Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Cain84
    Options
    I so far have received one email from love2recycle telling me that due to a systems error i would not be receiving my payment for another 7-10 days. It is now 10 days after i received that email and have heard nothing from them. Their poor communication is a joke plus the fact that I sent a Nokia n95 plus a Samsung v200 in an order totalling £120 means i'm extremely angry at the company and the fact they were recommended from a source i highly regard.

I have emailed them expressing my concern at this fact and will keep you updated on its process.
  • malc1603
    malc1603 Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Cain84 wrote: »
    I so far have received one email from love2recycle telling me that due to a systems error i would not be receiving my payment for another 7-10 days. It is now 10 days after i received that email and have heard nothing from them. Their poor communication is a joke plus the fact that I sent a Nokia n95 plus a Samsung v200 in an order totalling £120 means i'm extremely angry at the company and the fact they were recommended from a source i highly regard.

I have emailed them expressing my concern at this fact and will keep you updated on its process.

I got the exact same email 10 days ago and also not received payment. Its only for about £10 in my case but how difficult is it to write and post a cheque?
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    You are not the only one,I received an email exactly like yours and have not received payment. I will wait till next week, and then email them. Will be interesting to see whether anybody does get a cheque in the post in the near future? Thanks
  • ithinkyourcrazy
    Options
    Hi, I sent them three phones well over two weeks ago now, I sent them recored just to be on the safe side. I got an email saying the phones arrived. I got a email off them the next day telling me the same as the rest of you. Its been two weeks since them, so i emailed them today asking there were the payment was this sent to me
    "Please note that we are experiencing a delay with our payment issuing.
    We do apologise for any inconvenience caused" was all that was sent back to me!

I will wait a few more days and get on to them again as i am not happy, i should be getting a cheque for nearly £80, one of the phones was only for £2, but thats still my £2! :rolleyes:
  • Fastflys
    Fastflys Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

It would appear that my email to Love2Recycle did the trick. On Saturday 21st March I received 5 of 6 cheques. All 5 were for the correct amount and each included an extra £5.

The outstanding cheque is for the mobile Love2Recycle say is faulty which I have disputed.

I will post again if their cheques clear as I have already received an email from Love2Recycle stating that they have discovered a printing error on their cheques and that they may be rejected by my bank. :confused: :mad:

** Today, 23rd March all 5 Love2Recycle cheques were rejected by Abbey **
    The sort code printed at the bottom of their cheques does not match the sort code
    on the top right hand side

I returned to Abbey and asked that they enter all Love2Recycle cheques manually onto their system using the sort code on the top right hand side. All 5 cheques were accepted.
    Abbey were less than helpful and only by taking a proactive stance did I receive the desired outcome.
    I telephoned Love2Recycle and left them in no doubt as to what I thought of their service. They would not accept that the mobile they had stated is faulty was in as new condition and in full [tested] working order when it left me therefore I had no choice but to accept their lower offer. Love2Recycle might have gained an extra £1 :T but have lost my trust and me as a customer. ;)
    Unless Love2Recycle have another "extra special" promotion
    Avoid Them At All Cost
    ;)Do It To Them Before They Do It To You ;)
  • AHAR
    AHAR Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    I received an email from Love2recycle today saying I'd get the cheque in a couple of days but the amount mentioned doesn't include the £5 bonus. I'll wait to see what turns up in the post...
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Not to worry, the same happened to me and today I have received a cheque for the full amount. I have been quite happy with them, and they have kept me posted of my transaction.
  • AHAR
    AHAR Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    AHAR wrote: »
    I received an email from Love2recycle today saying I'd get the cheque in a couple of days but the amount mentioned doesn't include the £5 bonus. I'll wait to see what turns up in the post...

A cheque for the whole amount arrived today - £7! :j
  • rarrarrar
    rarrarrar Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    When selling high tech items like phones, cameras on Ebay etc, list the serial number or part of the IME number as part of the description. Helps stops unscruplulous buyers claiming the goods were faulty and returning an "identical" faulty item they wanted to replace.
  • allyann87
    allyann87 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

Carphone trade in phones when you go into store. I went in to look for another phone for my upgrade and i got £250 for my old mob!

All you need in the phone and they put in your imei. was going to sell myself but it was so easy i got my cash asap!

I've since found out you can find how much they will give you for your mob on their website.

Hope this helps someone as a lot of internet companies only gove up to £200 for mobs and you have to faff around sending your old mob but this way you don't have to :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure