Virgin Media Retention thread

Options

Comments

• littleange
    littleange Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have had half price broadband from the first month, we phoned up after it was installed at got the deal.
  • titusfistus
    Options
    Hi

My first post and raring to start saving money!

One of the services I called last weekend to start saving money on my monthly outgoings was Virgin. I was paying £18.00 for my internet connection and £15.00 for a evening / weekend use landline (both previously NTL). After seeing a cheap intro offer for new subscribers I rang up (steam coming out of my ears) and demanded the same deal - they gave me with no questions £4.50 B/B and £11 L/L - AND a further £1 off for online billing - for the usual 1 year contract period (not the silly 3 month intro and then increasing to double or even triple). This equates to £15.50 against the £33.00 I was paying.

It's worth checking all the time latest intro deals and offers by all service providers as I have also just saved 4p per unit on my gas supply and 2p per unit on electricity - they weren't going to write to me and offer it were they?:j
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    8 days to go until I get disconnected. Still no call from retentions! If anyone has been called by retentions recently after giving a disconnection notice, how long before disconnection were you called???
    Saeed wrote: »
    Still not had a call from the retentives yet! Hope it comes soon!
  • FunkyFeet
    FunkyFeet Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Options
    Saeed i recently got my aunt a great deal with virgin once they had taken her 30 days notice, sent you a pm with all details! Check it out!
    :eek:FunkyFeet:eek:
    Elite 5:2 #19
  • eddie904
    eddie904 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    After reading these posts today, i got straight on phone to Virgin to ask how i could cancel. i told them i felt i was paying too much and there were lots offers, also said i was not happy that i was paying £48.00 for my services, when new customers were being offered same services for £31.00

Broadband xl and phone m

The woman i spoke to immediately offered me the same deal for next 12 months and said i should ring back after 12 months to see what else they can do for me.

So i am very happy that just one phone call has reduced my monthly bill by £17.00
  • jaswba
    jaswba Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Was just wondering whether it is worth my while phoning up retentions. Basically I phoned up in august last year and said all the standard 'I'm moving to sky' stuff and was offered the free upgrade to XL TV for 12 months. I really want to get a V+ box and am hoping to get a discount on installation as well as a better deal. Do you think it would be better for me to wait until my current loyalty discount is gone or will it make no difference?

P.S my current deal is:
    XL TV
    M Broadband
    L Phone
    £33.95
  • markie1874
    Options
    I have XL TV, M BB and L Phone

Paying £40.50 per month

I would like to cut down on my payments or increase package (either Sky Sports, V+ or another box)

what do you reckon the chances are and what is the best course of action

Cheers in advance
  • leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a letter through this morning which says £18.00 from the 29th May not happy as i was paying £10.00 a month.

I think a phone call is in order, i've been with them for years now, firstly with Ntl.

I'm just wondering is it worth mentioning that my parents have the tv and phone package to maybe extract a overall better deal? i think they are paying something like £46 a month.
  • Saeed
    Options
    I have got 5 days now until cancellation date, and no one has called me!!!!! What are they playing at????? Tried what you suggested FunkyFeet, but did not get anywhere. They just said it must have been a call to tell you your cancellation date!
  • Saeed
    Options
    After badgering them a few times today, I have now got £10 a month for 2MB BB for the next 6 months, without being tied in at all, not even for 6 months!!!!! Have to ring in after 6 months to renew the offer. Good enough for me. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback