Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• robert.daniels
    Options
    they offered me ludicous money for a small cosmetic track to the REAR!! case of my iphone.

CON MEN!
  • iamhere_3
    Options
    Hi all

Has anyone tried the 'MSM609' code from Martin's page and newsletter on Love2Recycle ? It should add another £5 to the trade in price...

I've tried it for a Nokia 6300 but it doesn't add the extra £5.

---Until 30 June, Love2Recycle is giving an extra £5 on all working phones over £20 when you enter the code MSM609 at the checkout.---
  • miss-coordinated
    Options
    Another vote for Mazuma- very fast turn around, no problems at all.

At the same time I sent another phone to Mopay- heard nothing, emailed them they asked when and how I sent it- I found the proof of postage last week so informed them of the details- still heard nothing back. My cashback was cancelled a sthey claim to have not received the phone and are now ignoring my emails AVOID!!
  • stokefan
    stokefan Posts: 790 Forumite
    Options
    banana green, sent phone they recieved it, my account states they sent the cheque on the 25th of june, still not recieved, what should i do next??
  • Alexei
    Alexei Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Excellent service from Mazuma! Sent my phone Tuesday, email to confirm payment on Wednesday, cheque received Thursday. They also offered more cash than any of their competitors.

I could have got maybe 10% more on Ebay, but on past experience there is NO way it's worth the hassle - and on a bad day the Ebay price would have been lower anyway.
  • Marie4_2
    Marie4_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I sent 4 mobile phones off to Fonebank on the 17th July for the value of £103, got an email off them on the 25th July saying that they hadnt received them yet. I sent a reply off saying that they had been signed for on the 20th as they went Special Delivery, got an email back saying I mustnt have put the order number on it as they couldnt find it. Sent another email back saying the order number was clearly marked on the box with a copy of the order confirmation on the inside.

Now have had an email back saying that they have found it but one of the phones is missing from the box. Surprise surprise it the one worth £70.00. I have emailed again but so far had no reply!!!!:mad:
  • kitsonian
    kitsonian Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Surprise surprise it the one worth £70.00.

Wow, that's not on. These companies usually send a big padded envelope so it seems odd that 1 phone from a total of 4 is missing at their end. You would think that it would be all phones missing or none missing... Very strange.

Must have been a nice phone model for £70 though. Read on handsets.eu somewhere that the average price offered by phone recyclers is only £12!

Hope it gets sorted out for you.
  • Marie4_2
    Marie4_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    The phone was only about 9 month old & it was an all singing & dancing thing, Fonebank have still not replied to my email from lunchtime!
  • mcds01
    mcds01 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi. im really sorry if this has already been asked (long thread!) but do you have to send the charger as well? Im using simply drop and there is no mention of the charger anywhere!

Thanks in advance.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    It depends on the recycler. Read their guidance notes on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure