Virgin Media Retention thread

Options

Comments

• Del_Boy_Gupta
    Options
    KindOfHush wrote: »
    Coming to end of current 10 Meg Broadband only - 12.00 a month six month existing customer deal, just phoned V.M who informed me that being as during the last 3 months my usage has been 15.8 gig/17 gig/19 gig they believe that my usage represents very good value for the full 10 Meg Broadband only rate. _pale_

Only offer they made was old 2 meg Broadband only @ 15.20 with 12 Month contract or 17.20 without a contract. :(

Told them to have 30 days notice to terminate my service during which time I will look elsewhere for a cheaper alternative. :cool:

Just phoned VM as i too had a deal on a broadband only contract.

Only had broadband for the last couple of years. Whilst they had taken £7 loyalty off my normal price of £26 for 10 meg, they were also applying another discount down to £13.25 (or £13 which is what I had originally agreed in Sept 2010)

Anyway this months they have removed the second discount so my bill is now £19.

I called them and got a stroppy bloke who said i had a 12 month contract and to cancel now this would invoke an early termination fee.

I was not informed of the 12 month new contract but he said it was in the terms and conditions for any retention offer.

Would not budge and when i mentioned about what i had been told his view was their notes said deal for 6 months hence it was a new contract.

Anyone got any advice. If they honoured the price for the remaining 6 months i would probably stay.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • JMA_2
    JMA_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    JMA wrote: »
    I was on

£36
    V+
    M TV
    L BB
    M Phone

Cancelled on Friday after being offered rubbish deals - got a call today and got for

£31
    V+
    XL TV
    L BB
    M Phone

Phone is 18 month contract and goes up by £6 after 12 months but BB & TV are 12 months so can leave them and haggle after that! Fella even said to me to do that again :D

I had spent the weekend researching Sky/Talk Talk/BT but I live in an area that best BB I could get was 5meg not guarenteed. So I fel I got a great deal today, I wanted to stay with Virgin but pay less and the XL TV is great, all the HD channels, TV & Music on demand :)

Sky was looking £17 for BB (not unlimited as bad area), £11 for phone and then £19 for basic TV! (OK before you argue the quidco/ m& s vouchers neither guarenteed!)

My extra channels were on within an hour tonight - impressed! :money:

My contract arrived yesterday - and it states 18 months for each serive and a price of £38 a month. going from above posts I am guessing if I ring I will get the same oh it doesn't mean anything. Tempted to just send in the cancellation form.

Og course it says you have 7 days to do this, funny how it only arrived 6 days after I cancelled :mad:

Will ring tomorrow and see what they say - also the greedy (moneysaving) part of me wants more as others have got it too!
    Mummy to toddler Ben
  • KindOfHush
    KindOfHush Posts: 38 Forumite
    edited 27 March 2011 at 2:17PM
    Options
    I called them and got a stroppy bloke who said i had a 12 month contract and to cancel now this would invoke an early termination fee.

I was not informed of the 12 month new contract but he said it was in the terms and conditions for any retention offer.

The last two 6 Month deals that I had ( latest was also in September 2010) did not put me under contract again, that I was informed both in September 2010 and in March 2011 when I made the call detailed in your quoted post.

Since my posting I have heard no more from V.M with my service due to end on April 8th, I am currently seeking out cheap Mobile Broadband as short term contingency plans with a view to going back to V.M after a few months with as much cashback as possible as a new customer as I have no plans to pay them the rate they appear to be wanting for Broadband only. :(
  • mattyboy1982
    Options
    Well I dont know if I was lucky or not but on my first call to cancel with Virgin this morning got me straight through to some sort of retention team. I know this guy was different because he had access to give me discounts that were not available to the woman who answered when I phoned back later! Although the woman could just have been new!

Anyway I got her to email the original guy and he called me back.

This is what he offered me.

TV XL (with Sky Sports)
    BB XL
    Phone M
    V+ HD Box (£49.95 one of fee for the box
    Super Hub
    Free Install

And this is a 12 month contract with discount for the first six months

£59.24 for the first 6 months
    £66.74 for the following 6 months.

I only had broadband and phone before so not sure if this helped or hindered the offers!

I have seen lots of other retention deals but none the same as my package. The way ive looked at it is if I remove sky sports its gonna be £44.24 a month after the 6 month discount period for what would be £55.99 for new customers. Not bad!!

What do people think? Im happy with that offer but wondering if i should cancel anyway and see if they call back! :)
  • johnthebar
    johnthebar Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    I just called to cancel as we are moving house and might as well start as new customers in my partners name if they can't offer me anything better. Hopefully I'll get a retentions call soon
  • JMA_2
    JMA_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    JMA wrote: »
    My contract arrived yesterday - and it states 18 months for each serive and a price of £38 a month. going from above posts I am guessing if I ring I will get the same oh it doesn't mean anything. Tempted to just send in the cancellation form.

Og course it says you have 7 days to do this, funny how it only arrived 6 days after I cancelled :mad:

Will ring tomorrow and see what they say - also the greedy (moneysaving) part of me wants more as others have got it too!

Mwhahaha...

Rang the other day and ended up cancelling again. Yes to see if they rang & I could get a BB upgrade & hub.

They just rang back and I now have

XL TV
    M Phone
    XL BB
    And a new hub coming out in 2 days
    All for the same £31 :j:T

Delighted and just shows if you are cheeky enough you may well get!!
    Mummy to toddler Ben
  • peterc2609
    peterc2609 Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to get:

M Phone
    L TV + ESPN
    XXL BB (50MB)
    SuperHub
    Free Install
    Free 0845/0870 numbers

£39 a month

Is that good?
  • mattyboy1982
    Options
    I got my contract through and decided to cancel anyway in the end! So gonna wait and see if they call me back! Just have to tough it out! Lol.

Out of interest were people getting calls from retentions quite often? Or do I just have to hope I'm in because they will only bother calling a couple of times?

Thanks guys
  • tictak
    tictak Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive been with virgin/ntl forever.Im currently paying £39 for all 3 services but only secong up on the tv package.... do you think i could do better or this reasonable... ta x
  • Scavenger
    Options
    Hi all!

First post, I wish I'd found this site last week!

I've just changed my deal with Virgin Media...

To: £37.99 = M Phone, M+ TV, XXL Broadband (free installation, V HD Box - £49.95 to activate)

Obviosuly its less than I'm paying now, but I was paying too much anyway! Does that sound like an ok deal?

Thanks

James
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family