Virgin Media Retention thread

Options

Comments

• losthour
    losthour Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Remember to go paperless billing by June 1st else you'll pay a pound more each month.
  • simplysound_2
    Options
    hey there, i would like a bit of advice.

I am a student and signed up for reduced student deal of £10 p/m broadband, last october, and have been charged £18 (the full price with out the student deal i was offered)

I want to call up and see if i can get this money refunded, what number should I call? (this thread is masssssive) Anyone think i have a chance of success? Also i want to cancel my contract i guess i can do that at the same time?

Thanks
  • leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got off the phone to a nice chap @ Virgin to ask about this increase.

He basically said i have a recurring credit of £8 which takes it back to £10 a mth, he said that there's been problems with the billing system or something and that i will be paying (still) £10 a mth even though the letter states £18.

I shall check when it gets debited from my account around the 29th, watch this space!
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    hey there, i would like a bit of advice.

I am a student and signed up for reduced student deal of £10 p/m broadband, last october, and have been charged £18 (the full price with out the student deal i was offered)

I want to call up and see if i can get this money refunded, what number should I call? (this thread is masssssive) Anyone think i have a chance of success? Also i want to cancel my contract i guess i can do that at the same time?

Thanks

For the first part of your question I suggest phoning accounts, the number should be on your bill , although why you have left it so long into your contract seems a little strange.

As to cancelling your contract part way through don't count on it. I presume you signed a 12 month contract and they are more than likely to hold you to it.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • char_student
    char_student Posts: 860 Forumite
    Options
    I have L BB, L phone and XL tv for £35 a month from Virgin
    :beer: If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button :beer:
  • str1ker
    str1ker Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the same deal as CHAR STUDENT.

XL TV
    L BB
    L Phone

For £35 a month.

I don't use the phone much in the week and I was wondering if I reduced the phone to M then would it reduce the £35 and by how much?

I have signed up for 12 months so can I make a change now?
  • saad_awal
    saad_awal Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    when we want to disconnet, dont we have to give a notice period or something? my contract runs out on 4-jul and they have asked me to call back then... i was thinking i would have had to call on say 4-jun...

any comments?
    :beer:
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    saad_awal wrote: »
    when we want to disconnet, dont we have to give a notice period or something? my contract runs out on 4-jul and they have asked me to call back then... i was thinking i would have had to call on say 4-jun...

any comments?

Well thats if you want to cancel, i'm guessing you don't & you just want a better deal for your broadband. Call 4th of june as technically thats you into your last month of your contract.
  • saad_awal
    saad_awal Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    i think i'll do that actually... i had to call them yesterday because they put the £1 on my bill despite moving to online billing.. the relics of NTL/Telewest!
    :beer:
  • shayr1992
    Options
    Could I have some help. I am currently paying £31 a month for:
    TV L
    Phone M
    Broadband M
    I have been paying this for nearly two years now, and the service hasn't been too great. It lost the sky channels and I have had to make many phone calls for broadband issues. I don't even get the ISP firewall or email addresses because their installation CD wouldn't work. They had to do a manual install.

How exactly would I go about getting a better deal, which department do I go to. I don't want to talk to the retentions group and then get myself disconnected without a better deal because I didn't know what to do. Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback