Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• PeteMc
    PeteMc Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A + for Love2Recycle, good communication and a cheque for £17 plus a £5 voucher for an old Nokia.
  • hannah29_2
    hannah29_2 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    checked out e bay to see how much my phone could potentially make and it was only £20. went to the mobile phone recycling quote page and was offered £51 with fonebanker. filled in the online form, posted the phone on monday recorded delivery, got an e mail tuesday to say they had recieved it and a cheque arrived wednesday. cannot fault them at all. very quick and efficient. i have used other recycling places but have had to wait up to 2 weeks for money to come back.
    hannah
  • Lordpickledonion
    Options
    Have just used Mazuma to flog the old mobile. A REAL ten out of ten. Heard about & contacted on Tuesday, received pre pay bag & posted on Wednesday, several email updates & a cheque today...........Saturday!!! Fantastic stuff...................will put towards the overdraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hannah29_2
    hannah29_2 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    got rid of all the old phones now but have a mass of cables left. is there anywhere you can send them, not necessarily get cash for them or is it just a case of binning them?
  • happyhunter
    happyhunter Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    Used them again (2nd time) to recycle an old phone.
    Sent it off using the freepost label, did not chase them up, and it took 3 weeks to receive the funds.

Overall good reliable service.
  • andrewman
    andrewman Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    i used phonebank for my old phone, it was worth £6, where other sites said not worth anything. Got email confirmation of order, sent phone by recorded delivery, got email confirmation of receipt on a Monday, only sent it on a Saturday, got cheque Tuesday day after they got it. fast and reliable service.
  • northernlights
    Options
    Used Mazuma last week. Within 4 days of sending the phone I received a cheque, and they keep you informed by email. Excellent service! :T
    Northernlights
  • RAPTUREMAN23
    Options
    I sent a motorola RAZR to money4urmobile all it had was a small scratch otherwise working fine. They rejected it for water damage .
    So now no cashback and no phone. It was only worth £5 but that's hardly the point seems like a big con to me . I'd rather put my phone in the bin than use another of these companies
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Used Mazuma last week. Within 4 days of sending the phone I received a cheque, and they keep you informed by email. Excellent service! :T

I think mazuma is probably the most reliable, I know a few who have used them and it went well
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anybody used Earth Mobile?

They are offering the best price for my mobile but I want to know if they are reliable.

Are they new and that's why no one seems to have used them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure