Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 12th May 09, 1:03 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Survey Stashing: MySurvey hints & tips
    • 12th May 09, 1:03 PM
    Survey Stashing: MySurvey hints & tips 12th May 09 at 1:03 PM
    Whatís this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, itís possible to earn £100s a year, without any special skill or talent. Itís all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
    Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

MySurvey

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If youíve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 22-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Page 1
    • johnny_c-l
    • By johnny_c-l 12th May 09, 5:50 PM
    • 647 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    johnny_c-l
    • 12th May 09, 5:50 PM
    • 12th May 09, 5:50 PM
    I do quite a few surveys for them. Can't imagine what hints and tips there are really.

Just the more you do for them the more you seem to get offered. Have done product testing for them as well.

They're now called MySurvey not MyTNS.
  • thefenman
    • 13th May 09, 8:15 AM
    • 13th May 09, 8:15 AM
    The home page is http://uk.mysurvey.com. Rewards are paid in Nectar points. They have recently introduced a "messenger" which, when installed on the computer, gives a signal, audible if you wish, when a survey is available.
    Last edited by thefenman; 13-05-2009 at 8:17 AM. Reason: Extra info
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 13th May 09, 8:32 AM
    • 7,437 Posts
    • 11,223 Thanks
    cally6008
    • 13th May 09, 8:32 AM
    • 13th May 09, 8:32 AM
    Or you can have 2000 points = £10 amazon voucher

• muffin_man
    • By muffin_man 13th May 09, 5:39 PM
    • 236 Posts
    • 311 Thanks
    muffin_man
    • 13th May 09, 5:39 PM
    • 13th May 09, 5:39 PM
    I had a message recently to say that automatic conversion to nectar points would no longer happen after 1st May. The redemption rate is staying the same i.e. 1 mysurvey point = 1 nectar point, but you have to wait until you get to 500 points now, rather than them being converted every week regardless of your balance.
  • adam2484
    • 15th May 09, 6:52 PM
    • 15th May 09, 6:52 PM
    I had a message recently to say that automatic conversion to nectar points would no longer happen after 1st May. The redemption rate is staying the same i.e. 1 mysurvey point = 1 nectar point, but you have to wait until you get to 500 points now, rather than them being converted every week regardless of your balance.
    Originally posted by muffin_man
    i'm annoyed. They did this to make you have to login to the mysurvey account. Now though we have another email to say that they will track our internet useage.

I have opted out because you're automatically opted in. I just think it's a bit cheeky.
    • Scaredy Cat
    • By Scaredy Cat 15th May 09, 8:23 PM
    • 2,772 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Scaredy Cat
    • 15th May 09, 8:23 PM
    • 15th May 09, 8:23 PM
    i'm annoyed. They did this to make you have to login to the mysurvey account. Now though we have another email to say that they will track our internet useage.

I have opted out because you're automatically opted in. I just think it's a bit cheeky.
    Originally posted by adam2484
    I just received this email, too - about them tracking what adverts I see online. Seems a bit intrusive to me, and shouldn't be an opt-out thing, I think it should be opt-in.

If I do opt out, does anyone know, am I opting out JUST of the tracking, or will I stop getting surveys, too?
  • blackaqua
    • 15th May 09, 8:24 PM
    • 15th May 09, 8:24 PM
    I also quite often get invited to a personal routine diary (same layout as consumer pulse) for a week which falls just short of £5 with the additional survey at the end
    • koala987
    • By koala987 19th May 09, 10:21 PM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 12,133 Thanks
    koala987
    • 19th May 09, 10:21 PM
    • 19th May 09, 10:21 PM
    Originally posted by muffin_man
    Thanks for this. I don't remember getting an email about this. I noticed last week I had 420 points in my account and wondered why they hadn't been converted to Nectar points. Cheeky!

I did get the email about tracking internet usage and opted out of that pronto! I totally agree - it shouldn't be that you're automatically opted in.
    Last edited by koala987; 19-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    Don't wait for the storm to pass
    Learn to dance in the rain

• olivetti
    • By olivetti 20th May 09, 8:27 AM
    • 211 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    olivetti
    I also quite often get invited to a personal routine diary (same layout as consumer pulse) for a week which falls just short of £5 with the additional survey at the end
    Originally posted by blackaqua

Same here, although they are always very slow at crediting the points to my account:confused::rolleyes: usually at least twice the stated "couple of weeks".

Still waiting for them now 4 weeks after the last personal routine survey....
    • pinkprincess39
    • By pinkprincess39 24th May 09, 7:52 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    pinkprincess39
    do mytns haveany sign up banners? really want to join but understand that you either have to be invited or find a sign up banner?
  • deadleg21
    do mytns haveany sign up banners? really want to join but understand that you either have to be invited or find a sign up banner?
    Originally posted by pinkprincess39
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/retailerdetailMySurvey.htm

get paid £1.50 to sign up
    • Princess_x
    • By Princess_x 26th May 09, 5:15 PM
    • 2,315 Posts
    • 11,523 Thanks
    Princess_x
    They've now changed the points for 850 points per £5 capital bonds voucher [stated in the email i received] which also said something about 850 points per £5 amazon voucher, but they're yet to change this on the site. :S
  • thefenman
    Post removed, mysurvey.com seems to be working now.
    Last edited by thefenman; 27-05-2009 at 2:43 PM.
  • thefenman
    Post removed, duff gen!
    Last edited by thefenman; 27-05-2009 at 2:44 PM.
  • nansenst
    I opted out and havent had any surveys since.
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 16th Jul 09, 10:16 AM
    • 7,437 Posts
    • 11,223 Thanks
    cally6008
    Just received my first £5 Amazon gift certificate. Whats the best way of selling it to someone else ? Is it possible to sell it on ?

• Sbarkia
    • By Sbarkia 12th Aug 09, 12:33 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Sbarkia
    So pleased I spotted this. I've just had a look at my Nectar statement and notice I haven't had any points from TNS since February this year, though I've been doing reguilar surveys. I don't remember having any e-mail from them so will have to check it out as it was a good way of boosting my Nectar points.
    • Sbarkia
    • By Sbarkia 12th Aug 09, 1:14 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Sbarkia
    Sorted!! I finally got into my account and found the info. I also managed to bag myself some extra points by downloading a whatsit to tell me when there was a new survey available plus 10 more for a survey for which I apparently didn't fit the required profile (looks as if I'll have to get myself a couple of kids!) It seems I'm not quite up to the required 500 points for my next injection of Nectar.
    • patman99
    • By patman99 15th Aug 09, 9:40 PM
    • 8,116 Posts
    • 9,537 Thanks
    patman99
    Personnally, I would keep the amazon voucher, as Valued Opinions & lightspeed also do these, then you could quickly build-up a nice amount to by yourself a prezzie at no cost to yourself.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £759.94/ £1000 (that's 75.49%)

3-6 month EF £240.61/£3600 (that's 4 days worth)

Do you/your spouse earn less than £197 p/w ?. Fill-in Form R85 and get your Bank interest Tax free.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,066Posts Today

7,600Users online

Martin's Twitter