We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Virgin Media Retention thread

Options

Comments

• SirMimic
    SirMimic Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned them last April and got a good deal. Back then, they said that the price would go back to normal prices this April and I would have to call them again, I called them yesterday and asked them for the monthly cost and they said the same price as it has been and I asked if this would change for next month, CS was confused but just repeated my monthly cost so I left it at that because they couldn't tell me more.

My question is; is my price likely to go up like they said last year or will it stay the same as CS implied? It is confusing because I would have expected CS to be able to tell me more about it.

My current deal is:
    TV: XL
    BB: XL (20mb)
    Phone: XL (unlimited)

£39.50 (Monthly is £54.50 minus £15 'good will gesture')
  • afsha
    afsha Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Hi need some advice

I am with vm for
    Telephone - unlimited calls and
    BroadBand (M) package
    costing me 19.99.

I am wanting to negotiate higher speed for the Broadband
    as I can get the

BT line - 11.50
    O2 BB speed 6/8 meg - 7.50
    + free Primus Saver Option 2
    + 18185.co.uk for week day calls.

Most of our billed calls from VM is 0845 numbers to call international
    numbers after we checked the cheapest access number to call Pakistan.
    so the cost of that should remain the same i think.

I phoned today and I didn’t have much luck in getting a higher speed
    for the BB advisor said it was already too cheap? am I asking too much?
    I feel really naughty as I have already got a loyalty reduction on the contract.

He kept saying so ill cancel you account if your not happy and I said ill
    get the BT line installed before canceling thanks again and again as i didnt want to be left without a telephone. should I have said anything different?

Am I mistake moving from cable modem to BT ?
    Start Weight: 11st 9lbs /73.8 kg (BMI 31)
    Current Weight: 11st 8lbs/73.3 kg (BMI 31)
    10% Target Weight: 9st 8lbs/60.8 kg (BMI 25)

Member of the Lose Weight 13 thread
    August Challenge : 5lbs

WW online member but STILL need help.
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    They would rather take £4.50 (half price) per month from a customer than lose them!

That is a fantastic deal. They have just increased the price of my 2mb bb from £10 back to £18 after a year so I will be getting on to the retentives. I very much doubt Ii will get it for £4.50, but I will try and report back. Did you call retentions and did they give it to you straight away or did you give a cancellation notice and then got a call back?

PS: do you have any other services with them, normally they only do this deal for phone line customers. I have BB only at the moment. Well actually have mobile phone from them too, but that is from virgin mobile. About to go onto the £10/month 300mins/texts next month.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Saeed, can you keep us posted, because I only have BB.

My first year finishes in a couple of months, I've been pleased with the service and would be happy to keep paying £10/mth.

So will be interested to see what you can get.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • paul2468
    paul2468 Posts: 845 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned up and said i wanted to leave, anyway they gave me 2mb....talk unlimted ......the XL T.V.for £37.50....is this a good deal..........i would like an extra box in the bedroom but forgot to ask......anybody know how much an extra box will cost ?
  • ludo99
    Options
    I pay £19.99 this all inclusive package, I checked in Which? Magazine last October Utility Warehouse and they were rated the best provider! But it doesn`t apply if your phone is Cable, Virgin or NTL, then it`s £27.99, They don`t advertise, hence the low cost.Oh and there`s NO CONTRACT!
  • ludo99
    Options
    Forgot to say it includes LINE RENTAL as well as free week-end calls!
  • Jenko2006
    Jenko2006 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Is this a good deal

TV XL
    EV + WENDS PHONE
    4 MEG GOING TO 10 MEG

FOR £35.00
  • bergy2
    bergy2 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Extra TV Box is £5pcm

I got the V+
    box for free but had to cancel and wait for the phone call back after 2 days and you need to quote a person can refer you here on MSE to get a free Sky plus box and negotiate
  • Jenko2006
    Jenko2006 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Did you get a free install with the V+ box , as I have no tv box at all only a phone line with them so will I get a free V+ box has i'm having the xl tv package.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure