Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 August 2015 at 10:24PM
    Options
    Well, as the regulars will have noticed, it's been a while since I've posted, for which I can only apologise. Prices still seem to be going the right way, though, which is a bonus.

I've changed the format slightly: as MSE have changed the board format, I will now post a smaller version inline and make them "clickable" to show a larger version (if I remember!).

I do have to say, though, that I think ExtraFuel's current pricing really *is* too good to be true: according to their website, for a company-owned tank, the price is a paltry 0.3545 ppl (OK, I know it's only a typo on their part, but it made me smile, and you can always live in hope!).

So, here goes with the pretty pictures. I'm posting both the 24 month and the long term graphs here this time round because I think they make for very interesting viewing.

lpg_price_info.php?m=201508&v=2&w=750

lpg_price_info.php?m=201508&w=750

Click Graphs for larger versions

As always, Enjoy :beer:
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perversely, despite crude oil dipping below €50 per barrel this month, Woldlink price has increased to 24ppl + 5% VAT.:(
  • bobmac62
    Options
    September Price Woldlink

Some good news as summer? comes to an end. Woldlink price has decreased to 20.64ppl +5% +VAT for September
  • CircuitW1zard
    Options
    I emailed Calor as I thought I'd do the right thing for my metered estate to get the price of our LPG down. A year ago we were paying 54.5p a litre and after a resident on the estate contacted them it dropped to 48p a litre. This has been the price for the last year.

My email was responded to and a nice person from Calor contacted me to ask me to knock the doors on my estate to get them to agree to me being the representative for the estate. I'm in the process of doing this but in the meantime Calor have come back and said they are dropping the price to 42p a litre from October.

Is this a fair price? I've seen prices on Extra Fuel as low as 37.5p for fixed price but does anyone have experience of Calor being anywhere close to this?
  • mcmullank
    Options
    I emailed Calor as I thought I'd do the right thing for my metered estate to get the price of our LPG down. A year ago we were paying 54.5p a litre and after a resident on the estate contacted them it dropped to 48p a litre. This has been the price for the last year.

My email was responded to and a nice person from Calor contacted me to ask me to knock the doors on my estate to get them to agree to me being the representative for the estate. I'm in the process of doing this but in the meantime Calor have come back and said they are dropping the price to 42p a litre from October.

Is this a fair price? I've seen prices on Extra Fuel as low as 37.5p for fixed price but does anyone have experience of Calor being anywhere close to this?

I was paying Calor less than the price you quote from Extra Fuel and had an even lower quote for fixed price, if I agreed to a 2 year contract. This was only offered after they received the tank transfer notification. This was for an annual consumption of approx. 8000ltrs.
  • RandomTask
    Options
    I just renewed with Calor for 2 years for my domestic supply. I got 29ppl 1st year, 31ppl 2nd year and £200 free credit.

This was only after receiving my tank transfer request from AvantiGas, and they offered to beat my price. However they didn't know what price I was offered from Avanti, so I took a small amount off it and they still beat that price.

The head office offered to deal with my renewal requests in future. The best offer I got from my local depot (Grangemouth) was 38ppl fixed for 1 year.
  • HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Latest prices, for September 2015.

Still heading downwards, but for how much longer, and will the prices bounce? Or will they stay at this lower level for a while?

lpg_price_info.php?m=201509&v=2&w=750

Click Graphs for larger versions

As always, Enjoy :beer:
  • Bluenikky68
    Options
    Just been checking out prices for my Mum (ST17, Staffs), as she now has bulk LPG for the first time. Quotes are:

ExtraFuel - 29.9p/l for 12 months followed by maximum rise (if any) of 4p/l for the 2nd 12 months. Tank rental £63 p/a incl. VAT.

Calor - 40p/l and £65 tank rental. Apparently the 40p/l is a "special discounted price" for the park-home site she is on, LOL!

Will almost certainly switch her to EF, but Calor are getting a manager to phone me to discuss as the difference is so high. Should be interesting if they do!

Any advice on whether I'm making the right choice if I switch to EF?

Thanks all
    BN
    They laugh because I'm different; I laugh because they're stupid!! :rotfl:
  • Ozzysmate
    Ozzysmate Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been checking out prices for my Mum (ST17, Staffs), as she now has bulk LPG for the first time. Quotes are:

ExtraFuel - 29.9p/l for 12 months followed by maximum rise (if any) of 4p/l for the 2nd 12 months. Tank rental £63 p/a incl. VAT.

Calor - 40p/l and £65 tank rental. Apparently the 40p/l is a "special discounted price" for the park-home site she is on, LOL!

Will almost certainly switch her to EF, but Calor are getting a manager to phone me to discuss as the difference is so high. Should be interesting if they do!

Any advice on whether I'm making the right choice if I switch to EF?

Thanks all
    BN

That's a no-brainer IMO.

Why pay 33% more for the same thing? :D
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The WOLDLINK price for October is confirmed as 23.91ppl +5% VAT, up from the September low. There was an unconfirmed report that they may be able to accept new customers again soon.;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback