Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• thozza
    thozza Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bobmac62 wrote: »
    There was an unconfirmed report that they may be able to accept new customers again soon.;)

If they are taking on new customers, make sure you get in quick as they are only able to take a certain proportion of domestic customers vs. commercial (mainly farms).

I have been a customer for about 6 months, works well, good price, delivery is by Flogas, tank rental is £60+vat, no credit facility but pay up front with a debit card. Always speak to the same chap, always very helpful, delivery has been well within a week of ordering.
  • HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Latest prices, for October 2015.

A small bounce, But for how long and how high will the bounce keep going?

lpg_price_info.php?m=201510&v=2&w=750

Click Graphs for larger versions

As always, Hope these are of use.
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The LPG price from WOLDLINK for the month of November has been confirmed at 24.41ppl +5%VAT, a slight increase on the October price of 23.91ppl +5%VAT. Happy heating/cooking!:)
  • thozza
    Options
    Woldlink (which is an agricultural purchasing organisation) are again taking on new customers, I had an email confirming that they have a fixed price deal:

Standard contract length for domestic customers is 2 years and for commercial customers 5 years.

The price of bulk LPG is based on a 6 monthly fixed price that will be reviewed and re fixed for the 1st October and 1st April each year. If you join part way through the six month period you will be fixed to the end of that period, not for six months from the date you join.

Current fixed price is 29.95 pence per litre until to the 31st March 2016.

This is a different deal to the one that current customers (such as myself and Bobmac62) are on, it is slightly more expensive, but still compares well to the rest of the market.

There is no indication that this deal is limited in terms of number of customers, but the last time they took on domestic customers, it was only for a limited period as they had a quota which they filled quite quickly.
  • mcmullank
    mcmullank Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thozza wrote: »
    Woldlink (which is an agricultural purchasing organisation) are again taking on new customers, I had an email confirming that they have a fixed price deal:

Standard contract length for domestic customers is 2 years and for commercial customers 5 years.

The price of bulk LPG is based on a 6 monthly fixed price that will be reviewed and re fixed for the 1st October and 1st April each year. If you join part way through the six month period you will be fixed to the end of that period, not for six months from the date you join.

Current fixed price is 29.95 pence per litre until to the 31st March 2016.

This is a different deal to the one that current customers (such as myself and Bobmac62) are on, it is slightly more expensive, but still compares well to the rest of the market.

There is no indication that this deal is limited in terms of number of customers, but the last time they took on domestic customers, it was only for a limited period as they had a quota which they filled quite quickly.
    Are they offering you, as an existing customer, to fix the price for 6 months? I haven't received any e-mail from them.
  • thozza
    Options
    mcmullank wrote: »
    Are they offering you, as an existing customer, to fix the price for 6 months? I haven't received any e-mail from them.

No, it is a circular, I don't know how many people it went to, it starts off:-

as an existing customer of Woldlink we are aware that you are currently in contract with us and your current arrangement will not change.

For reference we now have a new deal in place that once again allows us to supply to domestic customers with bulk LPG. We have received many referrals from our existing customers over the past year, so if you know of anybody that might benefit from our new deal, please feel free to forward this offer on.

So clearly this is a new deal for new customers, not sure if we will all be shifted onto it eventually, it suggests not, but you never know!
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thozza wrote: »
    I had an email ................

I had one too - just a shame they put my and several other's e mail addresses in the 'to' box instead of the Bcc box :mad:
  • CircuitW1zard
    Options
    I finally got Calor to drop lower and we were offered (40 house metered estate) 35p for 1 year with no more than 3p rise in the second year.

We were also all asked to renew our contracts with £50 gas credit as incentive.

As we were paying 52ppl just over a year ago I'm happy with this as are my neighbours.
  • Bethmiss
    Options
    Hi All

My mother is on contract with Flogas, and fixed term price of 38ppl comes to an end on 18th November. We've had a letter in recently stating
    "Your fixed price deal is coming to an end.
    You are currently receiving all the great benefits of a Flogas fixed price tariff which offers you confidence that your price of gas will not change in the period. This tariff period has now ended"!!

Letter goes on to say they're now fixing a new price for 12 months. The new price will be 41.50ppl, from 1st December, 2015. They're offering the opportunity to fill up tank at current price, as long as we order before then. They also promise to honour existing price even if delivery received after 1st December. We were planning ordering a fill before fixed term ends anyway - on 17th probably.

I phoned to query "fixed price coming to an end" and "fixed price tariff period now ended". Woman I got on phone couldn't see the difference in statements, and was only programmed to tell me what a great deal my mother will be getting from 1st December. My mother will be 86 on 1st December, and she's not going to be very impressed with an increase in gas price as a birthday present!

I suggested that prices are still falling at fuel stations, so lpg must be doing the same. She said they're totally different and no relation in price. Please will somebody advise me if 41.50 ppl is reasonable, or should I fight to stay on the 38ppl which the delivery man said was a good deal at the time. Thanks in advance.
  • thozza
    Options
    Bethmiss wrote: »
    Please will somebody advise me if 41.50 ppl is reasonable, or should I fight to stay on the 38ppl which the delivery man said was a good deal at the time. Thanks in advance.

If you have alook at the last few posts on the thread, you will see that 41.5ppl is by no means a reasonable price, Woldlink have just announced a new fixed price deal at 29.95 pence per litre until to the 31st March 2016, Extrafuel have a fixed price this month of 37.5ppl.

When is your mother out of contract, as this is the best time to try and negotiate a good deal. Flogas are not renowned for cutting prices, but it is always worthwhile threatening them, and pointing out that when the contract ends, you will be moving.

Also useful to point out that the wholesale price of LPG is reasonably static at the moment (see post #2544 for the graph) so there is no justification for a 4ppl rise. Worth pointing out that forward prices are also falling again for Q1 & Q2 2016 (see Lorentzen & Stemoco Gas Reports - last page)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback