Virgin Media Retention thread

Options

Comments

• andy30
    andy30 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 11 April 2011 at 5:38PM
    Options
    well after weeks of putting it off, finally cancelled and then received the call back.

£36 a month (£44 on contract with additional £8 discount applied - double checked this when the paper copy came through)
    XL TV
    L BB (10mb) + new "super hub"
    XL phone (+ 08 numbers, caller display)

Was originally told all was 12 month contract except the phone which was 18 month and that price would go up to £44 after the 12 months.

Well the contract came through all 3 services 12 month contract and verified on the phone - :D
  • mattyboy1982
    Options
    Well finally got my call back! And got a deal that I'm pretty pleased with!

I kinda feel I didn't push him enough and there was maybe a few pound more to be saved but I'm still happy!

I got:

Xl tv
    Xl bb (20 meg)
    M phone (+08 numbers)
    V+ box (no install or activation charge)
    Super hub

12 month contract

£35 per month

Reckon I could have shaved a few more pound off but I'm still very happy! :)
  • Intenso
    Intenso Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've recently found Virgin retentions to be extremely dishonest.

I recently rang them to give months notice on my landline as I am moving over seas in 2 months time. I said that I would like to keep the BB until I leave in July. I have no other services apart fromn anywhere minutes.

A week later retensions called and offered me the BB and line rental at a ridicoulusly cheap price. I explained that I would be happy to take it but without agreeing a further 12 month contract. The boy agreed on the phone, but I asked him to put me through to his manager to confirm which she did.

Surprise, surprise letter in the post stated 18 month contract.

I rang and cancelled.

Why do they bother?
  • patricia1066
    Options
    shaymenRup wrote: »

I got Virgin + HD box
    Super Hub
    10MB broadband
    L telephone
    Caller ID
    for £32.50 a month
    also got £30 off first months bill due to price increases and free installation.
    Does this include line rental?
  • patricia1066
    Options
    Just off the phone from the cancellations dept: I decided to stay when I was offered this for £33 per month.

Tel eve and weekends
    BB L
    TV M
    V+
    Line rental

An alternative I didnt want to consider was £28 pm for above less V+ which would have meant no recording or timeshift.
    It is 12 month contract tie-in, and the discount will apply for 24 months provided I dont alter it.

Phew, hope it comes through as described.
  • smunchkinp
    smunchkinp Posts: 77 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2011 at 2:22PM
    Options
    I must have struck gold:

Was on:
    XL TV
    L BB
    M Phone + Line Rental

Total - 50.99 month

Called disconnections and they offered me:
    M phone
    M TV
    and L BB for £27.99

I told them to continue with disconnection. as i have freeview HD built into TV, contract phones with more minutes than i ever use, and i could go to another phone line provider and get sky broadband unlimited for approx £17 a month

3 days later, Retentions called me,

M Phone
    M TV with HD channels
    L BB
    Phone Rental

£13.99 month. (12 month contract)

I've already called them back to make sure i wasnt dreaming, and they confirm thats the price.
    Just waiting for the paperwork now as they wouldnt e-mail it me. Lets see if they can actually commit to this price.
    Mortgage deposit fund: £4000
    £2012 in 2012 challenge #121: £2491.23/£2012
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For a month now we have been waiting for a 12 month contract after accepting a deal from them.

3 times they have sent an 18 month one out.

For a month we've had a V+ box waiting to be connected in the bedroom, but until that 12 month contract comes through, it ain't coming out of the box!

They haven't a bleedin' clue what they are doing.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I've received a third letter from them, addressed to me personally, it says " do you know our fibre optic cable is now connected to your home".
    I left VM in November 2010 after they couldn't give me a suitable deal.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • ColinMikeMe
    Options
    The most I can get down to for just broadband in case anyone is interested is 30MB for £28.50 a month
  • smunchkinp
    smunchkinp Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    They lied (suprise suprise)

£13.99 + Line rental
    18 month contract instead of the promised 12

I've called them back and told them to stuff their service. i'm going to switch:

They even had the gall to say that Sky Unlimited isnt unlimited but capped to 40GB a month.
    Thats it, if a company lies, and blatently tries to discredit the competion with untruths, they dont deserve any buisness from anybody.

Virgin Media, I bid you a fond farewell and hope more people follow, yes you may have fibre optic internet, but with the amount of throttling you do, it's useless.
    Mortgage deposit fund: £4000
    £2012 in 2012 challenge #121: £2491.23/£2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family