tell me if the £89 will come down if i wait 2 months..anyone any inside knowledge ??

Who was that through?
    Is it a 24 month contract, and is it a 3gs?
  • rknight20772
    Options
    I have had a simplicity tarrif that I have used with my iPhone for over a year (600 mins, 1000 text, unlimited web for £20 a month) and I was interested in moving to the new iPhone tarrif to get unlimited text and wifi.
    I read the T's & C's and I just wanted to point out to everyone that the new Simplicity charge for ALL picture messages. On the old tarriff, 1 picture message is charged as 4 text messages. On the new tarrif you have to pay for EVERY picture message you send. If you only send 1 or 2, its not a big deal, but if you send a lot, they are 20p per message, and so the cost could add up. I have called O2 to verify this, and they tell me that it is the case. So please keep this in mind if you are thinking of upgrading your simplicity to the new iPhone tarriff.
  • daggy
    daggy Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    Options
    loopy_lass wrote: »
    i think my 28 a month for 18 months is a hell of a lot to be honest. i can buy a touch screen phone for 100 and keep paying my 20 a month.

am i being tight? but as jobs are i dont know where ill be in 18months time, possibly sat on the dole with an iphone ;-)

loops

It's on par with the best deals people have got, be surprised if o2 better it.
  • curly_lou_99
    Options
    Just rang o2 retentions - still no 3gs refurbs in stock apparently.
  • robmcdougal90
    Options
    Can someone tell me the number from o2 retentions, cant seem to find it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure