Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• mcmullank
    mcmullank Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    scotkat wrote: »
    Thanks mcmullank, that quote I gave was with J Gas. Having spoken to Calor today they've offered a better deal. Is Calor a company to be avoided though?!

eta Avanti have offered an even better deal, 32.5ppl fixed for 2 years.
    If somenone offered me 32.5ppl fixed for 2 years that I would accept this in a heartbeat. As per my previous post, make sure you read the T & Cs BEFORE signing the contract.

Can I ask how many litres per annum this quote is based on?
  • mcmullank
    Options
    scotkat wrote: »
    Is Calor a company to be avoided though?!
    They can be very poor at passing on price decreases. I have reached out to them two weeks ago to give them the opportunity to give me an acceptable price and so far no response.

It looks like it will be hello to woldlink for me.
  • scotkat
    scotkat Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    mcmullank wrote: »
    If somenone offered me 32.5ppl fixed for 2 years that I would accept this in a heartbeat. As per my previous post, make sure you read the T & Cs BEFORE signing the contract.

Can I ask how many litres per annum this quote is based on?

It is based on 4500 litres (I think!) the man I spoke to asked how many bedrooms our property had and based it on that. I've no idea if that's a reasonable usage amount though?
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A quick update on Woldlink prices for June 2015. Price has dropped by 2.20ppl to 23.79ppl +5% + VAT. It's a pity that they are still not accepting any new customers though!
  • mcmullank
    edited 3 June 2015 at 2:09PM
    Options
    bobmac62 wrote: »
    A quick update on Woldlink prices for June 2015. Price has dropped by 2.20ppl to 23.79ppl +5% + VAT. It's a pity that they are still not accepting any new customers though!

Just to clarify this, they are not accepting domestic customers at this time.
  • CillitBang111
    Options
    Quick update on sourcing a provider:
    Finally managed to buy the house..
    Initial quotes from:

AvantiGas:
    39ppl + 5%VAT. 2nd year capped to no more than 10ppl increase

Extrafuel:
    29ppl + 5%VAT. 2nd year capped to no more than 5ppl increase

Woldlink - quote in progress.

Maybe the final update for a couple of years.
    Decided on Extrafuel and began the process of transferring the tank to them this week.
    Today got a call from AvantiGas.
    AvantiGas contract in the post ready to be scrutinised before signing but they have matched ExtraFuel's quote of 29ppl with a 5p cap on the 2nd year and added £250 gas credit.
  • foulcapital
    Options
    Hello,

I’m the president of the french association for the defense of propane consumers ( ADECOPRO ) Our website ( no link provided since newbie) carries hundreds of articles in french on the exploits (in all meanings of the word) of the propane industry worldwide including but not limited to competition, legal , contractual matters, antitrust matters, real case stories of flabbergasted or dismayed customers, wholesale price movements, retail price comparison in northern european countries, domestic propane accidents, odor fade problem, …

It is intended as a testimony of foul capitalism at the beginning of the XXI century, as seen from the narrow point of view of a french propane consumer.

Want to know about the retail market situation in France ? Imagine a country where the choice of LPG distributors would be limited to Shell, Flogas and Calor while only 3 independant distributors would deliver about 5 % of the territory, the rest being in the hands of a gang of four multinationals.

Our Competition Authority has published a good report on the situation of the French market in 2014 but their recommendations were not adhered to by the government, which in the end decided minimal changes in the rules of the game, thru a lukewarm consumer law which does nothing to prevent current abuses except limiting contracts to 5 years instead of 6 to 9 years.

I came to your forum out of curiosity for UK consumer’s opinion on FLOGAS (DCC group) which has just acquired Butagaz the historic leader on the LPG market in France, formerly a wholly owned subs of Shell. I did read on your forum exactly what I expected. Same usual suspects !
    I also came out of curiosity for the situation of tank customer ownership in the UK. In France only 3 % of tanks are customer owned. I don’t think the situation is any better in the UK. This is in sharp contrast with the US Middle West or Germany where 25 % of tanks are customer owned. I’m also curious about the technical details and financial arrangements which UK customers make for the 10 years / 20 years tank revision.
    Inspired by my previous experience on creating CSA groups (community supported agriculture scheme) , I have created a buyers ’ group in 2010 helping one of the smallest LPG distributor in Germany getting a foothold in the rural vicinity of Paris, thereby making it possible to boycott all Big Four ( there was no independent distributor around Paris at the time of this initiative).
    If you are interested to discuss any topic, or to exchange information, you may send me a message thru this thread or thru the association’s web site.

Cheers
    Denis
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m the president of the french association for the defense of propane consumers ( ADECOPRO ) Our website ( no link provided since newbie)
    Easily resolved!
    https://adecopro.wordpress.com/
  • foulcapital
    Options
    Further to my initial mail, I just discovered that the OFT has made some improvements in 2012 by obliging the LPG companies to follow certain rules in the wording of their supply contracts.
    I 'd be interested to get a view of the wording now in use by those companies with respect to PRICE INCREASE TERMS and "cancellation rights when prices rise beyond a specified threshold".
    Which threshold have been inserted in the contracts ? How are they worded ?
    Can some of you put the terms of their contracts in the open or via PM ?

Thanks in advance
    Denis
  • RandomTask
    RandomTask Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 18 June 2015 at 12:30PM
    Options
    I'm currently in contract with Calor until 1st September paying 48p/l in Fife.

At what point should I start asking for new quotes? Around now or nearer the time?

Anyone in Fife paying significantly cheaper?

According to UKLPG, my possible suppliers are:

Calor
    Avantigas
    Flogas
    Mac Gas
    J Gas
    Gleaner Oils Ltd
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income